Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
la Touche-Treville

Limit repair amounts in instances

While I can understand the need for a captain to be able to repair his ship 100% when in OW, I would like it to be a limited % of hull/sails/crew lost for each repair launched.

Take a look at World of Warships and how the damage control works as a good example. You'll never see a ship being damaged 50% going back up to 100% after a repair and thank god for that otherwise the battles would go on for ever.

Well in Naval Action, ships can restore their sails to 100% after having them shredded to pieces. yes there is a 15mn timer that helps avoid abuse but with the meta speed boats we're facing, that just doesn't crack it. You'll see the infamous 'speed Wasa' take off with less than 80% sails, still be able to outdistance the enemy, launch the repair and come back to continue the fight totally unscratched.

This becomes even more absurd with the surgeon operating in a boarding scenario!

By default you should only be capable of adding 50% back after pressing the repair button and maybe 75% if you have a special perk.   

Just to be certain I'm clear:

- Ship is at 80% sails, launches repairs, sails go up 90%

- Ship than goes back down to 70% sails, launches repairs, sails now go back up 80% (50% of 90-70)

Same for hull and crew

Masts shouldnt be repaired the same % as sails.

It is unrealistic and kill the chances of big ships to survive against gank squads of small ships.

I am sticking to the idea of repairs stay the same, BUT crew become REALLY exposed while doing it.

If you are repairing anything your crew should take 5 times the damage they would normally take.  And Rum shouldnt bring back 100%, it should be 50% of the lost crew.

Devs have said they will look at repairs.

Prepare yourselves for some form of limited number of any repairs with possible revision of cool-down timers.

yay

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

Devs have said they will look at repairs.

Prepare yourselves for some form of limited number of any repairs with possible revision of cool-down timers.

yay

Pretty much lol, i miss the old 1 rep per battle to be honest...

It's even more severe problem with bonuses that add 17% thickness to armor and 10% to repairs (yes, it's possible). Such ships can't be sunk... Our last PB was a boarding festival. I'm not sure if it's a good direction for NA... 

Edited by vazco

20 minutes ago, vazco said:

It's even more severe problem with bonuses that add 17% thickness to armor and 10% to repairs (yes, it's possible). Such ships can't be sunk... Our last PB was a boarding festival. I'm not sure if it's a good direction for NA... 

Well it is more historically accurate than a ship sinking in 30sec to 7 leaks.  Oh those were the days.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:56 AM, Intrepido said:

Masts shouldnt be repaired the same % as sails.

It is unrealistic and kill the chances of big ships to survive against gank squads of small ships.

Well big ships all ready have a silly bonus for teh masts due to the pen setup...  even a 4pdr can take down a SOL mast.. it should just take a LOT of hits.. I do not care how tough the wood is.. you hit it enough times with fast moving iron and stone slugs 4 pounds and up.. in time it is going to give... MAst or Hull...  The reason it was never so much a deal in real life wasn't that it couldn't happen. It was that it is really hard to hit a mast on a moving ship from a moving ship.. Plus real warships had limited powder and shot... they couldn't just fire forever and a day.. We need something in between

We had brigs demast 3rd rates shortly after the game came to steam. That was just both ridiculous and annoying as hell seeing your ship of the line get demasted by some 6pdr brigs a couple hundred metres away.

I think masts are okay now.

7 hours ago, Liq said:

We had brigs demast 3rd rates shortly after the game came to steam. That was just both ridiculous and annoying as hell seeing your ship of the line get demasted by some 6pdr brigs a couple hundred metres away.

I think masts are okay now.

Masts are in a decent place right now.  You can demast someone but it takes a bit of effort, or you can choose to sink them.  Both take about the same effort.