Game-Labs Forum

A clear warning to the french and dutch

sveno

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Yea and thats not even the point.

Anti swedish bias is stronger than the will to fix broken mechanics. If we use these nice mechanics now on a large scale and use that anti swedish meta, are you all gonna vote to fix this?

go ahead make a poll..you have my vote as a honorable captain 

the question is are you honorable to(every general of the navy should have a higher standard to become a leader of the fleet)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

If wars & battles are based on clans relations, this mechanic, that allows dutch & french fleets to tagg each other so to escape from a Sweed persuing fleet, could be counter by accepting "green to green".

In that sens, Sweeds fleet could have entered one side of that initiated battle and fight dutch and french clans ships no matter the flags...Once their "fake allies" are sunk or have escaped (by green to green), the remaining Sweeds finish off the opposite side.

Very confusing tactic but the only way to resolve such a situation since "faction diplomacy" cannot offer "allies options".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

hhaaa ok..play if we are Under BR is stupid... and it s us the "cowards"????? big joke

I love how I comment as an observer to this thread and certain Swedish captains launch personal attacks against me. 

I think I hit the nail on the head with my comment of: the Sverige nation demands "Follow the rules we set you. Don't follow the examples we set"

(when they attack you just quote it back to them)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Well you didnt accept that gentlemens agreemant either did you? So why should we? Also, I wasnt the one using those cheeky tactics, although I do agree it would be tempting.

I thought we did? Like mentioned many times before, we are all in the same timezone, and 18:00 is not a good time for us either.

12 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Well if I find them i will surely tell them Sveno is threatening them. And your statement about 'they are doing it too' is quite ironic because you started yourselve with stating that, we do something so why should we.

You missed every point I was trying to make here. Point one: you expect a favor of your enemies, for them to behave in a gentlemanly way. Then return the favor, and instruct your captains to refrain from cheese tactics. Make it a general memo, without calling names.

'They are doing it too' With this I mean, when you see shitty behavior (even if it's done by your own side!) call it out! Don't defend your own shitty behavior by pointing fingers. That others are behaving shitty does not make your own shitty behavior less shitty. This goes for everybody, including your/my own nation.

So you say CABAL players are using alts as spies, that's been ruled as allowed by the devs many times before. You seem to know who these alts are so if you see them you know you are spotted, act accordingly. You say that these alts are used to avoid battle. If this is true I will go on record here and say that is bad and I do not condone it and will in fact raise the point inside the clan and let my friends know I think that is shitty behavior. I expect everybody who has ever accused anybody else of using exploits or shitty tactics to do the same. Only then can we hope to have a nice environment in our game.

Saying it is a mechanic and thus allowed is disingenuous. It is clear by the actions of the devs, by changing the way old outlaw battles worked to how they worked in the most recent incarnation (can join anywhere and green on green allowed in outlaw battles), that tagging friends to avoid battle is not how it is supposed to work!

I just can't get my head around how you can defend your actions with the left hand then you attack others for using those actions against you with the right hand..

@The Red Duke could you explain to me what it's called when you behave in a certain way towards others and yet complain when those behaviours are used against you... I'm just a monkey afterall.. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Knobby said:

You missed every point I was trying to make here. Point one: you expect a favor of your enemies, for them to behave in a gentlemanly way. Then return the favor, and instruct your captains to refrain from cheese tactics. Make it a general memo, without calling names.

No you missed my point, you started with saying that we say that you should not attack before 1800 server time, but when there are usages of bad mechanics we do not play like gents, and so stating 'why should we accept your treaty?' All fine an argument but than you say people should not use arguments 'he did that so it doesnt matter' and that sort. Pretty ironic in my eyes. And I repeat, IF I find them (because I still dont have names) I will speak with them. If something will come out of it? I doubt. 

45 minutes ago, Knobby said:

So you say CABAL players are using alts as spies, that's been ruled as allowed by the devs many times before. You seem to know who these alts are so if you see them you know you are spotted, act accordingly. You say that these alts are used to avoid battle. If this is true I will go on record here and say that is bad and I do not condone it and will in fact raise the point inside the clan and let my friends know I think that is shitty behavior. I expect everybody who has ever accused anybody else of using exploits or shitty tactics to do the same. Only then can we hope to have a nice environment in our game.

Yes and isnt that a mechanic badly used to? But yes, both sides dont have any real proof so.

47 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Saying it is a mechanic and thus allowed is disingenuous. It is clear by the actions of the devs, by changing the way old outlaw battles worked to how they worked in the most recent incarnation (can join anywhere and green on green allowed in outlaw battles), that tagging friends to avoid battle is not how it is supposed to work!

