Game-Labs Forum

Graphics stuttering

znôrt

I'm having this problem with stuttering and fps dropping from 80-100 to 22. It happens also in OW but is very noticeable in instances. The problem worsens with playing time, so suggests some sort of memory problem.

Started to happen a few weeks ago, coincidentally with upgrading nvidia driver to 388.13.
I rolled back to previous (388.00) and the problem *seemed* to go away, but reappeared after a few days.
Yesterday i upgraded to new version 388.31 and the problem persists.

I only have this problem with NA, I run other games  (Overwatch, The Witcher III, Destiny 2, ...) fine on ultra.

I run NA on "ultra" settings on a i7 6700K 4Ghz gtx1080ti, 3440x1440 true color gsync. (The game is fkin gorgeous when it works!).
Lowering settings to "high" doesn't make a difference.

Just posting this to see if someone else has this problem. Happy to upload more info or file a bug if this helps ...

Edited by znôrt
typo

Im getting some stutter as well. With over 2000 hours played, this is the first time. I have a few friends who experienced the stutter as well. It is especially noticeable when ships are entering an instance/battle or mission - at least for me. I have made no changes to my system and it is running clean/problem free. I suspect the issue is on NA's end/server side. If it is, the Devs usually handle these types of things quickly, so hang in there.

The stuttering was driving me nuts. Then I realized it appeared because I had my internet browser running in the background usually with a video on Youtube. When only Naval Action was running the stuttering disappeared. I'm not sure if this will help you because I never had any fps drops like you but I thought I throw my 2 cents in.

Edited by Pada

Had a couple of issue that really screwed with my performances. I run GTX 980ti 16GB ram etc…

First was with “GeForce Experience”. [Settings] then turned off GAMESTREAM. In [General] I turned off IN-GAME OVERLAY.

Windows10 – [Settings] then [Gaming] then [GAME DVR] turn off Record in background while playing the game.

I don’t tend to record my gaming, but found a few background problems switched ON to do this that seemed to hurt performance even with a strong or high-end rig.

Hope this helps

Norfolk

11 hours ago, Jœrnson said:

Not running too many NA clients (Alts) at the same time should also solve the stuttering. I think it's an internet transfer rate related issue.

For some reference, my son and I play the game together in the same household off the same router/service and I don't notice any ill effects when we do, even when server connection is through a common range extender.  We both have Geforce experience running with overlay.

Edited by Jean Ribault

good and bad news. new findings so far:

- it's not other apps running (i always obsessively close everything else when gaming, guess a habit from the past)
- it's not geforce experience (broadcast is always off, overlay on though)
- it's not alts (i don't have any :D)
- it's not heat (thoroughly cleaned dissipators this morning (maintenance after summer was due anyway), no noticeable change. in instance gpu doesn't go over 70ºC (ultra) and cpu doesn't go over 60ºC). i still had the problem this morning after that.

but this evening the issue has gotten considerably better. it still happens but is not nearly as frequent. perfectly playable. but i'm not wiser:

- it could be network (i share fiber 300mbs symmetric with my son, good overall but does sometimes behave funny. i've been watching it but haven't seen a pattern yet, i've had the problem when being alone)
- this evening geforce experience updated itself without warning, go figure
- i found a way to reproduce it: just open any overlay menu (ship menu, esc, tag something). stuttering ensues and framerate drops to magic 22fps and stays that way for a few seconds. although this evening i only could reproduce it say 20% of the time.

so, dunno what more to say. if it stays as it is now i can live with it. i'll keep an eye, thanks for the input!

“this evening geforce experience updated itself without warning, go figure…”

This could be the clue here. Do you mean the GeForce UI was updated or your driver was updated?

You have the latest driver installed 388.31. Is it a Laptop you are using? I doubt it but if so check you don’t have power settings on BALANCE, change to HIGH PERFORMANCE. Could be as simple as that.

Rt Click [Windows Symbol] click [Power Options] right hand side [Additional Power Settings]

Windows 10 Updates

If your PC automatically downloads and installs Windows updates you may be seeing the intermittent effects from this. Check in [Settings] then [Update & Security]. View update history.

These downloads will crush any game with this going on in the background. And if its automatic you won’t have stopped any download from happening…

Hope this might help

Norfolk

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just rebuilt another RTX upgrade with a 2060 super and I"m getting insane stutter just like I did on the 2080 box.  Really what's up with your game?   We shouldn't be deleting and down grading to play your game.  It needs to be properly optimized.   Game runs great on my laptop with a 980.   

I done all the above on this computer and it's still skipping. I can load up other games and get great flow of video while runing on ultra settings.  Do the same on this game and it stutters like crazy even though I'm having 60-150 FPS (the FPS are all over the place unless I put the 60 limiter).

Still getting the stutter, thought it was overwolf overlay from team speak doing it, but it came back.  

CPU 9700F

32G Ram

Win 10 on SSD 

Game loaded on SSD (not same as OS)

RTX 2060 SUPER drivers 436.48

I had this same issue on the other system I built early this year which was a 8700K with a RTX 2080.

If I go to my laptop with alienware graphic amplifer running a 980 the game runs fine.  I currently have game set on High settings and it's stil stuttering and the FPS is all over the place from 1-180.  This is the only game it does it in, I play other games and I have ultra settings nad getting strong 60+ FPS depending the game.  

@Inkany help would be much welcomed, as I should not be having problems runnning this game on a high end computer like i have been.