Game-Labs Forum

Its official , i am stopping with naval action again.

GreatTimo

I just made a forum about the capping cirkel thing... then i went into another fight , and guess what? AdmiralWang (extremely racist , calling americans and europeans stupid) went for the cirkel in the first minute. It was boring as hell. This will continue to happen every fight. Then we have the people i fought against... AdmiralWang saying: china is number one , american are stupid , european are stupdi , round eyes are stupid. He is extremely racist. I am 100% done with this game. Naval Action legends could have really worked out. Like ... really good. But it wont happen. People like AdmiralWang spoil the game. Partly because of their attitude , partly because of the cirkels. What a dissapointment that this game wont become good. Loads of naval action players i have met in the past years , were amazing. And i will really miss them. This was a great community , with great people. They even made a other version for other players.. amazing. But this spoils it. Lets face facts.. naval action wont work out if this issent handled hard. Naval action has bin for a few years now in beta.. i have told my friends about the game , about the great community.. and even they.. who love games.. wont even try it. They did look at it though. If problems like these people/cirkels wont be solved... naval action is dead. Case closed. It would be really sad... cause i met some great people on here.

I cant post the screenshot sadly because its only allowed to be 1.85MB , mine is bigger it seems. 

Well... i am gonna miss most of you guys... i will keep looking on naval action legends and on the forums , if anything changes.. then ill come back... but yeh.... this is it. Bye :( 

Played a few rounds this morning, there's sort of an unspoken agreement (or maybe ignorance :P) that people just don't go for the circle.

Even so, sure, it's a quick win, but as long as it's contested it seems to allow for a proper fight.

Legends has only been out publically for a very short period of time - in the prior testing phase I'd bet that playercounts were so low that testing the circles was difficult (since AI ignores it).

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Aegir said:

Played a few rounds this morning, there's sort of an unspoken agreement (or maybe ignorance :P) that people just don't go for the circle.

Even so, sure, it's a quick win, but as long as it's contested it seems to allow for a proper fight.

If you mean that capturing the cirkel in the first minutes , is a proper fight. I can tell you its not , its over in a few minutes.. and you get... what.. 10 xp? Sorry.. not fun. Allthough i do agree on the fact of the unspoken agreement. But there are some people who just wanna be mean to others... like AdmiralWang. Who says everyone is a piece of shit except for chinese.

Just now, seanjo said:

If you're going to be put off by "racism", you need to get rid of your internet...Circle, by the way...

You dont need to give me a lesson in the world. Yes this world is hello kittyed up. But this game wassent like that always. Its because of new people. 

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Toxic players are in every MMO game. Report button will be added in the future after testing is done and before game release, that's pretty obvious. Circles issue is already known by Devs.

Yet nothing is done by it? I wouldnt even care if someone ells stole this game and made it better , would just play that game. But its fine. This game wont work out. :)

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Someone seems to be pretty salty, maybe wait until release? No offence, but you don't seem to fit for alpha/beta testing. 

I understand that you say that.. but this game has bin for years and years in beta... how long till full release? I see games that are in beta one month and get millions and millions of players.. why is the difference so big between those games and naval action? Dont get it. Fifa network is giving each year a new version out.. they dont find it hard? How can it be naval action has a hard time improving and other games dont have that problem? I would like to know that?

Captains,

Do not defend toxic chat EVER. Your personal standards are your own and the rest of the world is not forced to take up with it. The internet is not your friend. If you want to go toxic, please do that to your friends and family, not us all.

@GreatTimo Do report offenses. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Captains,

Do not defend toxi chat EVER. Your personal standards are your own and the rest of the world is not force to take up with it. The internet is not your friend. If you want to go toxic, please do that to your friends and family, not us all.

Thanks , i will :).

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

I've seen games in Alpha/Beta Development usually for 2-4 years, sometimes longer. Examples:

Minecraft, Robocraft (4 years in early access), The Long Dark (still in development, getting close to release), Empyrion Galactic Survival (over 2 years in development, everyone loves the game as early access) and much more examples...

@Hethwill no one is defending toxic behaviour, what I pointed out is that at this point it should be ignored by following the rule "don't feed trolls". I also pointed out that there is no "report" function yet.

Yes , there are much examples , but those games were GOOD games wen they were in alpha/beta. I played minecraft in the Alpha/Beta version , it was a good game , didnt find much wrong about it. Ofcourse , i needed to become better , but it was playable , and it was fun to play.. this.. this issent fun.

39 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Captains,

Do not defend toxic chat EVER. Your personal standards are your own and the rest of the world is not force to take up with it. The internet is not your friend. If you want to go toxic, please do that to your friends and family, not us all.

No one's defending it, it's just a fact of life.

2 things, circle and wang.

