Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vazco

Marines bugged on captured ships

When in battle you capture a ship and move to it, you still have Marines when sailing, taking crew spots, however they don't appear when you board. Please either add them to boarding, or remove from crew spots. 

Good catch. Does it happen whether you have or not the Marines for that specific rate (books)?

This is a really old and known bug that shouldve been fixed long ago. Its especially annoying as Marines are designed to help in boarding but disencourage you to switch ships.

3 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Good catch. Does it happen whether you have or not the Marines for that specific rate (books)?

It happens only if you have the book on your ship and swap to a captured ship, does not matter if the captured had the book.

Just to perhaps offer a different perspective. You were sailing a Wasa and boarded a Wasa so the number of skill spots open is not in question. Here I think is where the issue originates. If you have 2 Wasa's at your port you have to set the skills for each ship independently. When you capture a ship you are moving from one ship to another just like you were switching ships in port. So any upgrades or selected skills for the specific ship will not transfer to another ship. This has always been the case in my experience.

Right now I think when you switch a ship, you either get no ship knowledge on a new ship, or you get it from enemy ship. You don't get your old knowledge. 

Just now, vazco said:

Right now I think when you switch a ship, you either get no ship knowledge on a new ship, or you get it from enemy ship. You don't get your old knowledge. 

That was exactly my question about the books, if you have them ( but not in your ship ) versus not have them but enemy ship had them installed.