Game-Labs Forum

Open world

2 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

believe he wants safe zone be shrink after a certain amount of hours spent on the game. 

If the game was as some OS PVPers would like, we will end up playing in 50 in the whole server, mate. Devs - luckly - understood this after the infamous mega patch of this summer.

Edited by victor

37 minutes ago, victor said:
17 hours ago, Zoky said:

I played enough OS PVP to know that you are very likely to attack (around Tumbado) only in couple (or packs) against single targets.

What? I haven't sailed out of tumbado in ages. And I don't remember ever sailing around tumbado and belize in more then 2 man group (usually me and Lord B). Did I stole your candy or something? Why so much hate for me on forums? Seriously I always tried (unfortunately didn't succeed every time) to be nice to player that's against me. I loved battles against dutch coz they are nice people. Most brits were nice and funny too. Only french were always salty and most of our fights end up in me telling them "calm down, its only a game". Are you by any chance french captain?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Wraith said:

In other words, it's not about ship costs, it's about mods and add-ons that increase the inequality among bad, average and elite players. I contend that your prowess and renown in PvP should be reinforced through skill not by the OP mods you can buy with the marks you earn.

Wraith nailed it.

A player should have control over which wood types he wants his ship to have so that it can be more speed oriented or tank oriented. He should have the option to install copper plating or not. He should have the option to install different sail qualities for speed,  or install optimized rudder and lightweight ropes and blocks; but that should be it.

Player skill should be the overriding factor in PvP, not OP mods. 

Edited by Captiva
wording
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:
19 hours ago, Hodo said:

LOL, I played World of Pirates for a very, very long time, it was great and did so many things right for a relatively simple, accessible MMO.  

I think one solution to encouraging PvP should be to change systems and mechanics that increase two factors: 
1) Encourage activities that increase the rate of non-consensual PvP by adding features for increased/cheaper resource collection and PvE content outside of safe zones (missions, exploration, resource points, shipwreck scavenging, etc.).
2) Encourage consensual PvP by giving more PvP rewards to losers than to winners, and make PvP marks not function to increase the disparity between good PvP'ers and bad PvP'ers (e.g. make PvP rewards cosmetic).

I get the sense that among average players there's the feeling that by engaging in PvP, and trying to get better, that you're just making the strong stronger and you'll always be behind. With the return of PvP marks, and what you can buy with them, players would rather TP to another outpost and PvE, rather than providing content to the PvP game and fall further behind. I feel like this is a "bad thing" and reinforced by bad incentives. In other words, it's not about ship costs, it's about mods and add-ons that increase the inequality among bad, average and elite players. I contend that your prowess and renown in PvP should be reinforced through skill not by the OP mods you can buy with the marks you earn.

Laced through all of this is that the rate of PvP encounters scales with the number of players on the server. This is a no-brainer: If you're a PvP-centric player you should be doing your damnedest to keep players in the game instead of running them off. On PvP Global I've seen a huge spike in the amount of bitter, salty PvP'ers who are out there hunting newbs and blockading ports, spewing incessant, elitist b.s. on chat instead of being pleasant, and encouraging newer players to come out and fight and get better. They are hamstringing their own content by running new players off or discouraging even the players that do come out and fight with their, "You suck, git gud bro, go back in your hole," attitudes.

This I support. I was always for paints as PvP reward. All skill books and all modules should be either craftable or available for combat marks so that everyone have access to them. As for salty pvp, I blame devs. PvP-ers are second class citizens for so long that many started openly hating non-pvp players. Like I said in previous post I always try to brake tension by saying something funny. Often I let that person go (after some fighting) if he too is in good mood. My last battle against french player ended by my group letting him and his t brigs go. We had little fun practicing demasting and that person then ask us politely to let him go, and we did. I chose to believe that I made a friend that day :lol:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Zoky said:

1. Huge self-sustained safezones for old farts

2. Huge disbalance among ships

3. Too long tag timers

4. Too accurate stern chasers

5. Too little rewards

6. Stupid unlimited repair system

7. Maginot line in many smaller regions

8. Too few free ports

9. Stupid ROE based on br

10. Stupid ROE in general

11. ...

and many more

1. The size of safe zones can always be tweaked but overall they should remain in place and be big enough that a player who wants to spend an hour in game can do so without having to constantly look over his shoulder. However there really needs to be more economic reasons to make players want to leave those zones.

2. Balance ships? Some work need to be done there with more accurate BR numbers. I would love to see each of the frigates have a legitimate roll.

3. No opinion.

4. If magical repairs was fixed/limited, I feel like stern chaser accuracy would be less of an issue. Seriously, if you are chasing a faster ship 1 v 1, he has a good point of sail, and open ocean in front of him, he should get away. Basically if someone wants to run and he’s fast, you’re gonna need to do massive damage to him in the opening minutes or he’s getting away.

5. A lot of rewards now. Do you mean higher rewards for PVP? The rewards available for PVP marks should stay very expensive and always be in the form of permanent mods. We don’t need the best PVP to sail around with super powers in every ship they own. Permanent mods are vulnerable which is a good thing.

6. Yep, repairs needs repairing. I believe the Devs realize this.

7. I assume this refers again to your problem with safe zones. Do what the Germans did, don’t attack them at the Maginot Line.

8. I’d be okay with a couple more free ports but don’t think it’s vital to the game with our current population.

9 and 10. To what stupid ROE are you referring?

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Captiva said:

Wraith nailed it.

A player should have control over which wood types he wants his ship to have so that it can be more speed oriented or tank oriented. He should have the option to install copper plating or not. He should have the option to install different sail qualities for speed,  or install optimized rudder and lightweight ropes and blocks; but that should it.

Player skill should be the overriding factor in PvP, not OP mods. 

Kids these days.

Mods don't make the difference, skill does.  I bet I could give you all the best mods in the game and I could go and fight you with no mods and win.  in the same ship you have.  PVP winners are dictated by skill not mods.  

• Like 1