Game-Labs Forum

France lays Claim to Dominica

Teutonic

Announcement straight from Paris!
464aa9b56c63bf610adaa7698e52402f.jpg

Our Emperor, Napoleon, scowls as he notices on the most recent map sent to him shows many of our ports lost to outside invaders. After much time was spent calming him down and attempting to reason with him that we cannot take all the Caribbean back, the Emperor has decreed that the Island of Dominica must be under French Influence. As for reinforcement, the war at the homefront is making it difficult to get through the blockades but bits and pieces of much needed resources have been able to get by.

Be it, Pirates, British, US, or any other nation, the French shall take and defend the ports on Dominica; Grande Anse, Roseau, and Rosaly.

As we sail back to the Caribbean with our plans of the offensive I still hear Napoleon grumbling about his loss of gold, wine, and women of Haiti. I shake my head and hope sleep will make him forget at least for the short term. I do hope we can make it through this blockade. Even as I write this down the enemy is continuing their pursuit. By god I hope the wind favors us.

Elan! Vive La France!

Hermione_19.03.13_IMG_5588.JPG_d.JPG

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Announcement straight from Paris!
464aa9b56c63bf610adaa7698e52402f.jpg

Our Emperor, Napoleon, scowls as he notices on the most recent map sent to him shows many of our ports lost to outside invaders. After much time was spent calming him down and attempting to reason with him that we cannot take all the Caribbean back, the Emperor has decreed that the Island of Dominica must be under French Influence. As for reinforcement, the war at the homefront is making it difficult to get through the blockades but bits and pieces of much needed resources have been able to get by.

Be it, Pirates, British, US, or any other nation, the French shall take and defend the ports on Dominica; Grande Anse, Roseau, and Rosaly.

As we sail back to the Caribbean with our plans of the offensive I still hear Napoleon grumbling about his loss of gold, wine, and women of Haiti. I shake my head and hope sleep will make him forget at least for the short term. I do hope we can make it through this blockade. Even as I write this down the enemy is continuing their pursuit. By god I hope the wind favors us.

Elan! Vive La France!

Hermione_19.03.13_IMG_5588.JPG_d.JPG

dont worry about your emperor .. he will be out of your hair soon ... we have sent a guy called wellington to have a few words with him

As we near our final skirmishes to reclaiming the whole Island of Dominica, I am told the Emperor is pleased with the swift results and awaits the final notification that the entire Island has been reclaimed. He has advised our admirals in the Caribbean to be ready for further orders but this is the first time he has not informed me of the private details. This must mean the top brass at the home front are hard at work in creating success where in the past were only frequent failures.

During this period, our small fleet has gained a notable friend in these harsh waters, the United Provinces. No doubt this relationship gained here will only bring positive changes to Mainland France.

Good day to you all and fair winds!

The_battle_of_the_Saints_12_avril_1782.j

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

France Succeeds in controlling the entirety of the Island of Dominica at this time. As we write the last official letter of this campaign, many sailors now look forward to future endeavors in the Caribbean.

continued talks with our Dutch neighbors has both nations eyeing the southern portion of the Caribbean, apparently there are still privateers to deal with and land that is not controlled by the more civilized countries. We must plan and prepare with our newfound allies to secure our borders.