Game-Labs Forum

Loss of all ships in outposts

Teutonic

I was managing my outposts and lost pretty much all my ships.

1. Teleport to outpost
2. delete outpost in outpost group
3. remake the outpost (essentially changing where it is in the order)

I thought if I TPs to the outpost first and be in a ship would not kill any of the ships and well, seems I was wrong about this.

my warehouse assets are all still there though...

Anyway it seems to be the case that in fact you do lose all your ships even if you're in the same outpost.

Is there any way to get the ships back? I know there is a warning that if you LEAVE the port you lose everything, but I never left the port.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I think what he is saying is that he deleted the outpost and went through the warnings, but was sitting in THAT outpost and his ships deleted.

Closing of the outpost requires several steps

The warning and first confirmation
All buildings, ships, items and goods in that port will be lost!

Question one requiring you to move the mouse (by switching the position of confirm button)
Are you sure if yes click abandon

Required typing
If you are sure - please type CLOSE by hand. AND click confirm
(again switching the position of the confirm button)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

The warning 
All buildings, ships, items and goods in that port will be immediately lost!

Are you sure

If you are sure - please type CLOSE by hand.

Since normally you never lose ships until you leave the port, you need to make that crystal clear.

To make it crystal clear, then add a simple word..... change it as I show above.  The OP understands he will lose ships AFTER he leaves the port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

What about 3 warnings (including the one requiring you to write "CLOSE" and press confirm)? 

Instead of CLOSE can we code it to type the name of the freaking port/outpost instead?   While I haven't done it in a long time but I delteded the wrong post before and lost a good all gold fitted Reno cause I clicked on the wrong outpost I wanted to remove.  If it made me type the actual name of the outpost I would of been like, "Oh crap that is the wrong out post." 

As per the image in @Ink post here it all ready ask you what out post.  Just make it where instead of CLOSE I would have to type "Ambergrease Caye"  instead to make sure I'm being an idiot and clicking on the wrong outpost.  And if you type the wrong name for the port your trying to close give an error message. This right here will stop a lot of accidental ports closing while still having goods in them.

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, warning description does not specify "if you LEAVE"
WDwyAAg.png

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, warning description does not specify "if you LEAVE"
WDwyAAg.png

1 hour ago, admin said:

The warning and first confirmation
All buildings, ships, items and goods in that port will be lost!

Question one requiring you to move the mouse (by switching the position of confirm button)
Are you sure if yes click abandon

Required typing
If you are sure - please type CLOSE by hand. AND click confirm
(again switching the position of the confirm button)

So...here is the confusing part then.

All my assets are still at those ports. I lost all my ships, but all my resources, refits, books, materials are all still in those ports.

I understand the warnings, I really do...but in all the time I have played, the warnings pertained to losing all that stuff once you leave the port.

I'm honestly fine if I can't get any of the ships back as it was my fault...I just feel the warning is not specific enough?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So...here is the confusing part then.

All my assets are still at those ports. I lost all my ships, but all my resources, refits, books, materials are all still in those ports.

I understand the warnings, I really do...but in all the time I have played, the warnings pertained to losing all that stuff once you leave the port.

I'm honestly fine if I can't get any of the ships back as it was my fault...I just feel the warning is not specific enough?

Warehouses are always in ports. Items inside ships and buildings are lost. SO, if you have iron in all of your 5 ships and delete outpost, you will loose all goods. Warning is correct. 

Edited by George Washington

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

With the new UI there should be an option to place outposts in order manually as player wishes. I always hated that I cannot manage it, because I'm type of a guy that likes to have everything sorted out in perfect order.

Honestly This is what I'd prefer.

maybe it's OCD of me, but I like things in particular order and from all the previous times I have done this in the past, well lets just I guess all the previous times I did this I didn't have ships in those ports before.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Honestly This is what I'd prefer.

maybe it's OCD of me, but I like things in particular order and from all the previous times I have done this in the past, well lets just I guess all the previous times I did this I didn't have ships in those ports before.

Let me explain how I see it works:

There are warehouses in each port (separate structures in every port)

There is an Outpost with it's own set of rules and Docks (another property)

Deleting outpost will automatically effect everything what is in that property area. Since Warehouses are on a different property they are not effected. It kinda works for me lol. 

8 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I don't think Teutonic was confused by the closing process... He thought that as long as he was staying in that port he was closing he would not lose any ship. And since he didn't lose any material he was surprised to realize that his ships were gone.

Agreed

31 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I don't think Teutonic was confused by the closing process... He thought that as long as he was staying in that port he was closing he would not lose any ship. And since he didn't lose any material he was surprised to realize that his ships were gone.

but you can only stay on one ship...:o, the rest are in docks. If you could man all ships at once , then this would work. 

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

but you can only stay on one ship...:o, the rest are in docks. If you could man all ships at once , then this would work. 

He knew he would lose ships if he left the port.  He already said he was re-making the port to re-order it in the list.

Also, even if he planned to leave the port, it doesn't matter.  He might've intended to SELL the ships before leaving.

Why are you creating an argument where there is none, only in order to cause division?  If a vet has been duped by the whole process, how much more a newb would be?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

If a vet has been duped by the whole process, how much more a newb would be?

That is the whole point of my argument. I think we should do a public Poll and see if people will let him have his ships back. :D Being too soft in this case will allow other players to request ship reimbursement. Think wisely. 

.....Oh I was drunk and deleted all my ships, can I have them back? No! but you refunded Teutonic and he f*kd up too, I want my ships back now!...:lol:

• Like 1

I have to agree that there's just no way to totally protect against stupidity.  Probably most of us are guilty of it 1 time or another.  I know I am. :wacko: I tried to delete an outpost once and kept typing in the actual port name over and over instead of "close".  Couln't figure out why it wouldn't close, and even relogged in a couple times.  I know, stupid.  But IMO that simple change to warning text I made above could help clarify for things like this.  Can never be clear enough, I think.