Game-Labs Forum
admin

Naval Action Legends Beta is now open!

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Objectives are needed to avoid eternal kiting and trolling without constraining players into a circle of death.

I agree but pls make the points of the circles grow up  smaller or slower because is so annoying

11 hours ago, Pitxagorri said:

its so hello kittying annoying, no battle, no fun, nothing, i have wasted like 3-4 battles because of this.

after shooting at each other the match ends because one of the humans takes the circle and make the 1000 in 10 mins

20 minutes ago, admin said:

Objectives are needed to avoid eternal kiting and trolling without constraining players into a circle of death.

Ofc but ST was fun because the main objectives was to sink players. Here the main objectives is to cap as much circels as possible, which isnt fun.

22 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

3 circles is too much. 2 would be acceptable, 1 is best.

3 circles are great for 25v25
at a later stage we will adapt a balancer to only show 3 circles map when there are significant number of players in battle

Sorry if the questions was asked previously somewhere but is the ships physics in NAL being patched the same way as in NA currently?

18 hours ago, Liq said:

Apparently the matchmaker doesn't want to put any rate-differences in the same match... 6th rates wont fight 7th rates or any other rates for example.

@admin Why not try to balance the queueing ships on both sides? So we can have mixed battles.. ?

I had a battle last night in  Merc with 5 cutters and the other side had Navy brig and 5 cutters.

Lots of players in cutters = many new players! A good thing for NAL

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

One thing I noticed about NAL is that people start to play for objectives and lost intrest for the brawl. So you keep chasing them most of the time or you spent time recaptureing circles. I see no difference to NA. I want to play NAL for the fight. If i want chasing combat i can play NA where it is by far more realistic.

17 hours ago, PG Monkey said:

I had a battle..enemy cutters sailed into the zone and won without firing a shot :)

This happened to me - the two players in cutters sink one other player and then capped - we chased them and they ran and shot our sails waiting for the points to run up. In chat it was all about winning the match rather than sinking ships per se. We said you get more xp for kills but it was all about the win not brawling. Much like WoT or WoWs. I suspect we'll see much more of this and I can't really fault them for using those tactics to win the match. Think about winning in those other games - you have win stats and get much more xp for winning so there it is. 

In larger ships this tactic would be much harder. Also in another match we countered by splitting and going for objectives when we saw the other team was splitting up to cap - usually one or two cutters races off to an objective, etc. 

One solution is to have a good variety of maps with different objectives - one single objective you have to brawl. IMO I like a variety of maps and objectives. 

im done with this game and i have played just 2 games today...

1.- 4 people/1AI in the other team vs me and 4AI. 3 people goes for the circle and the other distract the AI What can i do vs 3 navybrigs fighting in a circle alone?: around 5 mins of game without giving more than 10 hulls

2.-2people/3AI vs me/4AI one of the guys (cutter) goes for the circle and i follow him while the other(navybrig) pulls me out of the circle, i managed to kill the navybrig and 1AI cutter before the game ends (by points obviously) 10-15 mins

this is not even funny from my point of view...

Its just me? is unbalanced? Does salt flow through my veins?

16 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

1.- 4 people/1AI in the other team vs me and 4AI. 3 people goes for the circle and the other distract the AI What can i do vs 3 navybrigs fighting in a circle alone?: around 5 mins of game without giving more than 10 hulls

2.-2people/3AI vs me/4AI one of the guys (cutter) goes for the circle and i follow him while the other(navybrig) pulls me out of the circle, i managed to kill the navybrig and 1AI cutter before the game ends (by points obviously) 10-15 mins

Just need to wait for more people to start playing..I think/hope ai will soon be gone

1 hour ago, Pitxagorri said:

Have patience. Right now alot of it is timing. US prime time last night 40 players on and battles had few or no AI. The balancer has been improved greatly since the beginning as well. 

