Game-Labs Forum

Pirate avoids loss by letting "French Pirate" cap his ship.

2C4E6A4C611DF55E1E9D1A378F8100D3AF3ED79FF

Pirate Buc allows Simon Cadete (pirate who switched to french the same day) to board him and cap his ship to avoid loss.

CF0D7B20E420A8768D9A02F7536D53EEA0C35FEC

All of the KOCFC clan are former pirates who switched to French to troll WO clan. Their name suggests as much since the leader of WO is commonly referred to as KOC (King of Crowns). Not sure what the FC stands for but one can only assume it is not friendly. As you can see Simon Cadete was the one in the Santi who capped the Buc.

801C9268684E07EEF9F6109FE5E327902B92D113

Barnabus back on his Buc after it was traded back to him by Simon Cadete.

Would love to get a definitive answer on this before everyone with alts begins saving themselves from sinking.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

I believe there is historic precedent in captains being allowed to strike their colors those those who might offer them fairer terms.  After all, any good captain will do his upmost to preserve the lives of his or her crew.  I believe Barnabus did exactly that.  It's pays to have friends out on the open waters.

Also a side note, the pirates that nation changed to France did so to combat the 3 (Brit/FR/US) v 1 (Pirates) Zerg going on right now on global and the constant and persistent faming of new players outside mortimer.  This was not a "troll" action as suggested by OP.  The recent arrivals to france have all vowed to continue the privateering life and to side against any form of organized zerging that is ruining the server.  I say we should commend these players for doing the right thing and keeping the global server a free for all.

To just give a taste of what's going on, there is rampant alt abuse being used by the Zerg as well as some suspected alt farming that will be passed along shortly.

• Like 1

Whether or not it breaks rules it is certainly a dirty tactic. Another incident like this happened on the EU server recently and sure enough people aren't finding it to be very fair. This is going to be exploited whenever people have a chance to do it and if so then there's going to be a lot of problems with people attempting to get their alts in other nations battles and such. 

• Like 1

Not quite sure how having less or equal players is zerging, the pirates have the most pvp pop on the server so nations have to work together to match them. All this does is lead to more gank fights where one side gets locked out because the other got in first. The screen shot above would have even been in the pirates favor in both numbers and ships. Although I assume fairish fights are not the goal. Anyway I don't think this breaks any rules but it is very much against the spirt of pvp and highlights some things that need fixing.

This seems to be another issue entirely. Players should be aloud to fight on whatever side of the fight they please. Locking a fight once one player of a nation joins is only going to be abused.

2 minutes ago, Aster said:

Not quite sure how having less or equal players is zerging, the pirates have the most pvp pop on the server so nations have to work together to match them. All this does is lead to more gank fights where one side gets locked out because the other got in first. The screen shot above would have even been in the pirates favor in both numbers and ships. Although I assume fairish fights are not the goal. Anyway I don't think this breaks any rules but it is very much against the spirt of pvp and highlights some things that need fixing.

This seems to be another issue entirely. Players should be aloud to fight on whatever side of the fight they please. Locking a fight once one player of a nation joins is only going to be abused.

Yeah calling it a zerg is an exaggeration. It's really only a small number of players from different nations. It only seems like more since most pirates refuse to come out and fight on fair terms

25 minutes ago, Latron said:

Whether or not it breaks rules it is certainly a dirty tactic. Another incident like this happened on the EU server recently and sure enough people aren't finding it to be very fair. This is going to be exploited whenever people have a chance to do it and if so then there's going to be a lot of problems with people attempting to get their alts in other nations battles and such. 

Oh give it a rest Latron, you use to be BLACK you know the names listed there half those guys are there main Pirate chars so stop that use of ALTS. Most of us have 4 forged papers still so some guys figured lets have some fun and roll to French to deny these guys there terms of battles.  The exact reason is what you explain about exploiting the rules.  I know there are still some tribunals pending results about KOC and CKA and others of that group and your included using the system to exploit it by tagging each other.   SO get off your freaking high horse and just admit it your getting out played is all.

20 minutes ago, Aster said:

Having more active PvPers that want to fight doesn't mean your still the largest nation. Not that is US and GB who refuse to fight each other. Instead they gang up on Pirates and think that fighting 5 to 1 is a fair fight.  Sorry we aren't putting up with that.  IF GB and US doesn't want to fight us as Pirates than some of the guys will fight them as nationals for now.   You can no longer use each other to tag and be safe from each other if we can join and still sink you.  

Remember folks all a pirate is is a Privateer without a job. What I see with the KOCFC guys is they are no french privateers hired to take care of a problem with other french players being more loyal to GB and US than to there own nations.  Hell isn't that exactly what the current Rus and Poland players are doing? They are acting as Privateers working for other nations.

Show me the game breaking rules folks as this is not a tribunal cause it's a cry cause some one is out playing you.  Maybe if you want some rule calls legs look at all the post still pending since start of October there hasn't been any rulings and actually had proof of folks breaking rules or bending them. 

And remember there is no thing as fair terms in war.....lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh give it a rest Latron, you use to be BLACK you know the names listed there half those guys are there main Pirate chars so stop that use of ALTS. Most of us have 4 forged papers still so some guys figured lets have some fun and roll to French to deny these guys there terms of battles.  The exact reason is what you explain about exploiting the rules.  I know there are still some tribunals pending results about KOC and CKA and others of that group and your included using the system to exploit it by tagging each other.   SO get off your freaking high horse and just admit it your getting out played is all.

