Game-Labs Forum

I'd like to suggest:

Speed-Meta: Remove most of the speed-knowledge buffs, speed upgrades and what not. Getting a Wasa or Bellona in battle to 14,5 is anything but realistic. And it can not be because it promotes gameplay because it doesn't - it ruins the ship balances and in the end everyone is going for the same ship. In short - either do something seriously about the speed issue or remove all the other ships so we can get paints for the Wasa..

Remove the reinforcementzones. Make the PvP server a PvP server. I trade a lot, I craft a lot and I do PvP when the chance is there. I don't get tagged in a trader unless I'm the one who wasn't paying attention and this is how it should be in a PvP server. Alternatively make Britain the PvE nation (wouldn't be much of a change) and all others PvP nations - And britain should ofc be excluded from the RvR so as not to give one nation an unfair advantage in the RvR competition.

Safezones: Remove the capital areas as the forts/towers make excellent protection for traders and anybody else.

Ship balance: REBALANCE ALL SHIPS!

2 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I'd like to suggest:

Speed-Meta: Remove most of the speed-knowledge buffs, speed upgrades and what not. Getting a Wasa or Bellona in battle to 14,5 is anything but realistic. And it can not be because it promotes gameplay because it doesn't - it ruins the ship balances and in the end everyone is going for the same ship. In short - either do something seriously about the speed issue or remove all the other ships so we can get paints for the Wasa..

Remove the reinforcementzones. Make the PvP server a PvP server. I trade a lot, I craft a lot and I do PvP when the chance is there. I don't get tagged in a trader unless I'm the one who wasn't paying attention and this is how it should be in a PvP server. Alternatively make Britain the PvE nation (wouldn't be much of a change) and all others PvP nations - And britain should ofc be excluded from the RvR so as not to give one nation an unfair advantage in the RvR competition.

Safezones: Remove the capital areas as the forts/towers make excellent protection for traders and anybody else.

If im not mistaken the reinforcement zones were reintroduced cause new players got ganked all the time. Which in some if not most cases lead to them leaving the game.

So I wonder if it would be possible to have a shard transfer. Say you start out fresh on a PvE shard, at frigate rank you get the option to stay on PvE or transfer to PvP and if you chose to continue PvE you get the option to transfer at the next rank again.

I know some people who would never touch anything but Sweden even with pliers. And there has to be players with the same mentality in other nations as well.

Although I believe, even with the current reinforcement zones etc. If we had 1000 more players there would automatically be more pvp.

The speed meta or even any meta is just... uh.. No there shouldn't be a fixed meta in a sandboxy game. But I guess that's hard to avoid. People will always find a way that works and stick to it. A fact to put out there is the modern replica of the east indie trader HMS Götheborg which only does 8 kn. With a cruise speed of 6 kn.

We also need BR tweaking for most ships.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Makrian said:

PvP is enable, it is possible there. But nothing more. PvE is also possible. And crafting and trading.

Except crafting is futile when the most overpowered ship can be gained from combat marks, and trading is basically a money press.. It's impossible to NOT make gold from trading.. Basically no risk, high reward = broken economy. There's PvP but only when everybody wants it, which is either never or when one side has a huge majority in numbers + little to no solo hunting = ganking(broken PvP). 

4 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Except crafting is futile when the most overpowered ship can be gained from combat marks, and trading is basically a money press.. It's impossible to NOT make gold from trading.. Basically no risk, high reward = broken economy. There's PvP but only when everybody wants it, which is either never or when one side has a huge majority in numbers + little to no solo hunting = ganking(broken PvP). 

So so wrong

If the most OP ship is available for peanuts then EVERYONE has it and there should be a PvP nirvana

If making cash is that easy then why is the Clan founder of GA on global still not able to open up all dockyard slots

Solo hunting is possible there is one Pirate such a pain in the backside we have a channel in ts just to hunt him

To the OP, I'm not much for all these votes going on, because not enough players get involved in the forums.  But...your ideas for speed meta changes would be a good candidate for a community vote.  Should include several options and an "other" so people aren't trapped into answers, and they have a way to explain a diversion from your choices.  That topic affects all players.

