Game-Labs Forum
Landsman

Good night, sweet prince ( OW NA )

Devs forget that at the end of sailing OW, trading, grinding and crafting, THIS is what we want to do. THIS is what keeps us returning.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 3

holy sheit that looks like a full house

now imagine everyone in frigates :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Devs forget that at the end of sailing OW, trading, grinding and crafting, THIS is what we want to do. THIS is what keeps us returning.

Dont speak that generall here. I will probably one day also play NAL. But in the end I want battles that matter, battles are are different every encounter and that have a meaning (even if its only me or the enemy losing ships) and are organized on both sides

So for me its not what I want in the end. But its great that NAL exists ofc

• Like 10

Goddamnit, of course my PC decides to die on me just as things are released (NA Legends, Star Citizen 3.0, DCS AV8B Harrier)...

Fffffffffff......:angry:

Edit - Bet Squad v10 will probably release soon too just to piss me off. Got the PC running okay once so at least there's hope.

Edited by Aegir

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Dont speak that generall here. I will probably one day also play NAL. But in the end I want battles that matter, battles are are different every encounter and that have a meaning (even if its only me or the enemy losing ships).

Same, and I like the thrill of hunting or being hunted. Plus the explorer in me doesn't mind all the sailing. :) Recently I haven't played much NA but I have been very busy, hope to be very active again soon. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Dont speak that generall here. I will probably one day also play NAL. But in the end I want battles that matter, battles are are different every encounter and that have a meaning (even if its only me or the enemy losing ships) and are organized on both sides

I will never play NAL, just not my thing. 

I enjoy the hunt, the uncertainty of what I may catch or what may catch me.   I like being that privateer/pirate/frigate captain who interdicts shipping, or sometimes gets caught in a pitched battle with a rival nations frigates as they try and stop me.   That is fun, that is re-creating the age of sail... not some arcade where I dogfight in even fights all the time.  Wars werent even, and every battle was a challenge, this is what separated the men from the children.

• Like 8

I like to fight for purpose. That my battles matter be it for ports or eco warfare. At the moment everything is meaningless like in NAL so sail for hours or press sail and wait max 5 min? The result is the same.

But the problem with battleresults matter is that 1 player gets happy and otherone gets unhappy. We had it in 10.x

But NAL and NA should be a contradiction in itself. At the moment they are the same. Except you waste more time in NA to achive the same like in NAL. There is nothing that makes NA special compared to NAL.

OW Sandbox? OW like it is now is a fake feature all actions are meaningless there is no sandbox feeling.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Would agree if it wasn't for how everything that matters in NA is seen as 'barriers' and gets stripped away. There's little difference between the two left.

And so...

E9u3wDY.jpg

• Like 1

The only advantage I see in NA OW is that you can fight as underdog and in ship comps you like. But compared to the time you waste in OW to get a good fight I much rather just Q in NAL and get a fight in 15 mins.

Also I dont get this "fights in NA have a meaning " thing outside of PBs. All it does is forcing the losing side to waste some more time doing stuff noone enjoys...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Simple Jon, It means "not every game is for every player".

Air combat furball arena vs big map air combat sim. Same thing :)

Its the same game once you found a battle.

Edit: Except for gankers who enjoy 9vs2 :D

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its the same game once you found a battle.

Not really. And it starts with spawn.

For people that like the age of sail simulation, even a non decisive battle ( no casualties ) is a experience and a emulation of what could've been in history.

Hence the example I gave about AC sim. Ingress to enemy airspace lasting one hour, taxi, line up, take off, group up, follow route, etc, is experience, the furball will happen same as the area, but is the entire "thing" that attracts.

I do play my deal of arenas in WoWs given it is the only game that provides me with carrier command. If a OW pacific ww2 game would give me that I would instantly drop the arena mode.

I am very happy for Legends :) The better the battle becomes the better the NA battle instances can be as well.

31 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Simple Jon, It means "not every game is for every player".

Air combat furball arena vs big map air combat sim. Same thing :)

That is why I played WWII Online for so long.  I could go in my tank, a StuG IIIG, and go out hunting.  I could lead my friends in a proper tank platoon, go out find ambush points.   Hit other players behind their lines, push the front away from the towns.   And then work on getting back to our lines without losses.   It was the total package that made it fun.   

