Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grundgemunkey

Spanish Hypocrisy port battle timers

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Most players chose EU server because they didnt know the difference.

It was stated several times on these forums that they were not clearly defined for players who dont come to the forums. 

If you hadnt logged in for 2 months and the wipe happened you were screwed.   Because you had ZERO progress on the Global (US) server, and only had the progress you had on the EU server.    Then you had zero information on creation for what each server offered to the player.  That the EU server was RVR light, and Global was RVR 24/7.  

Then there was the screw up at launch that had the Global server with the exact same restrictions as the EU server, which only further confused and frustrated players.

So please... if you know nothing, say nothing.

Luckily we have you in the forums providing your wisdom and intelligence to all of us.

37 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Exactly. Most players chose EU server despite all your efforts of your ts meetings.

Global server idea failed since the first minute. No one want to lose pixels when sleeping or working. Thats why grunde complains.

Your failure only brought more europpean players (like AHOY) back to the EU server.

Your BS is amusing.  Luckily your rhetoric doesn't seem to have much effect and it looks like we'll all be back together again soon.  Maybe with timers.  See ya then!

21 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Your BS is amusing.  Luckily your rhetoric doesn't seem to have much effect and it looks like we'll all be back together again soon.  Maybe with timers.  See ya then!

You cant ask the devs to make miracles. Every region has its own primetimes.

Asking them to go back to pb timers is shortsighted. It didnt work well with flags and it wont work with the hostility system because the main problem still remains unsolved. People will deliberately use it to set timers to lock out the map to the nation/s without a 24/7 playerbase. 

With those conditions, GB and Pirates will become instant-win nations. The same bullshit of the global server just in one server.

Are the devs willing to have only one server with the same future as Global?

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

More likely you'll be sailing an empty ocean.. Just like you do on the global server..

This is why the lord protector windows is a great concept to bring back.  Sorry but not every one works the same scheduled. I always took SEA/EU servers in the past cause I worked night shipt and that was servers with the most players on when I get off work.  If you don't want to be attacked out of your clan window than just set your port to that window  you can defend.   If you loose the port sorry you would of lost it any way.  

This weeks it's the UK guys, next week it's going to be another group until you end up either with no port battle windows or back to a open global port timer type set up.  You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while.  Get all the players on one server and get this game ironed out and finished.  Than they can set up separate servers upon release of the game.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while. 

The actual problem is that we tested it in the past. And it did not work at all.

On the other side, now in PVP EU things seem to work quite good: with the exception of the endless complain on the forum of one or two or three - always the same - players, we are quite happy about the situation on the server: there is OS PVP in some well known Hotspots, Carebears activity goes on as usual, RvR is quite lively with 5-6 port battles port battles on a daily basis (Brits and Swedes won last rounds but Spain is growing).

So why should we try once more something that did not work in the past if now things are quite good?

Edited by victor

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is why the lord protector windows is a great concept to bring back.  Sorry but not every one works the same scheduled. I always took SEA/EU servers in the past cause I worked night shipt and that was servers with the most players on when I get off work.  If you don't want to be attacked out of your clan window than just set your port to that window  you can defend.   If you loose the port sorry you would of lost it any way.  

This weeks it's the UK guys, next week it's going to be another group until you end up either with no port battle windows or back to a open global port timer type set up.  You know we are here to test things, I don't see why we won't just test it for a while.  Get all the players on one server and get this game ironed out and finished.  Than they can set up separate servers upon release of the game.

I completely agree with this. 

If nothing else can they at least implement the lord protector windows on the Global server to test it out, that way we might see if there is a lot of support for such a system as it may attract more players to to Global server. People keep saying it was tried before and did not work, but that was in the days of the flag system, things have changed since then and such a system may now work very well with the current game mechanics for port battles. At least it would stop all the complaints that people have set up port battles at times when the defender could not be there. 

21 minutes ago, victor said:

The actual problem is that we tested it in the past. And it did not work at all.

On the other side, now in PVP EU things seem to work quite good: with the exception of the endless complain on the forum of one or two or three - always the same - players, we are quite happy about the situation on the server: there is OS PVP in some well known Hotspots, Carebears activity goes on as usual, RvR is quite lively with 5-6 port battles port battles on a daily basis (Brits and Swedes won last rounds but Spain is growing).

So why should we try once more something that did not work in the past if now things are quite good?

since the number of players playing the game are less than  a year ago ... i dont think you are correct

the game suiting you personally .... doesnt mean its a success

for the record I dont really care if they merge the servers or not

but the asserion that because more players play eu than global = the split was a success is not correct .. look at numbers playing the game