Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Landsman

Good night, sweet prince ( OW NA )

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Legends will never have that thrill that you get while OW hunting and catching that lone buc out doing missions or running into a group after overstaying your welcome in enemy waters.  Arena games have their appeal I suppose, but I signed up to play NA because it was an OW sandbox MMO where anything goes and while it seems like the devs have intentionally tried to keep 1 foot in the sandbox world and 1 foot out to appease the whiners,  you do still get those little moments of sandbox goodness and NA really shines.

I see your point and I can understand the "thrill of the hunt" thingy, but in its current for its just a giant endless dead space with exploits and bs at every corner.

To make the OW a living place you would need a big developer with 100s of employees. 

26 minutes ago, Hodo said:

That is why I played WWII Online for so long.  I could go in my tank, a StuG IIIG, and go out hunting.  I could lead my friends in a proper tank platoon, go out find ambush points.   Hit other players behind their lines, push the front away from the towns.   And then work on getting back to our lines without losses.   It was the total package that made it fun. 

Sounds like fun. But also sounds like 1 instance, no defense tag bs, no clicking around in stormy weather to find ships you cant see ...

26 minutes ago, Hodo said:

In OW NA, I can jockey for the weather gauge.   Which can lead me to an advantage over a foe that maybe in a better ship or have numbers on me.   I may also get duped into a trap where I attack an easy prey only to find out he is being shadowed by a much bigger force that comes in to sink me.

Do you mean ganking in a fir fir ship and running away once you found players who know how to shoot back?

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Landsman said:

of sailing hours to find PvP and then get ganked 10 vs 1... yes it is exciting...

With the current playerbase sure.

What I find awesome though ... Sailing and looking for traders, get ganked by 3 other players and win it. Thats things you dont have in a arenagame.

I also spent a day once with palatinose just sailing from gustavia to la habana killing people when there were 1000 players online. Awesome situations occured that day. Killing a pirate in front of mortimertown, once tagged 10 or more pirates joined the battle but we still killed him and got away. Later we killed a indef at la habana in a kinda same situation but we were forced to board a indef within 10 minutes or die.

Thats situations you dont get in a arenagame again. For me the pure combat in NA isnt as exiting, as just playing a single match in rocket league most of the times or a good round pubg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I see your point and I can understand the "thrill of the hunt" thingy, but in its current for its just a giant endless dead space with exploits and bs at every corner.

To make the OW a living place you would need a big developer with 100s of employees. 

Sounds like fun. But also sounds like 1 instance, no defense tag bs, no clicking around in stormy weather to find ships you cant see ...

Do you mean ganking in a fir fir ship and running away once you found players who know how to shoot back?

I dont see a reason why we should argument here why NAL is better than NA or the other way around. Both focus on different targetgroups. I find no joy in NAL for example (I dont find it in NA atm aswell but thats a different thing :D )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

I dont see a reason why we should argument here why NAL is better than NA or the other way around. Both focus on different targetgroups. I find no joy in NAL for example (I dont find it in NA atm aswell but thats a different thing :D )

Well thats the topic, no need to post if you dont care :P

 

btw nachher pubg? franzosen kommen eh nicht

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I see your point and I can understand the "thrill of the hunt" thingy, but in its current for its just a giant endless dead space with exploits and bs at every corner.

To make the OW a living place you would need a big developer with 100s of employees. 

Or just a couple competent ones.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Killing a pirate in front of mortimertown, once tagged 10 or more pirates joined the battle but we still killed him and got away. Later we killed a indef at la habana in a kinda same situation but we were forced to board a indef within 10 minutes or die.

-tag pirate in front of mortimertown,

-poof a dozen 1st rates in front of you

-promptly never go back to mort, or any reinforcement zone for that matter

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

-tag pirate in front of mortimertown,

-poof a dozen 1st rates in front of you

-promptly never go back to mort, or any reinforcement zone for that matter

Im not talking about reinforcements dude. Im talking about april 2017, the huntingseason

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Well thats the topic, no need to post if you dont care :P

 

btw nachher pubg? franzosen kommen eh nicht

toxicity is coming. :D

Ka ob ich dann überhaupt online bin, wenn ich da bin pubg jo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Im not talking about reinforcements dude. Im talking about april 2017, the huntingseason

You're right, the game was better before reinforcement zones :/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

You're right, the game was better before reinforcement zones :/

Wouldnt agree there. Its needed for new players I think but not as big as wenhave them and not without any encouragements to go out of the safezones

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rediii said:

Wouldnt agree there. Its needed for new players I think but not as big as wenhave them and not without any encouragements to go out of the safezones

There is a need for new players to be safe, but any way that cuts into the map this much?..Just look at how much is made safe by reinforcement zones, and this is for EVERYONE. All those ports that are no longer PVP sustainable. It's a damn shame, this is suppose to be a sandbox, yet attacking other nations is discouraged

20171120160116_1.jpg

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, rediii said:

Thats situations you dont get in a arenagame again. For me the pure combat in NA isnt as exiting, as just playing a single match in rocket league most of the times or a good round pubg

I think hunting in NA OW is great (whenever it isn't actively discourages like it is now), but honestly, the ship combat is what this game is good at. Everything else is mediocre at best.

 

On 24/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, rediii said:

we were forced to board a indef within 10 minutes or die.

Sounds a lot like a situation I was in earlier today, together with Jodgi and JobaSet...

You actually do get some very tense and last minute moments in NAL, which is also why it's my current go-to game for arena/battle fun. Instead of having to spend at least two hours sailing around in an empty (or safe zoned) sea with very little chance of finding anything to attack/get attacked by, you can now load up NAL and almost instantly have a fun, engaging battle (at least when there's more than three players in it).

Until OW hunting is made viable again, I don't see any good reason to load up NA OW. Now, at least for a while, NAL will fulfil all my Naval Action cravings, and conversely, hopefully the care bears will have all their Naval Grind needs fulfilled within their cosy safe zones. Perhaps they'll even dare venture outside, since all the hunters left. The developers could just as well make it into a PvE game with arranged port battles; that's what it's turning into now anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o7 Niels and joba!

Dang it was intense. The snowplow quality of the indef saved me, nothing else 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with wonky MM mostly due to low numbers I've already had some fantastic moments in NAL. I haven't had such tense and challenging fun since they pulled out the duel room from OW.

"My dearest, beautiful OW. If you ever stop cheating with the PVE and eco shitlords I'll take you back into my arms."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Niels Terkildsen said:

Until OW hunting is made viable again, I don't see any good reason to load up NA OW. Now, at least for a while, NAL will fulfil all my Naval Action cravings, and conversely, hopefully the care bears will have all their Naval Grind needs fulfilled within their cosy safe zones. Perhaps they'll even dare venture outside, since all the hunters left. The developers could just as well make it into a PvE game with arranged port battles; that's what it's turning into now anyway.

Pretty well put.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.11.2017 at 8:17 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

Devs forget that at the end of sailing OW, trading, grinding and crafting, THIS is what we want to do. THIS is what keeps us returning.

 

Thing is that you guys forget that its YOU who make this impossible on NA OW.

 

Cause your crazed addiction of removing any and all restrictions on RPK and Ganking are the reason that the Battles in OW never look like this.....

And instead are 10 vs 1 crabmatches that 90% of the players dont want.

 

 

 

I am happy tough.

Now I can play PvE Server even if its broken and neglected while getting action somewhere where I dont have to deal with you losers who cant fight unless your outnumbering me 5 to 1 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×