When I flew in Falcon BMS/FreeFalcon, I would sit at 30kft with a F-15C, lurking around looking down at MiG-29s flying around 5kft trying to hide in the ground clutter of the radar.   It is the thrill of the hunt, not the fight that I look for.  

In OW NA, I can jockey for the weather gauge.   Which can lead me to an advantage over a foe that maybe in a better ship or have numbers on me.   I may also get duped into a trap where I attack an easy prey only to find out he is being shadowed by a much bigger force that comes in to sink me.

The hours of boredom is overcome by the minutes of frantic furious violence of action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

explorer

What's there to explore tho?

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

OW Sandbox? OW like it is now is a fake feature all actions are meaningless there is no sandbox feeling.

Pretty much this. Sorry but if anyone thinks all nations playing PvE and Swedes mopping them up in RvR or sailing for hours to get a shitty fight is exciting or meaningful gameplay i really can't help them... waste your time, be my guest - i'll be at Legends having fun meanwhile...

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Not really. And it starts with spawn.

For people that like the age of sail simulation, even a non decisive battle ( no casualties ) is a experience and a emulation of what could've been in history.

Hence the example I gave about AC sim. Ingress to enemy airspace lasting one hour, taxi, line up, take off, group up, follow route, etc, is experience, the furball will happen same as the area, but is the entire "thing" that attracts.

I do play my deal of arenas in WoWs given it is the only game that provides me with carrier command. If a OW pacific ww2 game would give me that I would instantly drop the arena mode.

I am very happy for Legends :) The better the battle becomes the better the NA battle instances can be as well.

I'm a huge fan of all things sim. I know the enjoyment that comes from the actions before and after a battle. Heck my favorite thing in IL2 is landing safely after heavy damage from fighting. It's very exciting to pull through a tough mission.

But see OW doesn't scratch that same itch for me. OW is like flying to the furball but never actually getting to the furball. You're just chasing battles that "might" be there, most of the time its just a sputtering little trader or a measly noob in a cerb. OW is 90% of NA but gets the least amount of content. 

I like NAL, but I like NA more, but NA OW is god awfully barren and lifeless and reinforcement zones for every....single...capital port was the nail in the back to PVP and RPers who enjoyed the freedom we got from being able to assemble a fleet and blockade strategically important ports. Like we didn't already have forts and towers protecting these areas.

To me there's nothing sim about that, it's gamey, anti-PVP, anti-RPG, and overall not fun.

Legends will never have that thrill that you get while OW hunting and catching that lone buc out doing missions or running into a group after overstaying your welcome in enemy waters.  Arena games have their appeal I suppose, but I signed up to play NA because it was an OW sandbox MMO where anything goes and while it seems like the devs have intentionally tried to keep 1 foot in the sandbox world and 1 foot out to appease the whiners,  you do still get those little moments of sandbox goodness and NA really shines.  I wish I could say that I'm glad NA L exists, but I'm really not.  It's disappointing that game labs basically releases one title that will directly kill off/compete with another one....in particular one that is always struggling for players.

Brace yourselves, micro-transactions are coming.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Legends will never have that thrill

of sailing hours to find PvP and then get ganked 10 vs 1... yes it is exciting...

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

The only advantage I see in NA OW is that you can fight as underdog and in ship comps you like. But compared to the time you waste in OW to get a good fight I much rather just Q in NAL and get a fight in 15 mins.

Also I dont get this "fights in NA have a meaning " thing outside of PBs. All it does is forcing the losing side to waste some more time doing stuff noone enjoys...

If I play arenagames I rather play rl, hots or even pubg if you wanna call it like that.

Even though NA doesnt give me that right now I play it for moments like killing the russian fleet at les gonaives or the attack on the port au prince region in march where 70+ swedes sailed several hours to capture a region. So these realy big events

Logistic and working together with crafters to reach a bigger goal than just 1 battle was what I was looking for when I gave naval action a try.

But yea, NA doesnt have that atm.

Also I think its funny that somehow everyone thinks swedes are immortal. You are just bad guys, you forgot how to play this game after the wipe. Before the wipe noone would just give away the windposition or get killed as easily as some guys get killed today.

• Like 2