Game-Labs Forum

Dynamic/Interactive Crew

Naval action compared to AC Black Flag or Sid Meier's Pirates, in my opinion is like comparing Arma to call of duty. The translation isn't seamless, but Black Flag and Sid Meier's is the arcade take and Naval action the simulator. I far prefer Naval Action with its detailed and realistic play style I.E. you actually gotta sail places and its a big deal to see a fleet far from its home waters roaming around. That being said, I feel like there needs to be a greater dynamic focus on the crew. I don't mean morale necessarily, but when your in the open world sailing around I think it would be cool if your lookouts alerted you your environment, such as land/sail sightings, drastic changes in wind, or getting messages about the state of the crew. Having specialty crew: better surgeons for healing, better cooks for faster prep (a result of higher morale) would also lend some authenticity.  I don't think it should be a main focus for the game but something to provide more depth to your ships, give them personality.  There was something magical about sailing around in  Black Flag and your crew breaks out into song, or the battles in Sid Meier's when the crew is running up and down the rigging and milling about on the deck cheering or crying depending on the battle. After all, it isn't the ships but the men that sail them that gave life to the navy.

• Like 2

Yeah, more fluff is always nice. Approved.

The in game voices dynamics is very well done in battle, something to thing about into the open world as well.

Failing that find a cool group that likes RP and sometimes the voice comms get alive with shanties, naval adequate praying, salty appropriate cursing, etc