Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jodgi

[BUG?] Renomee 18pdr carronades aiming

I've ground up to a semi stock renom so I've seen all the small guns and nades. I do admit I have big problems with the waves eating my shots even after (what I think is) careful aiming. It could be my rust, it could be leeward vs. windward shooting and issues with two deck aiming.

When I put on 18pdr nades on renom I saw something I never saw in the other ships.

b8ca3ed6d145f9b3f7572a7cf1bd80f1.png

Notice that I've deselected those two little longs. I've done this many times. They fly up when the aimpoint is at the middle of the hull. I've tried to aim at or just above the waterline but then the waves tend to eat my shots.

Anyone else seen the same, or do I just need to lern2pley?

As soon you have mixed loadout it always screw up the aim even when you disable one gun type. But that looks really screwed up

• Like 1

I was always told that the red line on carros was where they were to LAND...  and that you had to calculate for the arc depending on range.  But that does look a bit.....  excessive.  Can you believe i hate carros and rarely use them??!!

15 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I was always told that the red line on carros was where they were to LAND...  and that you had to calculate for the arc depending on range.  But that does look a bit.....  excessive.  Can you believe i hate carros and rarely use them??!!

red line is just a line it only helps you to judge how much lower or higher to move cannons after broadside or tracking shots

• Like 1

I appear to have had the same issue with 18lb carronades on a Renommee, I just couldnt hit anything, I was either firing too high or into the water. I very quickly went back to mediums.

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

I appear to have had the same issue with 18lb carronades on a Renommee, I just couldnt hit anything, I was either firing too high or into the water. I very quickly went back to mediums.

The 18s work just fine on the frigate but that is not mixed loadout.

Suggestion: Maybe we could have the choice to leave the weather deck(?) gun slots empty to avoid mixed loadout on renom?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

The 18s work just fine on the frigate but that is not mixed loadout.

Suggestion: Maybe we could have the choice to leave the weather deck(?) gun slots empty to avoid mixed loadout on renom?

+1

I would do the same on Wapen, leave the weather deck without guns, it messes up aiming. Some of the ships players decide to keep weather decks empty, to have more crew on gunnery for lower decks, for better aiming, less weight, etc.

• Like 1