Game-Labs Forum

Farm with friends - marks confiscation

admin

Yes. Maybe then suggest something different - have the admin PM the clan leaders in regards of any players being affected.

Does that sound more interesting to you as a clan leader ? I mean, I am sure if your clan would be affected by this, as you are asking for public names, you'd be very happy with the associated negativity posted even if it was a situation out of your control :) 

Careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

There is a player called [...] and after he gets sank, he comes back in another ship and keeps fighting. One day he lost like 6 ships during 2 hours, including Pavel.

Well if it was in two hours they may have been disappointed to the yield..... I'd like these cases to be free of rumour mongering..

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I am not accusing a player, he is just stubborn and keeps fighting (not alt). He gets killed all the time with "recently killed" tag, but I bet sooner or later someone will accuse him of being an alt.

On the side note, farming can be done without "recently killed" and Combat News. Player needs to surrender and it looks all clear. No recently killed status, no combat news and another player gets 100% rewards. The current system has a loophole allowing farming.

Ehm.. I should read the entire thread....

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

I was making a point that if a player gets killed multiple times in short time, it doesn't mean it's alt farming so mechanics preventing it can ruin PvP.

Yeah.. As I said.. I should read the entire thread.. Srry 'bout that..

@admin This is just a thought, but since alt-farming has been a punishable offence for quite a while, and the practice of demotion has been used in the past. Wouldn't it make more sense to administer the same punishment to all players, regardless if it's a clan, sorry for the inconvenience, or a single player, or seven in this case? As I see it very few players can claim not to know that alt farming is against the rules and the farming belittles the effort of others that enjoy the accomplishment from the battles.

EDIT: And if it isn't alt-farming but due to an agreement between the players, the ruling from the french/sorry portbattle should still be in effect - farming.

Edited by Guest

Hmmm... currently checked, didn't receive any notification in my game account and my marks hold is intact - but i should be on the list.

@Pagan Pete : Please insert one of your great sentences to shame as famous last words ;-)

Reason: Made with a befriended player some duels to have PVP fun without toxicity and for training (just beginning PVP), and got PVP Marks on this way - a nice to have side-effect, i hereby admit. It was my idea, so keep the other guy out of this. As a consequence and to keep my honour I deleted the player (same name as forum) by myself and taking a break from NA. 

For my usual habit of playing games it was a extraordinary long time, playing different styles since August 2016. And even if part of my play instinct is still itching to try the new port battle rule set, level out some more ships or battle some old friends one more time - but it's currently to complicated or restricted imho: no outlaw battles any more; more and more restrictions when, who and where to engage; PVE- vs. PVP-camp war; RvR vs. solo hunt usw. 

The simple sail out, sank and get sunk, meet friends, talk, smuggle, trade, explore where and what you want is currently out-of-favor - within the devs AND the player community. 

But i would imagine that's a necessary phase in the development process of a MMO (especially pre-release), you have to decide for a ruleset, the framework all game mechanics have to fit in so this should not be a bitter parting - especially i won't give NA a bad review. As a EA it's tremendous fun especially for people who like constant change and always discover new things (good and bad, that's the nature of EA). An it's GOING TO BE a great game, i'm sure - and i will check this after release, at last... Please hurry, devs! ;-)

Always six feet water under your keel!

Bragan Benigaris

tl;dr: It was me - shame me, but creative! ;-)

6 hours ago, admin said:

Farming marks of friends is against the spirit of PVP and captains who are doing it should know that it might lead to full account reset on all servers. 

7 players have received the warnings and had all their mark holdings (combat and pvp) confiscated. If reported again those captains will be demoted to lowest ranks.

Very very nice. Thank you for your effort. Good job. PvP marks are so good to promote PvP but alt / friend abuse farming is cancer that ruins it.... Please keep it up.

for the love of god.....why are pvp marks back in the game.  It was an alt farming fest last time....it's an alt farming / ganking fest this time.  As long as there are special items that you can purchase that improve PVP, players will abuse mechanics to get them. 

If we have to have PVP marks, make them for cosmetic items only.  Paints, flags....ships names.

• Like 10

On 11/9/2017 at 7:03 AM, Powderhorn said:

I am not a part of any of the investigations or the metrics for what constituted farming, however, I would suggest something like this:

Sink a player once, good on you.