I really don't understand why you even care about Wang?  They removed "Ignore" from NAL?  If not, then just ignore ffs.  To be great you have to understand different kind of people and cultures or use ignore ;)

Circle is good.  Why?  Ask from yourself, why you have to sail out?  Why people sail out?  What is so hard that people don't stay in the circle?  Why and how that circle can be so small that people cannot fit in?

The answer is that they don't understand that those are sailing ships and there is something called wind.  They cannot manage wind, why they just sail downwind.  While they sail continuously downwind -> They naturally in the end are out.

In a sailing game, basic concept called wind should have it's purpose.  If you don't understand it, you lose.  It is not much to learn so what is the issue?

You should get more points from circle cap, this is true.

2 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

I just made a forum about the capping cirkel thing... then i went into another fight , and guess what? AdmiralWang (extremely racist , calling americans and europeans stupid) went for the cirkel in the first minute. It was boring as hell. This will continue to happen every fight. Then we have the people i fought against... AdmiralWang saying: china is number one , american are stupid , european are stupdi , round eyes are stupid. He is extremely racist. I am 100% done with this game. Naval Action legends could have really worked out. Like ... really good. But it wont happen. People like AdmiralWang spoil the game.

Grow up. If that offends you, there is something wrong with you more than there is with him.

As for the other things you say, I completely agree. But walking away is not the answer. This game is in development, and the devs are doing a better job with each patch. Stay, constructively contribute on the forums.

Regarding the circle, you just have to keep an eye on the map at all times and as soon as you see someone breaking off to head to the circle then follow them, especially at the start of a match. I used to hate it when people did that but I have since had some interesting battles when I have broken off from the pack to intercept someone going for the circle. The circle can bring some tactics into the game but when it becomes a chain and chase battle it gets really boring.

Most people do not bother going for the circles. but I think as more people join the game you will get a certain group of players to who the win counts more than anything else, especially if they introduce a leaderboard that shows wins vs losses.

Regarding the racist talk, well that is the internet for you, as much as you try and stop it people hide behind their anonymity to spout racist and homophobic language and to troll in general. It happens in all games where you have a chat function that is not actively moderated. It will carry on until games start getting shut down by governments for allowing their chat channels be used to propagate hate speech and of course then there will be an uproar about government censorship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

People like AdmiralWang spoil the game.

Think of it this way: Are you sure you want to "empower" such a small group of individuals to ruin your experience? Report, ignore and continue to have fun with the rest of us.

We tried without circles in Sea Trials and that caused more grief with running and kiting.

Timo, don't let the bastards grind you down.

59 minutes ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

Grow up. If that offends you, there is something wrong with you more than there is with him.

As for the other things you say, I completely agree. But walking away is not the answer. This game is in development, and the devs are doing a better job with each patch. Stay, constructively contribute on the forums.

So you find it okey that everyone should be mean to eachother? This is the reason why this world will NEVER get good. People find it okey that people are mean to eachother. God , the ego is bigger the love itself. 

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

2 things, circle and wang.

I really don't understand why you even care about Wang?  They removed "Ignore" from NAL?  If not, then just ignore ffs.  To be great you have to understand different kind of people and cultures or use ignore ;)

Circle is good.  Why?  Ask from yourself, why you have to sail out?  Why people sail out?  What is so hard that people don't stay in the circle?  Why and how that circle can be so small that people cannot fit in?

The answer is that they don't understand that those are sailing ships and there is something called wind.  They cannot manage wind, why they just sail downwind.  While they sail continuously downwind -> They naturally in the end are out.

In a sailing game, basic concept called wind should have it's purpose.  If you don't understand it, you lose.  It is not much to learn so what is the issue?

You should get more points from circle cap, this is true.

I am not talkiing about tha cirkel , i am talking about the A or B cirkels. I have bin at a fight , where someone played really good and had 5 kills , he was really happy , then this last player was way faster than him and captured the cirkel , he lost. He got litterly 387 XP. For 5 kills? 5? Thats nothing. Its just so mean to put a knife in someones back like that. 

1 minute ago, GreatTimo said:

I am not talkiing about tha cirkel , i am talking about the A or B cirkels. I have bin at a fight , where someone played really good and had 5 kills , he was really happy , then this last player was way faster than him and captured the cirkel , he lost. He got litterly 387 XP. For 5 kills? 5? Thats nothing. Its just so mean to put a knife in someones back like that. 

What would be the point of having faster ship then?

In the end you have nothing against circles, but in your opinion rewards are not in balance?

Just now, Cmdr RideZ said:

What would be the point of having faster ship then?

In the end you have nothing against circles, but in your opinion rewards are not in balance?

Having a faster ship would make sure that someone cant put a knife in your back. Yes , the rewards are unbalanced , if you lose you get twice as less then wen you win , i understand some xp has to go away wen you lose , but half of it? or even more? The way to make this dissapear is to make the cirkels dissapear. Whats so great about them anyway?