Game-Labs Forum

Future Tournament Types

Liq

What battle setup would you like to see / participate in in a future tournament?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What battle setup would you like to see / participate in in a future tournament?

2. 2. If you voted for 1 vs 1 above - What ship do you think the tournament should be?

• I did not vote for 1 vs 1
    • Surprise
    • Constitution
    • Pirate Frigate
    • Wasa
    • Prince de Neufchatel
    • Bellona
    • Victory
    • Other ship - Please comment below
  3. 3. Fix amount of BR, team size can be anything (e.g. 2 4th rates vs 5 5th rates, like port battles)

Seeing that the group stage battles of the current tournament are starting to happen more regularly now, we could already think about the next tournament type, plan ahead :)

What would YOU like to see / participate in? Please vote.

Options

• 1 vs 1
    • Possibly a "best of three" with 3 different ships (for the knockout stage at least) ?
  • 2 vs 2
  • 3 vs 3
  • 4 vs 4
  • Fix amount of BR, teams can bring as many players as they want to fill the BR (à la Port Battle)
  • Other?

Maybe next time we could get some gifts from @admin for the winners, in terms of paints (given some paints have recently given out for 'testing')

Edited by Liq

Whatever you do make it faster.

For example:

5 man roster

3vs3

2 days per match then next round

Or even tournaments just for one day. Single elimination 1 hour match length each 1,5 hours next match.

It should not take 6 weeks for 3 matches.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Whatever you do make it faster.

For example:

5 man roster

3vs3

2 days per match then next round

Or even tournaments just for one day. Single elimination 1 hour match length each 1,5 hours next match.

It should not take 6 weeks for 3 matches.

Too many people must work and don't have enough time for this kind of tournament. 

51 minutes ago, ShroudedRecluse said:

make it so that after waiting 6 weeks, Jon Snow and company can't sail downwind for 30 minutes and get a 'win

Was won before, srupl just decided to to follow us 30 mins because he was pissed. You were part of PoDW you should know us shrouded, was impossible to fight with 10% structure and no repairs vs full life + 1 repair connie

2 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Too many people must work and don't have enough time for this kind of tournament. 

thats why 5 man roster. If those tourneys happen more regularly like in other games people stop taking it super serious and just sign up to get some nice fights.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 4

On 13.11.2017 at 8:02 PM, Christendom said:

1v1 - make it a ship EVERYONE has slots on.  a surprise or a wasa.

Good idea.

Consider this, tho: Ships without stern chasers promote fights where it's generally better to keep your bow towards the enemy than your stern. I love the surp but imagine the tactics some could come up with...

59 minutes ago, sveno said:

I would really dig having a shoutcast guy in the matches, sport reporter style.

In Tribes matches way back in time we had that and it was awsome.

In the previous tourney every battle had two guys commentating and it added a lot imo, shame it's missing from this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sveno said:

I would really dig having a shoutcast guy in the matches, sport reporter style.

In Tribes matches way back in time we had that and it was awsome.

Just now, Tac said:

In the previous tourney every battle had two guys commentating and it added a lot imo, shame it's missing from this one.

As you might have noticed I'm not the best commentator, so yeah - if there are other volunteers regarding streaming / recording or just joining the lobby for some commentating, let me know.