Game-Labs Forum

Curbing PVP gank fleets

Currently, we from the Dutch nation see far too much of this phenomenon.

4-5 enemy players, tagging, boarding or sinking one of our players.

That's the equivalent of picking a random single person on the street, and beating that person into a pulp with a group of 4 or 5, and then stealing that person's possessions.

That's not PVP, it's a mugging/ robbery.

I do not find this kind of behavior in the spirit of having a fun time in a game.

This is just people who want to get rewards, without having the risk of losing something themselves.

I'd suggest a restriction on (PVP, regular or both) rewards when the attackers total BR is like X-times larger than the ship they are attacking.

Might curb the appeal a bit to seal-club single players in group.

For example....4 Wasa's going after 1 LGV, this is a combined BR of 1000 VS 110.
That's pretty much a 10 fold advantage on the side of the attackers

There's no risk, there's no real work to be put in, no fun to be had.

But of course this will be shot down by the hardcore PVP'ers immediately.

In my opinion, PVP'ers are being coddled way too much with their ships buy-able with marks, and special refits and upgrades.
Crafting a ship is not part of either the PVE or PVP side of the game, it's part of the RPG part of  this game.

Therefore this part should remain the same, whichever activity you prefer to undertake, being PVE or PVP

If having to participate in that is too much to ask of these players, they're in the wrong place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yngvarr said:

In my opinion, PVP'ers are being coddled way too much with their ships buy-able with marks, and special refits and upgrades.

Haha, last time i checked there were way more PvE exclusive upgrades and refits and now you whine about a few PvP exclusive? Really? ...

3 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

I'd suggest a restriction on (PVP, regular or both) rewards when the attackers total BR is like X-times larger than the ship they are attacking.

Yeah, rewards should depend on BRs...

4 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

If having to participate in that is too much to ask of these players, they're in the wrong place.

Just like PvE only players are in the wrong place on the PvP server... but they still won't hello kitty off and rather moan about PvP...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Haha, last time i checked there were way more PvE exclusive upgrades and refits and now you whine about a few PvP exclusive? Really? ...

Yeah, rewards should depend on BRs...

Just like PvE only players are in the wrong place on the PvP server... but they still won't hello kitty off and rather moan about PvP...

So you would be totally fine with being captured or sunk by 4-5 players, without the ability to do little more than make a scratch?

Just now, Yngvarr said:

Wow, you PVP'ers are really narrow-minded.

Seal clubbing... Reinforcements/Towers/Battle Timers/Invisibility what more do you want? Anyone that complains about "Seal Clubbing" is not a new player and just wants the server to revolve around their trading/pve. 

• Like 3

Maybe they were just looking for a nice fight and were bored so they tagged everything they could find. There is also no place to find some action like in old PvP event zone, so where should players go to find fights?

But yeah the game is pushing people towards ganking, there are many players who still dont have a fking clue what they are doing because all the fights they ever see is one of those.

• Like 1

I agree that this is boring gameplay (for both the victim and the gankers) but there is ways to protect yourself.

• Sail with a group of players (Ask if anyone else is sailing in the direction that you are and form a convoy).
  • Have AI ships in fleet (gives you a better chance than alone).
  • Hire other teammates to protect you.
  • Sail in a ship that they can´t catch (traders lynx for example).
  • Avoid ports with high income or that is popular.

On 17.11.2017 at 2:14 PM, Lord Bomgordel said:

That is exactly what you are doing with this topic. You are playing on a PVP server complaining about PVP...

Ever though about players that want to enjoy an equal measure of PVE and PVP content.

Quit being so narrow-minded.

22 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

As i predicted..
The PVP minded players shoot down anything that does not fit within their narrow view of what this game should or could be.
Not 1 constructive post, no room for discussion or compromise.

No offense, but I am thinking that this is a double edged comment.  I feel you are being to ridged it your hate of PVP to see what some people are trying to say, albeit poorly but trying.

Two nights ago in my typical hunt of up the US coastline on Global server, I was attacked by 3 US ships.  1 Suprise, 1 Renomee, and a Wasa.  Most people would have figured that is it, game over.   Nope, we fought for about an hour, I nearly sunk the Renomee, but ultimately ended in just blowing its main mast off, and having to leave the fight because I ran low on repairs.   But I evaded ALL 3 of them, and made it back to La Habana because I out sailed them.   And they werent bad players.   (not top tier but they are getting there).

If you understand your ship, and understand your opponents you can often come out alive, which in my book is a win, when out numbered. 

• Like 3

Without me taking any sides here; This has to be one of the worst discussions I have ever seen. First the original poster shows that the issue effects him in his very first sentence and after that starts degrading and insulting  all 'PvPers' on being close minded. Then he complains about not being able to have a discussion. What's the point of this crap Yngvarr? Grow up or lock this.

Edited by Lz3

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No offense, but I am thinking that this is a double edged comment.  I feel you are being to ridged it your hate of PVP to see what some people are trying to say, albeit poorly but trying.

Two nights ago in my typical hunt of up the US coastline on Global server, I was attacked by 3 US ships.  1 Suprise, 1 Renomee, and a Wasa.  Most people would have figured that is it, game over.   Nope, we fought for about an hour, I nearly sunk the Renomee, but ultimately ended in just blowing its main mast off, and having to leave the fight because I ran low on repairs.   But I evaded ALL 3 of them, and made it back to La Habana because I out sailed them.   And they werent bad players.   (not top tier but they are getting there).

If you understand your ship, and understand your opponents you can often come out alive, which in my book is a win, when out numbered. 

I understand, but when 90% of the times i get attacked OW, it's by a group of 4 or more, there's something wrong with people's perception of PVP.

However, that's just my point of view.

Just now, Yngvarr said:

I understand, but when 90% of the times i get attacked OW, it's by a group of 4 or more, there's something wrong with people's perception of PVP.

However, that's just my point of view.

Yeah, I agree.  It reminds me of Harry Potter and the start of Order of the Phoenix "5 against 1, very brave". I don't know much about the Wasa but I would think a LGV would be able to escape. If you are sailing a trade ship sail with company, or if sailing alone, keep your eyes open, keep aware, know your best point of escape, or sail a smaller ship.  Its very unlikely to get ganked and not get away in a traders Lynx. Never sail with full cargo as that slows you down. 

• Like 1