Having more active PvPers that want to fight doesn't mean your still the largest nation. Not that is US and GB who refuse to fight each other. Instead they gang up on Pirates and think that fighting 5 to 1 is a fair fight.  Sorry we aren't putting up with that.  IF GB and US doesn't want to fight us as Pirates than some of the guys will fight them as nationals for now.   You can no longer use each other to tag and be safe from each other if we can join and still sink you.  

Remember folks all a pirate is is a Privateer without a job. What I see with the KOCFC guys is they are no french privateers hired to take care of a problem with other french players being more loyal to GB and US than to there own nations.  Hell isn't that exactly what the current Rus and Poland players are doing? They are acting as Privateers working for other nations.

Show me the game breaking rules folks as this is not a tribunal cause it's a cry cause some one is out playing you.  Maybe if you want some rule calls legs look at all the post still pending since start of October there hasn't been any rulings and actually had proof of folks breaking rules or bending them. 

Tex, calm down. I don't know why you feel the need to be so assertive all the sudden. I'm not saying those players above are all alts. Of course I know who they are. What I mean is this kind of play could potentially be another form of alt abuse in the future. Also I'm aware that some of the other nats are guilty of using dirty tactics to avoid battles or get an advantage in one, but as far as I know I was never involved in it. I sailed around with the group sometimes, sure, but I refuse to take part in such exploits. I'm disappointed by all who choose to do it that way. If I'm wrong, then please provide proof.

Edited by Latron

I have pages of screen shots showing otherwise, people who sit in the safe zone and don't come out to fight arnt ganging up on you. The numbers are also almost always fair/ in your favor because the fights happen at mort town so the rats get to pick and chose which fights they take. Usually resulting in a fair/ slightly in the rat favor fight happening. Ganks do happen but the kills in ganks are far outweighed to the kills in fights. I'm not really sure where this idea of getting ganged up on is coming from, like yesterday we counted at least 14 pirate/ French pirates at tortue. 

But this is all off point. Battles locking because 1 guy with a flag jumped in on the other side is simply going to be abused and should be changed.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is all well and good but holds no relevance to the tribunal take your comments elsewhere.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

This is all well and good buy holds no relevance to the tribunal take your comments elsewhere.

This entire thread does not belong to Tribunal as he did not use an ALT and even if he did it would still be allowed. You guys abuse game mechanics so will other players ^_^

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Gud said:

This entire thread does not belong to Tribunal as he did not use an ALT and even if he did it would still be allowed. You guys abuse game mechanics so will other players ^_^

If you have proof of me abusing game mechanics then open a tribunal. I never accused anyone of being an alt. You just said that they abused game mechanics soooo stop contradicting yourself.

2 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

This is all well and good buy holds no relevance to the tribunal take your comments elsewhere.

This is not a tribunal as they did not break any rules so take your post to national news.  Are should I remind you that falsely accusing folks of things is against the rules too.  You can't even list what they did wrong and what rules they broke.  That is not how tribunal works.  You don't post every time you get out played.

Now the person that does have grounds to report some one is the player that lost the ship.  Apparently there might of been green on green that caused him to get taged in and not escape with every one else and I do believe there is a post about this.   

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is not a tribunal as they did not break any rules so take your post to national news.  Are should I remind you that falsely accusing folks of things is against the rules too.  You can't even list what they did wrong and what rules they broke.  That is not how tribunal works.  You don't post every time you get out played.

Now the person that does have grounds to report some one is the player that lost the ship.  Apparently there might of been green on green that caused him to get taged in and not escape with every one else and I do believe there is a post about this.   

Oh man I didn't realize you were an authority on this matter. My fault I will delete this post immediately. False accusations lol, where?

As far as your second comment, if you could link me because I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the green on green since he was a pirate.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Oh man I didn't realize you were an authority on this matter. My fault I will delete this post immediately. 

As far as your second comment, if you could link me because I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the green on green since he was a pirate.

Maybe read up on the rules a bit buddy since with 6 post you seem pretty new to this part of the game......here I'll help you.

As for the grounds for the other player he prob did not feel there was a need for a tribunal as not every one in game cry's and runs to the forums when they don't get there way.   Some times you just shrug it off and move on.  I mean it's a pixal ship even if he lost it perm than I"m sure that player would have a new one by the end of the night with the clans involved.   You know it's call moving on with the game.

17 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As for the grounds for the other player he prob did not feel there was a need for a tribunal as not every one in game cry's and runs to the forums when they don't get there way.   Some times you just shrug it off and move on.  I mean it's a pixal ship even if he lost it perm than I"m sure that player would have a new one by the end of the night with the clans involved.   You know it's call moving on with the game.

Like before this comment holds no relevance if there is someone with a complaint against myself they should come forward. You on the other hand should not attempt to discourage people from posting on the forums when they feel someone has broken or bent the rules in unintended ways. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

If this happens again the captured ship will be sunk by green on green to the ai captured ship and sink it. its just that simple. the ship will not go back to the hands of the rats. we all know who the black/French alts are its no secret. so just a fair warning. 

that would be another tribunal worthy offense.  It's your funeral bud.