Game-Labs Forum
admin

Naval Action Legends Beta is now open!

Great News Everyone!

Naval Action Legends beta is now open to all Naval Action owners.
If you own Naval Action you should be seeing NA-L in your Steam Library already.
Servers are now live.

Development plans
Main patch 1: Events and group challenge
Main patch 2: Integration of tutorial
Main patch 3: Premium content options integration
Hotfixes will be provided on the weekly basis. 

Good luck at seas Captains.

Just now, Powderhorn said:

Looks like it was not.

Oh ok. I feel like it should have been wiped though

Just now, George Washington said:

What? wow

Its a beta still. Due to limited number of captains who played there is no need to reset progress.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Shouldnt it be announcent in an open forum?

There is sub forums for NAL so maybe there? ...this is right place i guess:ph34r: beta is beta...

was very excited to get back into this, but the two problems I've been F11'ing since the start are still problems.  I want to queue in NA-L and be guaranteed a battle against humans and (much more minor but this is a stupidly easy thing to fix) the game's UI does not scale properly on my monitor's native resolution and half of the UI is off screen.  Queuing for two minutes to be thrown into a battle against AI only to leave it early and get punished with maintenance fees is not fun.  Please, please, please implement a toggle so i can get re-queued indefinitely until there are other players i am matched against.

33 minutes ago, CatSwift said:

was very excited to get back into this, but the two problems I've been F11'ing since the start are still problems.  I want to queue in NA-L and be guaranteed a battle against humans and (much more minor but this is a stupidly easy thing to fix) the game's UI does not scale properly on my monitor's native resolution and half of the UI is off screen.  Queuing for two minutes to be thrown into a battle against AI only to leave it early and get punished with maintenance fees is not fun.  Please, please, please implement a toggle so i can get re-queued indefinitely until there are other players i am matched against.

I know most prefer to battle against other human players and for those willing to wait till the queue fills up with other humans such a system would be fine, but how would it work in practice for people that do not have much time and dont want to wait longer than 2 minutes to get some action and do not mind if there are some AI's in the battle? Do we have separate queues for each type of player?

19 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I know most prefer to battle against other human players and for those willing to wait till the queue fills up with other humans such a system would be fine, but how would it work in practice for people that do not have much time and dont want to wait longer than 2 minutes to get some action and do not mind if there are some AI's in the battle? Do we have separate queues for each type of player?

If you dont have time to wait 5 or even 10 mins to get a nice match (which can last 90 minutes) then you probably dont have time to play at all.

League of Legends is one of the most played games ever and you still have sometimes queue times above 5 minutes. It is because they set their focus on high quality, balanced and fun matches for everyone.

Personally I would rather wait half an hour to get a good match and do something else in the meantime than playing a shitty game with 5 bots.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

If you dont have time to wait 5 or even 10 mins to get a nice match (which can last 90 minutes) then you probably dont have time to play at all.

League of Legends is one of the most played games ever and you still have sometimes queue times above 5 minutes. It is because they set their focus on high quality, balanced and fun matches for everyone.

Personally I would rather wait half an hour to get a good match and do something else in the meantime than playing a shitty game with 5 bots.

I agree, but playing the devils advocate, there are some people out there who are too impatient to wait and they would not like being stuck in a queue when you are 7/10 waiting for 3 more people to turn up.

To cater for the people who only want to play against other players they would be better having special lobby where someone who wants only other players could set up a match and wait for others to join rather that the automatic queue.

even the best matchmaking can only work well if there is a good pool of players. i guess in the beta we will have to make do with whatever there is ...

i just did my first 2 matches.
in the first we were all cutters against mostly brigs.  :blink:
the second i was alone with bots.

quite fun anyway!

5-10 mins is too long. up to 5 should be max and only in rare cases. Half an hour? are you crazy? lol... are we back in 1991 or something?

Edited by George Washington

1 minute ago, Archaos said:

I agree, but playing the devils advocate, there are some people out there who are too impatient to wait and they would not like being stuck in a queue when you are 7/10 waiting for 3 more people to turn up.

This shouldnt be a problem in a free2play game unless its garbage and then it doesnt matter anyways

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

To cater for the people who only want to play against other players they would be better having special lobby where someone who wants only other players could set up a match and wait for others to join rather that the automatic queue.

They can maybe make PvE lobbies for people who like that. Just them + their friends with and vs AI.

51 minutes ago, znôrt said:

in the first we were all cutters against mostly brigs.  :blink:

Do you have a screenshot or did you send a report?

Just now, slik said:

Do you have a screenshot or did you send a report?

oops. no, sorry, didn't think about that. was my first match and didn't know much what to expect. will do next time!

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

Shouldnt it be announcent in an open forum?

Yeah, @admin if game is available to every NA owner; why not make a public thread? We got 40 players in game at the moment, spread on 10 battles... Seems like even in a lobby based PvP game people prefer PvE.. lol

16 minutes ago, Liq said:

Yeah, @admin if game is available to every NA owner; why not make a public thread? We got 40 players in game at the moment, spread on 10 battles... Seems like even in a lobby based PvP game people prefer PvE.. lol

What did you expect?