Sink a player twice, bad on him.

Sink a player thrice, something might be afoot.

I highly doubt that any warnings or asset seizures were unwarranted.

Yah I have reported some one when the wipe first happen and combat news popped up cause the same guy showed up almost every hour on the hour sinking a nation in waters far from where that nation should be.  So it's not hard to figure the folks out if you just watch the combat news a bit.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:06 AM, rediii said:

I think devs know it best because they can actually create statistics with the logs.

Namings would probably just lead to toxicity and accusations in the future

Naming and Shamming has never been a good thing on any games.  Than folks start to point fingers and accusing folks of things even if they never have done them just cause they hang out or part of a clan. We seen plenty of that on here.  Hell I turned in many a chat +reports for folks saying I'm  cheater and such and I wasn't involved in a port battle or fight they brought up over and over. Nothing was done for there actions and I just see no reason to add to such toxic players.

Sir Cheater Sir is not my name by the way folks and never was....but I was called that many times on global chat cause of something I wasn't even involved in.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:45 AM, The Red Duke said:

"recently sunk" should be a clue Captains. 

Players that keep practicing combat will buy another ship at store and come out to fight again.

Now step back and re-address your future posts pointing individual players. Uncalled for and won't allow it.

CombatNews should have a +report feature for when you see something fishy, but you can always do what I have done.  Open that screen do a F11 and send a message about suspected abuse of the system.  Haven't done it in a while  but did do it right after the wipe.  Than it's in the Dev's hands after that.

There are two tribunal topics in the last 24h. Where people saying they were doing duells with former clanmates. Or stuff like that. Who will think there stays some other things behind that, like we want test some things only negativ thinking people woud say such a bad thing. 

Sry for me is it like alt Farming. If they want test some things they coud stop before one of them sinks.     

But who am i.

Edited by Lucius Esox

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Open that screen do a F11 and send a message about suspected abuse of the system.  Haven't done it in a while  but did do it right after the wipe.  Than it's in the Dev's hands after that.

You have the correct approach to the issue. Thank you for reminding us all.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Instead of playing whack-a-mole why don't you treat the disease instead of the symptoms? Remove ridiculous, OP PvP modules/notes and reintroduce cosmetic items as PvP rewards. Then no one will care whether there's farming going on or not...

Pagan Pete likes this, +3
Lil Willy likes this too, +0.5

o/

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Instead of playing whack-a-mole why don't you treat the disease instead of the symptoms? Remove ridiculous, OP PvP modules/notes and reintroduce cosmetic items as PvP rewards. Then no one will care whether there's farming going on or not...

Pretty much what i am thinking...

Its a double edged sword. I bet ine the one hand we got more pvp overall but in the otherhand there are the black sheeps. Reducing the power of rewards would make it less interesting = less pvp but although less exploits.

5 hours ago, admin said:

main post updated

What are the behaviours that are defined as farming? I ask, since I have an urge to either hunt or duel Otto Kohl in a close future (and a few others). If I sink him regularly, is it considered farming? If we duel, should we avoid sinking each other through some house-made rules?

Just a note: PvP rewards are great, especially upgrades that you have to constantly buy. Please don't remove them. A better way to address farming is to create a renown system, which would give you more marks for sinking someone that wasn't sunk for some time, and who was performing some time-consuming actions in the meanwhile (eg. missions). This way farming wouldn't be possible, as it wouldn't be proffitable. You could also give less PvP marks for sinking someone X time during a given week.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, Wraith said:

@Wraith

"Treat the problem instead of the symptom" have used this saying once or twice myself and totally agree with you and @Pagan Pete

regards

Norfolk nChance [ELITE],

Norfolk nWay [ELAN],

Norfolk nSoul [Church of the Poison Mind], Norfolk nPoint, Norfolk nBlack and Norfolk nFARM...

• Like 1

Можно узнать причину моего понижения? Беру по факту мы играем с мужем с двух разных компов за две разные нации, с чего вы взяли что это фарм? Мы купили * ДВЕ игры * на два разных компа! Я купила игру, чтобы вы учили меня как в нее играть, это так получается?! Онлайн итак маленький пока найдешь против состариться игры, повышайте онлайн! Это не вина игроков, которые у вас не до четы в игре, и к тому же это АЛЬФА-версия, а не полноценная игра!

Edited by Anastasia