Game-Labs Forum

Increasing Ship Visuals while making Devs Money

14 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, that's what i said... sails and ships in general :P

Exactly, that's what i mean... i wish there were skins for this... would make the game look even more realistic.

I know but this was during certain time periods only and not all did it... if you look at the average classical painting of age of sail ships... the sails are usually only white but not this brand new snow white we have on the sails in game...

You are correct, it seems that emblems on sails was more a 16th century thing, on paintings from 17-18th century, i can't find any.

Those painting do however give us an idea of the color of the sails, which are either off-white, lightly gray or slightly yellowish

Examples

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kartaugh said:

It's been working fine for Elite....why wouldn't it work here?

Notice that it's a Paint/Ship combo. So you'd buy say black paint for the Wasa. Then you could apply that paint to any Wasa you had. But you could not apply the black paint to any other ship, that would have to be bought sepparately.

P.S.: To be clear, I'd gladly pay for what I described (I have spent over 300 dollars on cosmetics in Elite). I would NOT however pay for paint schemes that could then be lost if my ship sank.

9 hours ago, Landsman said:

I would pay that if it would unlock the paints permanently like skillbooks, single use - nope, not really...

This is why we have suggestion topics and why it is highly important that players voice their opinions about the suggestion and derail the conversation. As I feel people would pay to replace there paints when their ships sink others do not. IT is great for the devs to get a fill for what the player base is willing to speed money on. I don't see these becoming anything like skill books at first just do to the amount of coding it would require to have an item created (to it could be stored like learned skill books) for every possible color combo for every ship in the game. With 30 plus ships that is a lot of stuff to add. NOW this may happen after release but in current state of the game I believe it would be best to have the paints be on time use. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:22 AM, Lz3 said:

Yes, defiantly only if the paints are useable for that ship again and again. I would be afraid to lose my ship if it's worth 10$ and wouldn't want to take it out

This is designed for those who have the ability to constantly put $5 - $10 a week into the game. Also the reasoning I suggested putting them in packs of 3.  Personally I would only out fit my ships with what I suggested that are only used in PBs or for PVE grinding.  I wouldn't waste my money putting these on ships that I would lose the first time I take the into OW PVP. OTHER players would do such a thing. However, If these does come to the game I would purchase the paints and sails for all my clan to use in PBs. I'm sure several other clan leaders would do the same. Again this is designed to further development of the game quickly while bringing an aspect to the game that will help bring new players in and keep them interested in the game. 

On 24/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, sounthernrebel78 said:

This is designed for those who have the ability to constantly put $5 - $10 a week into the game. Also the reasoning I suggested putting them in packs of 3.  Personally I would only out fit my ships with what I suggested that are only used in PBs or for PVE grinding.  I wouldn't waste my money putting these on ships that I would lose the first time I take the into OW PVP. OTHER players would do such a thing. However, If these does come to the game I would purchase the paints and sails for all my clan to use in PBs. I'm sure several other clan leaders would do the same. Again this is designed to further development of the game quickly while bringing an aspect to the game that will help bring new players in and keep them interested in the game. 

hm no i think they should be unlimited OR last for a month etc. and not bound to single ships 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

With the increase talk about paints and the newly added DLC I felt this needed to be added back into the mix. Bumping instead of adding another thread. 

Cosmetic DLC is highly requested and as I stated would generate the much needed income needed to further the progress of the games development. 

• Like 1