This game is early acces so things like this exist. We are already low on numbers so banning and kicking people for this is unwise. We just have to hope the devs change it.

26 minutes ago, rediii said:

Difference is we dont do it. I never experienced us doing that and if I would have then I would have made a thread about it.

Also you accuse us again for doing stuff we dont do. Which portbattle did we enter or ran away from with this exactly?

difference is you do ... I have experienced and seen it at jamaica  when your clans are ganking there

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

No you missed my point, you started with saying that we say that you should not attack before 1800 server time, but when there are usages of bad mechanics we do not play like gents, and so stating 'why should we accept your treaty?' All fine an argument but than you say people should not use arguments 'he did that so it doesnt matter' and that sort. Pretty ironic in my eyes. And I repeat, IF I find them (because I still dont have names) I will speak with them. If something will come out of it? I doubt. 

I'm saying do to others as you want them to do to you. I'm well aware you don't have absolute control over what other ppl do, but I want you to speak out against such actions. So I want you to give out a signal, in general terms, that you do not condone such behavior from you friends, teammates and allies. Like I have just done about CABAL's use of alts.

Yes and isnt that a mechanic badly used to? But yes, both sides dont have any real proof so.

Again, this is not about proof or punishment or who did something first, it's about calling out shitty behavior when you see it, regardless of who is doing it. Like I do in the text you just quoted. That's the whole point of my post. Would be nice if you did the same.

This game is early acces so things like this exist. We are already low on numbers so banning and kicking people for this is unwise. We just have to hope the devs change it.

Once more, it's not about punishment or banning. It's about speaking out, telling your friends and teammates that what they are doing is shitty and asking them to stop. It's called 'sociale controle' in Dutch (i think it's similar in English, social control) and it's what keeps most ppl from doing shitty stuff, even if there is no real threat of punishment. I'm sure you know what I mean.

TLDR; Everybody who witnesses shitty behavior, regardless of sides, should call it out and condemn it. Especially if the ones doing it are your friends or teammates or allies. Disapproval of those close to you is the most effective form of stopping shitty behavior in societies.

I can't believe I really have to explain this 3 times to get the point across

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

I still want to get it fixed

Also I still dont understand how they gank in the safezone... I think tags should be disabled there, people just use the lacking knowledge of noobs to get tagged (not only swedes) ;)

i posted earlier they tag mascalb ...into battle  leave a bait ship sat outside .. when bait ship is attacked they leave battle and join bait ships instance .. experienced it and seen it ..

people complain about lack of pvp .. then use tactics like this ... all it does is put people off 1v1 pvp and wait until a 5 v1 situation occurs in case there are more ships sat in a battle instance waiting

its not just the swedes .... but your the ones complaining about it

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Knobby said:

TLDR; Everybody who witnesses shitty behavior, regardless of sides, should call it out and condemn it. Especially if the ones doing it are your friends or teammates or allies. Disapproval of those close to you is the most effective form of stopping shitty behavior in societies.

To lazy to qoute your whole thing, but I read it. 

So your point is that people need to call out things that they see as shitty behaviour or things like that, now, do you think this post is good then? Threatening two entire playerbases without calling names and without proof where everyone could read it? Alot of players of the game will not see this (prob including the people this whole post is about). My point is that this post is just a useless threat on two entire playerbases and not doing anything than brewing alot of toxicity between the two sides. 

Also, your point just gives to many problems, because not everyone agrees on what is shitty behaviour. Than people start thinking they can just call out people because they do something they think is wrong. Also you want me to control the entire Dutch nation so they keep the Swedish decided rules? First of all, I am not a dictator I am a diplomat, and secondly, buy me a secretary if you really want that, because that woulf give a ton of work ;)

4 minutes ago, Knobby said:

I give up.

Don't give up sir , it's an outlandish idea to think a PvE nation would ever want to pro-actively seek PvP so I can't see where the surprise is with such behaviour by the Frutch alliance tbh.

Embrace it in your holiday home in Maracaibo .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

Don't give up sir , it's an outlandish idea to think a PvE nation would ever want to pro-actively seek PvP so I can't see where the surprise is with such behaviour by the Frutch alliance tbh.

Embrace it in your holiday home in Maracaibo .

pfff PvE nation, is that because you got angry since you couldnt attack French when you were actually still Dutch? Because you can only see in black and white? own nation or sinkable. really the Dutch nation was never a PvE nation, not now and not before. But when you guys were still Dutch, people just thought we were more PvP focused because of your toxic behaviour. on forums and in game. 

I also find it weird that Knobby doesnt call out on this shitty behaviour then? I think this proves my point enough