Game-Labs Forum

Problem: Loot snapping back into NPC hold

Norfolk nChance

@Ink

Thought it was me, but another player has the same issue so here is a note.

Started after yesterday’s HOTFIX for Patch 13.00. Looting a NPC from a mission [X] drop-in window. When I drag the loot across it snaps back into the NPCs cargo hold. After a couple of goes it remains in my hold. This happens on the first piece of loot I drag. Not subsequent items.

Sinking additional ships within the same battle and then trying to loot I have the same problem. First item needs dragging across multiple times to lock in MY hold.

I’m at the right speed for capture, and the vessels are not completely sunk etc...

Norfolk.

Captain, the problem was not reproduced yet, perhaps with more reports from players the problem will be spotted. At the moment we consider it as a problem caused by side factors (e.g. connection). We will keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

I tested a Razer Mamba and a SteelSeries Rival 100 series ( softwares up to date ). Can't seem to reproduce that issue. 

Default configuration with two of the side buttons being used for voice comms and browser command.

• Like 1

@The Red Duke

Thank you for the reply. Maybe you can shed some light on this mystery with your experience?

Looking at the problem objectively nobody else has replied with similar problems so, it’s probably more my end rather than the Dev’s.

I really do like the Unity5 roll out and difference it’s made to the game in overall quality.  On the first week of NA-Legends I noticed the “Point & Click” functions didn’t hit first time and mentioned it. This was corrected within the following week.

The Razer Mamba…

I really like the mouse, and within NA works amazingly well in BATTLE adding the “Sensitivity Stage Up…” for looking around quickly to then Staging Down for precise LEAK shots all delivered in an instant. This maybe is where issues conflict or arise?

The Sensitivity CONFIG includes ACCELERATION and Polling Rates. The first is the rate of increase of speed in the cursor with respect to mouse movement. The second is the FREQUENCY of data updates for the device (packets sent).

If you discount LIFTOFF Range giving tracking issues which it doesn’t with the surface properly calibrated, to me it points to my PING Rate within the game. Ping at 230 in Hong Kong maybe “too slow” for it (the mouse) FREQUENCY rate. This then causes Packet buildup congestion or loss?

It’s not a massive issue and if it’s only me then fine, but any ideas am all ears…

Norfolk.

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:16 AM, Norfolk nChance said:

@Ink

Thought it was me, but another player has the same issue so here is a note.

Started after yesterday’s HOTFIX for Patch 13.00. Looting a NPC from a mission [X] drop-in window. When I drag the loot across it snaps back into the NPCs cargo hold. After a couple of goes it remains in my hold. This happens on the first piece of loot I drag. Not subsequent items.

Sinking additional ships within the same battle and then trying to loot I have the same problem. First item needs dragging across multiple times to lock in MY hold.

I’m at the right speed for capture, and the vessels are not completely sunk etc...

Norfolk.

Ahhh...I have had this issue as well and before the hotfix. I kept assuming it was me doing something wrong or that the hold was full or something (although I am sure the hold was NOT full). I don't have high ping or any Razer type mouse.

As and when I get it again I will F11 it.

• Like 1

i doubt this has to do with your issue, but for what it's worth, i had a razer mamba tournament edition. nice mouse, apparently quality production. first shock was that the software *demands* you open an account on the cloud just to configure the thing. this means that that crap logs into their cloud every restart to fetch configuration. unbelieavable. fortunately you can also use the thing with factory config, so i soon uninstalled it. ok.

nevertheless after a while i started to have problems with the mouse just stopping to track randomly. my son had the same mouse, bought elsewhere, and had the same problem. some googling revealed this may be an issue with the sensor and the mat (custom and specifically callibrated). thoroughly cleaning the sensor with alcohol seemed to alleviate the issue, but it was recurring and of course always striking at the worst moment: how about your mouse completely freezing in the middle of an ow match ...

i ended up ditching the thing. that mouse is absolute horse shit. it ended in the dump because i don't even deem it good enough to give it away to someone else ...

i could tell a similar story about a corsair strafe keyboard with keys randomly getting stuck. yeah, it has every imaginable gizmo and is really beautiful, but fails at the basic: let you type consistently. morale: never *ever* again buy any product labeled 'for gamer'. it's mostly absolute crap sold on nothing but hype.

• Like 1