Edited by Jean Ribault

1 hour ago, Custard said:

So so wrong

If the most OP ship is available for peanuts then EVERYONE has it and there should be a PvP nirvana

If making cash is that easy then why is the Clan founder of GA on global still not able to open up all dockyard slots

Solo hunting is possible there is one Pirate such a pain in the backside we have a channel in ts just to hunt him

First off - If the clan founder of GA still haven't unlocked the last dockyard slots he's simply not trading because 20 mins of AFK sailing nets you 2-3 mill in profits easily. All you have to do is know the traderoutes and there are so many in the current iteration of the economy that you'd have to be a fool not to stumble upon one every 2 hours of sailing. Pay attention to A and C in the traders tool (and no I will not make a tutorial for the traders tool).

Secondly - everybody is using the most overpowered ship. Atleast if they do PvP. There are ofc the diehard masochist (I do love the endymion and the reno) but they are aware that their love affairs costs them in effectiveness. 

Thirdly - There's so few on global that you can't do anything but solo-hunt. Hardly a server that can be usefull for a evaluation of the current mechanics.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

To the OP, I'm not much for all these votes going on, because not enough players get involved in the forums.  But...your ideas for speed meta changes would be a good candidate for a community vote.  Should include several options and an "other" so people aren't trapped into answers, and they have a way to explain a diversion from your choices.  That topic affects all players.

I dislike votes for the very reason you bring up yourself. I'll consider making one for the speed-meta, but in general it should be done in concert with a ship rebalancing. A ship should fill a role, but no ship should be the ship in all roles.

Reinforced zones not needed for new players. New players should get an optional flag (like smuggler flag) with that in home waters they shouldnt be attacked, or attack anybody (this should be usable till certain level and only on battleships). Problem solved. Especially for new polish, russian, prussian players. This red zone system is shit, as all problem solutions in this game. The game is boring, if u want to play only 1-2 h/ day. Nowdays its boring aswell, if u play more. But as i mentioned before, i dont think devs wants to keep players in this game for a long time, they just want fast player base recycle, but with this numbers and with bad reviews on steam the game just dying.

Edited by DrZoidberg

On 11/11/2017 at 7:18 AM, Bearwall said:

I'd like to suggest:

Most 74s were almost as fast as 5th rates and were designed to fulfill both frigate and lineship roles.  Some could overhaul 5th rates so it's actually realistic. The 64s like the wasa were abit slower though. 

1 hour ago, Malachy said:

Most 74s were almost as fast as 5th rates and were designed to fulfill both frigate and lineship roles.  Some could overhaul 5th rates so it's actually realistic. The 64s like the wasa were abit slower though. 

Actually it is not.. Most 74s sailed at cruising speeds of 8-9 kn, most frigates went a knot faster.. There were a few exceptions where the 74s were as fast as some frigates. In general the lineships were able to utilize winds that frigates were not, but that went vice versa as well. With the introduction of copperplating in the 1770s the lineships got half a knot faster but so did the frigates..

Totally dependant on wind strengths at water level and at mast height.

In winds where a 74 would cruise fast the majority of the running frigates would have to brace a lot of canvas for danger of capsizing if not even breaking the masts.

Actually the sharp turns we make in game would result in tops and royals to snap even in a moderate wind.

9 hours ago, Malachy said:

I dont remember ever reading anything that said any of this, can you site your source?

The "74" 3rd rate was a common ship of the line because of cost, and cost of operation.   The 3rd rate was akin to the modern Battle Cruiser.  It had the firepower to deal with anything smaller than a 3rd rate, but was fast enough to out run anything bigger.   Had enough crew and marines to influence the nations will on its own.  And just cheap enough that they were on the cusp of being expendable. 

The biggest difference between a Frigate (5th rate) and a "74" (3rd rate) was the hull shape... most frigates were built for speed, they were long sleek lines.  Case and point, Constitution and the Endymoin vs the Aggie, and Ballona.