Game-Labs Forum

This game needs 4 stars before release!

George Washington

Dear Devs and players we have to make everything possible to bring this game back to 4 star rating on Stem before it's release. I am very confident that with new tutorial and beautiful UI we will see a nice boost in positive reviews, but will it be enough? 

My suggestion do Devs, hire an Artist and start doing what GW2 did. Eye candy! Create templates for Patch notes, Invitations for players who used to play, maybe even in future invest in cinematic trailer? All this is very important and can bring great rating. Organize things and make them clean and inviting. 

So, what Devs need to do to get your good review on Steam? Please tell us. Let's try to make NA a 4 star project again before New Year and I am sure Developers will gift us with something nice. ;) 

Edited by George Washington

I agree much polish (that's pah-lish, not pole-lish  :) ) is needed before release.

Pictures, and trailers especially, for this game are wonderful advertisements on Steam.  But if someone sees awesome pics and trailers and then comes to this game before UI and Tutorial are done, they all go to waste after their big disappointment.  Thus the current UI and Tutorial(s) focus must be completed first prior to that for best interests of the game.

That said, this game is beautiful; so trailers should be professional, with professional voiceovers and professional cuts and transitions.  I would love to hear a Donald Southerland or other pro voiceover, personally, if it could possibly be done and paid for.

As far as patch notes, a template would be nice.  But given the poor history of communication (IMO) from devs on the forums here, I would say we've already come a long way.  Would love to see more/fuller explanations within patch notes, so they need to hire someone who speaks and writes English fluently.  Translations which leave out prepositions or other key words or punctuation can frequently change the entire meaning of a sentence or the entire message.

The PVE server configuration must be addressed.

I agree with above that more ships could/should be added before release.  But then again, they would need to be balanced first before release.....just look at the whole Wasa business. :mellow:

• Like 2

couldn't the devs make a new steam id for naval Action upon release?

i mean, they could call the combined Alpha of na and nal a different Framework, that would get rid of all those salty Reviews done for no good reason....

then they can offer that new release to all owners of na for free.

would that be feasable?

i think it was done before by keen Software house?

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

They need something to sort new guys into Clans right after they log in. Maybe display top clans , member count, their logo etc.. 

Also, group search tool, for pve missions, events, pvp.  

If you can't make new players stay they will quit and after all game play with clan guys is more fun than alone sailing and exploring. 

Edited by George Washington

25 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

We need actual patch notes and changelogs in game launcher and always up to date with ALL information and not just a small chunk of it. Would be cool to get a newsletter too for players willing to stay up to date. Some new trailers, sneak peeks images with upcoming changes etc.

Not only that, we need ingame game store. 

24 minutes ago, George Washington said:

They need something to sort new guys into Clans right after they log in. Maybe display top clans , member count, their logo etc.. 

Also, group search tool, for pve missions, events, pvp.  

If you can't make new players stay they will quit and after all game play with clan guys is more fun than alone sailing and exploring. 

Auto-clan feature.  As soon as you start your character, say France for example, the game places you into Clan NEWB_F.  Then autokicks you after 50 hours in-game.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

My recipe for a better NA:

-More PVE content. Varied type of missions.

-Fill the OW with things to do and see: wildlife, surprise events (like shipwrecks), discovery and exploration.

-New boarding system. Current one is anticlimatic.

-More clan tools to help organization.

-An IA capable of fighting near land. Any professional reviewer will call it as game breaker.

-Ship customization via cosmetics.

-More ships. There are quite important gaps in the current line up.

And active AI/NPC port battles. 

I have recently browsed through the reviews and have noticed a whole lot of new negative reviews from players with about 2-10 hours logged. Main issue seemed to be the lack of tutorial and the very poor UI. 

The recent sale might have boosted the player pop a little bit but it seems to have had a much more important and bigger negative impact regarding reviews. Those reviews are most likely never going to change before the tutorial and UI is done (given the players also re check the game).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 8:24 PM, sveno said:

couldn't the devs make a new steam id for naval Action upon release?

i mean, they could call the combined Alpha of na and nal a different Framework, that would get rid of all those salty Reviews done for no good reason....

then they can offer that new release to all owners of na for free.

would that be feasable?

i think it was done before by keen Software house?

Seems doubtful that it was Keen Software House, Space Engineers is still in beta and their Miner Wars 2081 game is at a 30% review rate so it didn't do them a lick of good if they did it, but maybe.

Would say that it seems a very fishy approach. A game that completely tanks and/or pulls all kind of shenanigans in early access would be able to wipe its slate clean to bring in clueless customers just by releasing under a new steam ID (think along the lines of, say, WarZ...).