Game-Labs Forum

Single player Epic Events

because not all can find 6 people they can trust with 1st rates. Once again Devs forgot about single players who want to participate in events as well, but they can't.

1. No tools to search for Event Group 

2. Not everyone can find a group of 6 1st rates

So, why in the world we still don't have single player Epic Events that would allow you to take your fleet and try your luck? Why we don't have easier mode events with loot drops , but smaller % to get Epic loot? 

No wonder people leaving this game on daily basis. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Washington said:

because not all can find 6 people they can trust with 1st rates. Once again Devs forgot about single players who want to participate in events as well, but they can't.

1. No tools to search for Event Group 

2. Not everyone can find a group of 6 1st rates

To your points #1 and #2, I must be missing something.  You don't have nation chat or global chat available?

"Hello, I'm French.  Whoever wants to do an epic battle outside Deshaies, please reply."

That seems pretty direct, but perhaps I misunderstood your comment.  This comes up on PVE server chat periodically.

• Like 1

The game is an MMO you are supposed to play it with other people. The epic events are supposed to be epic and should require several players same as other games where epic raid bosses require multiple players to take down. If you just want to pit yourself against strong AI opposition then head out solo and attack an AI fleet with double your BR. 

I play solo a lot, but I accept that doing so means that I cannot experience all aspects of the game. Things like Epic events and port battles should remain a group effort. Personally I think even a group of 6 players is hardly epic, but I do agree that they could provide some tools to help people group up to partake in such events rather than having to announce it in nation chat and run the risk of being jumped because spies have realized what you are up to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Just saying that Events did not get any love or work invested into them, they simply were removed and reintroduced without a single change. 

They are now very challenging, AI is really nasty, and best done with buddies for added fun, chances of victory and rewards for all. Epic events have some unique rewards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

They are now very challenging, AI is really nasty, and best done with buddies for added fun and rewards for all. Epic events have some unique rewards.

So, can a single player enjoy them? Let's say I log in , no people , no groups and I want to try them. Oh wait Devs said it's only for 6 group! Fk that.. I am out of here.. Get it? This is the reason Devs failed to bring epic Events that work. They do not start building content around single player first, and then transition to groups, they jump into group content and leave solo, new guys on their own. We all know what happens after. 

5 minutes ago, George Washington said:

So, can a single player enjoy them? Let's say I log in , no people , no groups and I want to try them. Oh wait Devs said only 6! Fk that.. I am out of here.. Get it?

Sure you can enjoy them....if you enjoy getting sunk.

1. the game is intended to be a multiplayer game.

2. EPIC is just that epic hard.

3. was this REALLY a serious comment?   "I Wants to play multiplayer games alone."

Just now, Salty Dog on Global said:

Sure you can enjoy them....if you enjoy getting sunk.

1. the game is intended to be a multiplayer game.

2. EPIC is just that epic hard.

3. was this REALLY a serious comment?   "I Wants to play multiplayer games alone."

Why would I even try if it says bring 6 players? Why would anyone risk knowing there is no way to win. 

Got it General. I comment precisely on the phrase I read. Sorry for not guessing unwritten thoughts.

_

However, Events did change and they are aimed for - team epic naval action.

How would a single player event spawning in the OW would be different from a Mission ?

12 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Got it General. I comment precisely on the phrase I read. Sorry for not guessing unwritten thoughts.

_

However, Events did change and they are aimed for - team epic naval action.

How would a single player event spawning in the OW would be different from a Mission ?

Clearly, I sail and I see an epic Event. I click and choose Solo and not Group. Boom I play. Solo events are easier and designed to challenge player in the best available ship. Solo events drop same mods, but have smaller chance to drop epic rewards.

In game 'Mission' has preset spawn with same preset rewards. Events need exploration and should even drop ships with random rewards.  

I am sorry if this is such a rocket science. I point just one of many features in NA that fail badly and no one even cares about it. These holes do hurt population badly. 

Jumping directly into pvp and group content proved it can't maintain healthy and stable player base. 

I rarely do much solo sailing but I can see where the right epic event for solo players would be beneficial to the game population.

The more players with things to do outside the safe zone, the better.

@George Washington keep asking in your nation chat. Surely some will join you. 

Epic missions should stay open to join either side.

14 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

It is nice to go straight to the point without the added negativity. Makes message more clear. Thanks General.

No problem Duke, glad I could help in these hard for you guys times. 

13 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I rarely do much solo sailing but I can see where the right epic event for solo players would be beneficial to the game population.

The more players with things to do outside the safe zone, the better.

@George Washington keep asking in your nation chat. Surely some will join you. 

Epic missions should stay open to join either side.

You will never find 5 1st rates that you never sailed with. Alt problem is one of many reasons people scared to sail their best ships with strangers. This leaves Events only to Clans who do PvE and Ignoring everyone else.  Devs reset xp for those who farm marks, but fail to fix these holes that work exactly the same way , but legally. 

ex. my clan farms epic events and sells items for millions and it's ok, but when player is farming another player for marks and sells them for millions it's illegal. Some things in this game make 0 sense. 

Honestly I enjoy the way Star Trek Online handles "Red Alerts" or epic encounters.   You go out and enter the encounter.  If you are alone you will face progressively harder opponents that scale with the numbers of people that are there.   If you are with another person, then it doubles the amount of enemies, or ups the class.  

It is actually fun.

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Hey I represent that remark.  :P

with 80 players online you do feel alone. :)

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Honestly I enjoy the way Star Trek Online handles "Red Alerts" or epic encounters.   You go out and enter the encounter.  If you are alone you will face progressively harder opponents that scale with the numbers of people that are there.   If you are with another person, then it doubles the amount of enemies, or ups the class.  

It is actually fun.

God, at least one bright person here. 

• Like 1

Just now, George Washington said:

God, at least one bright person here. 

Easy. 

Most people here are not hardcore MMO players, and this is their one and only MMO they play. 

They dont have the experience or patience to do other games with other play styles.  This isnt a bad thing it is just the way it is. 

3 hours ago, George Washington said:

No wonder people leaving this game on daily basis. 

Huge open world and game advertised as MMO while you can sail for hours without meeting another player... Dude suggests everyone plays PvE solo so the OW is even emptier... "no wonder people leave".. well played Sir Carebear, well played.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Huge open world and game advertised as MMO while you can sail for hours without meeting another player... Dude suggests everyone plays PvE solo so the OW is even emptier... "no wonder people leave".. well played Sir Carebear, well played.

Is there any windows inside that tight box you are living in? Open curtains and let sunlight in.