Game-Labs Forum

Game mechanics or something else?

MassimoSud

Dear developers,
I am a new player (4,000 hours) and from time to time I suspect (and in some cases i m sure) that in this game you can use programs that can deceive the game about the characteristics of the ships and their performance. On many occasions I saw demasted ships turning into the wind with 60% of sails and even without the main mast better than a full sails ship! Question: It is a desired game mechanics or it is a steam engine ship (not yet introduced in the game). Three times in this week i was faced with "players" that I call "heroes" and "great sailors", who have fast ships, with an incredible thickness, impossible to demast and with an incredibile broadside. In two cases with other players, we were able to sunk them, and they were normal teak / WO ships with normal upgrades and shipknowledge. I m sorry i cannot do names because i cannot record videos (poor performance pc) and i reported several times with F11. But i can say that these "heros" are always the same players from two clans in particular.
I'm sure there are aimbots for this game (and do not tell me that it's impossible because targeting is handled by the client), but I can even accept it because I realize that you can not solve the problem (it will be an hard work to do and now I know you re focusing on the release of the game). Instead, I can not accept that "players" can deceive the server by modifying the basic parameters of their ships (clearly in their favor and making them almost indestructible, fast and with incredible firepower). I hope you want to consider these comments for the sake of the game because otherwise your/our game is destined to be a battlefield where only the best cheaters and exploiters will face with the same weapons.
I have a positive opinion on steam reviews, because I think that your/our game is the best game of warships from the nineteenth century, and I will not change my mind, but I hope I can continue to play "clean" because otherwise I will be the first to uninstall (i did the same 2 years ago with WoT when i discover that it was impossible to play without cheats).
One last thought for all the "pros" of this game who will hurry to comment on this post arguing that I am a noob and that the players I met were better than me: I met players better than me and I was sunk several times, no problem with this, i had fun in the battle (in my mind there is my dearest "enemy" @Palatinose which is a really good player), and I recognize when another player has more skills than me in the game, but I also recognize when a ship behaves abnormally and in some cases even impossible!
Good game to all the "clean" players of NA!

@admin @Ink @Grundgemunkey @Batman @Red Jack Walker  @bb3ar 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Instead, I can not accept that "players" can deceive the server by modifying the basic parameters of their ships (clearly in their favor and making them almost indestructible, fast and with incredible firepower). I hope you want to consider these comments for the sake of the game because otherwise your/our game is destined to be a battlefield where only the best cheaters and exploiters will face with the same weapons.

You can't do that. Thats how servers work. They tell you what happen and you can't modify anything. Even water is calculated on the server (we were the first innovator in this area)

But just in case to be sure - if as you said those are 2 same players  - maybe you can record it on video the next time it happens. Because all those conspiracy theories break down after video reviews.

And btw. almost indestructible masts are possible using upgrades. Just fit all permanents and all skill books you can find on mast thickness and mast hp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, admin said:

You can't do that. Thats how servers work. They tell you what happen and you can't modify anything. Even water is calculated on the server (we were the first innovator in this area)

But just in case to be sure - if as you said those are 2 same players  - maybe you can record it on video the next time it happens. Because all those conspiracy theories break down after video reviews.

And btw. almost indestructible masts are possible using upgrades.  

the problem with that battle .. was every action ... speed . armour .. mast thickness . turning . reload time , hull and sail repair  time .. and % of repair ... seemed to be maxed out ... there isnt enough slots on any ship to max out everything  surely?

there was no weakness on that ship ..

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the problem with that battle .. was every action ... speed . armour .. mast thickness . turning . reload time , hull and sail repair  time .. and % of repair ... seemed to be maxed out ... there isnt enough slots on any ship to max out everything  surely?

there was no weakness on that ship ..

which ship? describe the battle please

...is this actually being taken seriously without video evidence?

This isn't Counter-Strike where matches are over in a few minutes. There's plenty of time to fire up some recording software.

There's nothing more lame than a person that repeatedly screams "HAX" without actually providing anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

...is this actually being taken seriously without video evidence?

This isn't Counter-Strike where matches are over in a few minutes. There's plenty of time to fire up some recording software.

There's nothing more lame than a person that repeatedly screams "HAX" without actually providing anything.

not screaming amything ..... it maybe that he has found the perfect module and book combination ... if thats the case the devs need to look at these combinations because that ship did all i said above ...

7 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

this one .... three of us may not be as  skilled  as ram individually .... but we are all experienced enough in the game to see when something strange is happening

We will research the issue of course just too prove the awesome powers of authoritative server again.

But here is a side note
Ram dinark was one one of most active pvp players in POTBS and is one of the vets in NA. 
+ nice advertising for an Agamemnon. People were saying that Wasa is OP, and solo sailing is impossible.

I wish this battle was on video so i can learn a tip or two from this battle.

Topic locked until further notice

• Like 12