Game-Labs Forum

How many repairs are used in one repair instance?

Farrago

Question

I don’t mean how many to take a ship back to 100% from X amount of damage. I mean how many repairs (hull, rig, and rum) are the max that would be used in one repair. I know it differs by ship but is there a reference or list somewhere? Have you figured out a particular ship’s max repair?

8 answers to this question

It should be noted that the rule of thumb as pointed by Hodo can change according to the crafting/equipment choices of the ship. So it can increase but never under the baseline. So don't be surprised if you see a Snow at 4 hull and 5 rig.

42 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

It should be noted that the rule of thumb as pointed by Hodo can change according to the crafting/equipment choices of the ship. So it can increase but never under the baseline. So don't be surprised if you see a Snow at 4 hull and 5 rig.

You mean, for example, if using certain perks or mods that increases the effectiveness of repairs? Please explain further. I always assumed a repair would use X amount of repairs with Y percentage of restoration modified by perks/mods. 

On 11/3/2017 at 3:37 PM, The Red Duke said:

certain woods and crafting options alter the amount of repairs needed for each cycle.

the baseline is as Hodo wrote, but differences may appear.

Thanks guys for the replies.

That’s interesting. So, for example, a teak ship takes different amount of repairs than an oak ship? Any guidance or advice which builds take more or less?

Edited by Farrago

8 minutes ago, Farrago said:

That’s interesting. So, for example, a teak ship takes different amount of repairs than an oak ship? Any guidance or advice which builds take more or less?

Nope, I don't keep tabs on the numbers, just noticed and surely others noticed it too.

IIRC there was a thread going on about the builds, on the economy and crafting, that skimmed on that subject.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:40 PM, Farrago said:

As far as I can tell on most ships it isnt that big of a deal.  But when you start getting into the really heavy woods like Live Oak, you will see an increase in hull repair numbers.   For the most part they stay pretty stable on the smaller unrated ships (6-7th rates).

• Like 1