Game-Labs Forum

[Suggestion] Economy & Conquest

Sugeestion as follows:

Where X is the Hostility points needed for a Port Battle, versus Y being the amount of Tax generated by a town.

The more "economy" the higher the bar of hostility has to be raised [ each mission giving less, pvp giving equal ]

Meaning that ports that generate nothing would be 50% easier to enable the PB, the normal being 100k tax = what we have now, and above that escalates as per relation between X and Y as devs see fit.

( graph is illustrative only )

10011.jpeg

• Like 7

This is nice. One of the problems I have with PBs and RVR in general is that it feels so minor, and the battles that it provides are few and far between. If this solution draws out hostilities to be actually defend-able and perhaps worth fighting over for a valuable port. 

The whole system could be removed and I don't think any person who isn't in the usual >5 person fleet to raise them would notice, the way of raising hostilities is so bad.

Agreed I still feel that the capital of a region should also receive tax from the smaller sub ports...

I like the idea Duke. I just wish port battles had stages.... 

Generate hostility 

Destroy forts/ blockade (effecting the Br for the upcoming pb)

Port battle/raid

Destroy towers/Cap circles or destroy dock to get resources etc.

Pbs should be in stages..

I like how you pick up the idea and ramp it up.

My initial focus was to determine how "important" a town really is in regards, not only to the naval power, but also to the economical viability.

The weaker the economy ( measured by tax ), the easier it is to provoke attacks ( hostility gain per action ).

A big booming town like Cartagena, as expected, and credible even from a historical point of view, would be a hard nut to crack and each action would provide less gain per action.

( pvp related hostility gains should always be the same )

• Like 1