Just now, DeRuyter said:

Have patience. Right now alot of it is timing. US prime time last night 40 players on and battles had few or no AI. The balancer has been improved greatly since the beginning as well. 

idc if i have to fight vs AI but the points men the hello kittying points are destroying my battles

8 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

I was on last night US prime as well.  40 players online and 12 battles active is what I saw.  Let’s be generous and say 35 of those online were actually in battles.  That means about 70% of the participants in those battles were AI.

There is no comprehensive tutorial as far as I can see for Naval Action Legends.

What does the red book on the top right hand side mean?

What does the white book on the bottom left hand side mean?

In Equipment there is a box for guns, fine, and there is another box for XP. How do you use these? I had 217, then after a battle they dropped to 178. Why?

Any help appreciated. Thank-you.

14 hours ago, Lannes said:

There is no comprehensive tutorial as far as I can see for Naval Action Legends.

What does the red book on the top right hand side mean?

What does the white book on the bottom left hand side mean?

In Equipment there is a box for guns, fine, and there is another box for XP. How do you use these? I had 217, then after a battle they dropped to 178. Why?

Any help appreciated. Thank-you.

1e074cae3a79e249ff4051ef303d8780.png

The grey books are XP earned on and tied to current ship. That count towards unlocking module/upgrade slots, guns and progress towards next ship.

6509f9a168bfc6918c4726549a256bb7.png

Here you can see I'm 7347 xp towards 14740 xp for the next ship.

34c9ad39583896354f547ae63c3bda0a.png

The reds books are xp not tied to any specific ship, I can use those on any ship I choose. 

bbaf75bdf254a30d16918ff7b26798b1.png

I have 400 more books/xp to grind before I unlock first upgrade slot on Brig. When I do my gun selection opens up and I can choose bigger guns.

What's the usual waiting time for a game?

Does the size of the queue have anything to do with it?

What would be a figure that determines that the game will initiate?

1 hour ago, Lannes said:

What's the usual waiting time for a game?

Does the size of the queue have anything to do with it?

Right now:

• waiting time is 5 minutes that starts counting after first player joined the queue
  • no
  • not sure I understand the question

29 minutes ago, slik said:

Right now:

• waiting time is 5 minutes that starts counting after first player joined the queue
  • no
  • not sure I understand the question

I think he asking how many players in the lobby it takes to start the instance?

14 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I think he asking how many players in the lobby it takes to start the instance?

at least one

2 hours ago, slik said:

at least one

If there are 70 players in the queue, does the battle start before 5 min ended?

I think this was the original question of 

4 hours ago, Lannes said:

On 11/23/2017 at 10:34 PM, admin said:

3 circles are great for 25v25
at a later stage we will adapt a balancer to only show 3 circles map when there are significant number of players in battle

You need a mechanic such as a circle to stop a 'runner'.

So having circles or some such is fine, you need to not let the baddies take them but that is SO easy coz the current mechanic means capping stops as soon as you enter the circle.

3 circles is even better as the tic rate is very slow.

Now, take them away, and after a brilliant and exciting 8v8...some numbnut will just sail away in a boat that can't be caught or can...but over 30 minutes and FORCE the tie. This locks everyone out of fun for another 30 minutes. However, when said numbnut...outmanned 4 to 1 does run away, you just cap the/all the circles sit in them and you win (as you should).

So you need an 'anti' runner mechanic and the circles are great.

Now if you are in an 8v8 and 1 person goes to the only circle...its SO easy to stop/counter I shall not waste time even discussing it.

19 hours ago, slik said:

at least one

My question was, how many players in the queue would trigger a battle.

From this answer, I get that the number of players doesn't trigger a battle.

From a previous answer, I get that 5 minutes triggers a battle--even if there is only one player.

Correct?

29 minutes ago, Lannes said:

My question was, how many players in the queue would trigger a battle.

From this answer, I get that the number of players doesn't trigger a battle.

From a previous answer, I get that 5 minutes triggers a battle--even if there is only one player.

Correct?

Yes, that's correct for now