Game-Labs Forum

Surrender in PvP

Something needs to be done... it is complete BS that you can chase someone in Battle or fight them for a while shoot them up.. then they Surrender and you get no PvP Marks even if you sink them...  Needs to be a timer on this or a damage inflicted before surrender that kicks in so it s still PvP if you go ahead and sink the sips

• Like 4

Maybe they could bring in an option where you have the option of accepting their surrender or not, if you do not accept their surrender then the battle continues. But I would not like a system where the person who surrenders is forced to remain in the instance once they have offered to surrender.

• Like 2

Surrender should definitely not be a way to deny PvP-marks.

Surrender is a bit of an oddity now: it used to be viable to surrender before, as you minimised your crew loss (will you still save your crew? Haven't surrendered in a long while) as well as your officer lives - now it just spoils the attacker's gains, without any major benefit to the surrendering party.

I'd personally like to see surrendering being a natural thing to do if you have absolutely no chance, or after a prolonged fight where you were worsted - instead of all these ships mindlessly sinking. Give full rewards to the winner, but also make it an attractive option compared to getting sunk or wiped out (also surrendering during boarding should be easier - pretty much a one-click, in my opinion); perhaps saving your crew and giving you a few rewards based on damage done during combat (like back in the day) would be enough to make surrender a good mechanic again?

• Like 3

I think that if you surrender, you should get the option to save your ship by paying instantly a set value per rate e.g. 100000 for 6th rates, 250,000 for 5th, 500,000 for 4th, 750k for 3rd, 1 mil for 2nd and 1.5 mil for 1st. 

Pay the ransom, you save your ship. Don't pay it turns to a derelict and the attacker can capture it or sink for marks. 

When you pay, the victor gets a pop up where he chooses whether he wants Gold or pvp marks. 

To keep exploits down, surrender will not be an option unless the attacker has done over 75 percent damage or has boarded the party who wants to surrender. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Something needs to be done... it is complete BS that you can chase someone in Battle or fight them for a while shoot them up.. then they Surrender and you get no PvP Marks even if you sink them...  Needs to be a timer on this or a damage inflicted before surrender that kicks in so it s still PvP if you go ahead and sink the sips

We might provide a fix soon for this, if you sink the surrendered hulk you should receive marks. 
Currently the workaround is - do any damage before enemy surrenders. Then if you sink the hulk you will get a kill. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, admin said:

We might provide a fix soon for this, if you sink the surrendered hulk you should receive marks. 
Currently the workaround is - do any damage before enemy surrenders. Then if you sink the hulk you will get a kill. 

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

4 hours ago, Malachy said:

I think that if you surrender, you should get the option to save your ship by paying instantly a set value per rate e.g. 100000 for 6th rates, 250,000 for 5th, 500,000 for 4th, 750k for 3rd, 1 mil for 2nd and 1.5 mil for 1st. 

Pay the ransom, you save your ship. Don't pay it turns to a derelict and the attacker can capture it or sink for marks. 

When you pay, the victor gets a pop up where he chooses whether he wants Gold or pvp marks. 

To keep exploits down, surrender will not be an option unless the attacker has done over 75 percent damage or has boarded the party who wants to surrender. 

Even with your way of keeping exploits down this will still be heavily heavily exploited. One friend in one nation deals damage to the first rate, the other friend in another nation surrenders. The surrendered guy gets his ship back and the money is split into 750.000 per player. This can probably done in a very short time if you craft a fir victory just for this purpose which amounts to tens of millions in an hour.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, admin said:

Thank you and please make combat news say something like "(this player) surrendered to (this player)" or something along those lines because people can farm PvP marks and nobody will know due to not having Combat News show surrenders!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

Thank you and please make combat news say something like "(this player) surrendered to (this player)" or something along those lines because people can farm PvP marks and nobody will know due to not having Combat News show surrenders!

Yes. This would furthermore put a shame on surrendering. 

well about the combat

i would rather see more activity shown on the map, then information about a nation player is sunk, in eve there is a system given by an activity circle, in an instant you see there the combat arias, were the action is, and how intense the action is , also individual combat can you see there . at the moment we see lines with combat, but we don't see who it is, who is the victim and with what ship the attack is executed, you can not actually make anything out of it

we just need more info on this matter in the early day's people new more, than we have now

the information we have now is just what we all already know on forehand >>there is a PB coming >>yep captains get sunk ...

i think we need a system where we have real info on combat and activity and the strength of the single battle 

we need more input/output on battles and activity (we don't need names but ,a better production on info is needed )

like::  battle activity circles (4 hours)

also like::   player xy from the runs clan in a victory,  captured a trader brig from clan dev at fort royal (you don't have to call the victim here)

also, a spotting system would be nice :) (but that is another topic i think){my pigeon flys 120 km an hour)

perhaps a good upgrade : the use of 3 pigeons in a basket, on board a ship,>  with info in the open waters send to the capital

[right click on a enemy in ow ,and click> on a pigeon message to capital with the info of the ship and player name and position ]

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, admin said:

Yah I actually had a few guys just surrender at the start of a fight and couldn't get any awards.  I think if you scuttle the ship you should get CM maybe not PvP Marks.   You only get the PvP Marks if you do damage to them.  Though I do think there should be a delay at the start of the battle before you can even use the Surrender option.  Simply make it you can't surrender for 5 mins, plenty of time to get a tag and do damage that first 5 mins to a ship.  Any surrender after that you get to scuttle the ship and get full marks for it.   

I really never have an issue with a guy that does it later in a fight, it's the guys that do it before a shot is fired.  Than you find out why cause they are in a crappy store bought ship and since you didn't do any damage to it you get nothing.  Unless you take it back to port and sale it or something.  

I suggested that many times before.

But that drastic measure would have to be tied with curated Admiralty with proper assignments and not the makeshift squadrons we have now - aka. avalanche of steamrolling OW forcing surrenders en masse vs farming marks... *sigh*

2 hours ago, Lz3 said:

Even with your way of keeping exploits down this will still be heavily heavily exploited. One friend in one nation deals damage to the first rate, the other friend in another nation surrenders. The surrendered guy gets his ship back and the money is split into 750.000 per player. This can probably done in a very short time if you craft a fir victory just for this purpose which amounts to tens of millions in an hour.

No way to farm gold. The surrendering player has to PAY for the privelege or he loses the ship. That gold is transferred to the attacker or the attacker can choose marks instead and the gold goes to thin air. This does not generate capital and i tied the price to the going rate on pvp marks as well. 

Edited by Malachy

3 hours ago, Malachy said:

No way to farm gold. The surrendering player has to PAY for the privelege or he loses the ship. That gold is transferred to the attacker or the attacker can choose marks instead and the gold goes to thin air. This does not generate capital and i tied the price to the going rate on pvp marks as well. 

And if he doesnt have the money?  Say a noob player who made the age old mistake of running a trade run and put everything he had into it.  

8 minutes ago, Hodo said:

While I like the idea, I am not sure how it would be coded into game. 

Exactly as it is now: It becomes an abandoned 0 crew ship. You sail up and select "sink ship", you get the marks  or you crew it and get the ship in fleet.

I mean the main reason for this thread is that if you are about to lose a PVP fight, you can just deny your opponent the rewards by pressing surrender. And that's just BS.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1