Game-Labs Forum
admin

Naval Action Legends Beta is now open!

Just now, Archaos said:

I know most prefer to battle against other human players and for those willing to wait till the queue fills up with other humans such a system would be fine, but how would it work in practice for people that do not have much time and dont want to wait longer than 2 minutes to get some action and do not mind if there are some AI's in the battle? Do we have separate queues for each type of player?

If someone wants to just play against bots, then there is no point in having a "balancer queue", they should be able to just be dropped into a battle (alone or with their group of friends).  No need to wait to begin with.

As I mentioned, a simple "match me with people" toggle could be checked by those who "want to play at least with one other human".  When the 2 minutes wait is up, if no other people are in the queue and you have the toggle set, you simply get re-queued instead of thrown into a battle.

1 hour ago, CatSwift said:

If someone wants to just play against bots, then there is no point in having a "balancer queue", they should be able to just be dropped into a battle (alone or with their group of friends).  No need to wait to begin with.

As I mentioned, a simple "match me with people" toggle could be checked by those who "want to play at least with one other human".  When the 2 minutes wait is up, if no other people are in the queue and you have the toggle set, you simply get re-queued instead of thrown into a battle.

The devs have already said that bots are going to be removed eventually when there are enough players online, so a fix like this is not necessary. If bots were a permanent fixture they could set up a Co-op battle button like WoWs.

1 hour ago, CatSwift said:

I did not mean people that just wanted to play against bots, I meant people who for convenience do not mind it bots make up the balance so that they can get into a match quickly.

19 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

The devs have already said that bots are going to be removed eventually when there are enough players online, so a fix like this is not necessary. If bots were a permanent fixture they could set up a Co-op battle button like WoWs.

If there is always going to be enough players then this would be fine, but not everyone plays at prime time and there may still be quiet periods when someone wants to play and there is not enough people online for a match, I just think that those players may appreciate bots making up the numbers rather than waiting too long.

But hopefully it is popular enough that there are always enough online so bots are not needed. 

2 hours ago, CatSwift said:

This.

Apparently the matchmaker doesn't want to put any rate-differences in the same match... 6th rates wont fight 7th rates or any other rates for example.

@admin Why not try to balance the queueing ships on both sides? So we can have mixed battles.. ?

It does happen. I guess you were just unlucky. I Just had a match with 1 Navy Brig and 5 Cutters a side.

EDIT: Then again, the Navy Brig is unrated (though class 6 rather than 7), so perhaps you're right that real 6th rates won't be paired with unrated ships.

Edited by Niels Terkildsen

i had a battle today with 3 N brigs (in a group) + 1 cutter vs 2 N brigs + 4 cutter.

We lost since one cutter sailed of and cap 3 circle at the start. After we sunk 5 ships the wind just turned against me when i tried to get to the last cutter and last circle befor they reached 1000 points.

had a battle on the map with 1 fort... enemy side captured it; fort opened fire on me (probably 42 pounders).. 2 volleys and I was gone lol.

1 hour ago, Niels Terkildsen said:

It does happen. I guess you were just unlucky. I Just had a match with 1 Navy Brig and 5 Cutters a side.

EDIT: Then again, the Navy Brig is unrated (though class 6 rather than 7), so perhaps you're right that real 6th rates won't be paired with unrated ships.

I have played about 10-12 games today and every time there were way more people in the queue than I got matched with in a battle.. sometimes 12 players in queue, and I get matched against 1 other player and rest ai...

Cant we just allow matchmaking across all rates for now? Or maybe max 3 rates difference... It worked like that in Sea Trials right?

1 hour ago, PG Monkey said:

I had a battle..enemy cutters sailed into the zone and won without firing a shot :)

its so hello kittying annoying, no battle, no fun, nothing, i have wasted like 3-4 battles because of this.

after shooting at each other the match ends because one of the humans takes the circle and make the 1000 in 10 mins

yes, the balance is at the moment a huge issue.

Had a battle IMO against other players, but my side had more ships and firepower 2 v 1 brig.

How about speed up a bit lvling process?

I like this arena style alot

17 hours ago, admin said:

Great News Everyone!

If everything will be wiped anyways, can we get xp and gold x2 or x3, please? Would make testing alot more enjoyable, especially since there are a few who already have frigates or even SOLs from previous testing and can't find a match now...

12 hours ago, George Washington said:

What did you expect?

A proper mechanic so people don't get matched with bots when they queue for only 1 min... but even if it is only 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 with some bots on top, it's still better than the vanilla carebear shit show, where everyone is only hiding, running and ganking 1 vs 10 but only when they aren't grinding PvE for ships that they will use in PvE again 90% of the time, because they are little sissies that can't take losing a pixel ship...

i dont think they need to speed up thing. they already have if i understood right. but i do have a question is there anyway to exit battle and still get xp and silver? or do i have to w8 everytime til a side wins ? if the ai is the only one still left , it takes pretty long sometimes

and btw

awesome work , really like it and enjoying playing

Edited by BoomBox

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

grinding PvE for ships that they will use in PvE agai

That made me lol

Sad part is... its accurate and true

11 hours ago, Liq said:

I have played about 10-12 games today and every time there were way more people in the queue than I got matched with in a battle.. sometimes 12 players in queue, and I get matched against 1 other player and rest ai...

Cant we just allow matchmaking across all rates for now? Or maybe max 3 rates difference... It worked like that in Sea Trials right?

Please report such things

Same here, shows more players in queue and really in battle, can you mark NPC and players? It's sometimes hard to tell if that's AI or real player... 

Also sail repair seems to be broken, it repairs very slowly and lasts ages, is it intended? My sail repair lasted like 5 minutes with high crew.

Last notice, I do believe the teams spawn too far away from each other. The initial queue waiting, then sailing for 2-4 minutes without shooting, we need more instant action and we get about 6 mins of doing nothing.

One thing I noticed about NAL is that people start to play for objectives and lost intrest for the brawl. So you keep chasing them most of the time or you spent time recaptureing circles. I see no difference to NA. I want to play NAL for the fight. If i want chasing combat i can play NA where it is by far more realistic.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

One thing I noticed about NAL is that people start to play for objectives and lost intrest for the brawl. So you keep chasing them most of the time or you spent time recaptureing circles. I see no difference to NA. I want to play NAL for the fight. If i want chasing combat i can play NA where it is by far more realistic.

Objectives are needed to avoid eternal kiting and trolling without constraining players into a circle of death.