Game-Labs Forum

Rum  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the way rum is implemented at the moment?

• Yes, I like the way it is
    • No, the amount of crew restored especially on large ships is too big
    • No, the cooldown for rum is too low
    • Other (explain pls)

crew losses are far too high in game ... reduce the amount of crew losses get rid of crew repairs altogether ... it will stop the stern rake meta ...

USS Constition v Hms Java battle lasted around 4 hours .. connie lost 9 killed and 57 wounded ... Java lost 22 killed 102 wounded

stern raking a ship and getting 50 -60 casualties at every pass .. is  ridiculous .so is the ships doctor been able to revive them all

Edited by Grundgemunkey

On 11/7/2017 at 6:07 AM, Grundgemunkey said:

crew losses are far too high in game ... reduce the amount of crew losses get rid of crew repairs altogether ... it will stop the stern rake meta ...

USS Constition v Hms Java battle lasted around 4 hours .. connie lost 9 killed and 57 wounded ... Java lost 22 killed 102 wounded

stern raking a ship and getting 50 -60 casualties at every pass .. is  ridiculous .so is the ships doctor been able to revive them all

There was also no rake performed in the Constitution vs Java.  Those were broadside exchanges.  And seeing as the HMS Java had 397 men on board, losing 124 of them is a BIG deal... that is 1 in 3 men injured or dead.   While the Constitution lost 66 men, out of 450. 

In the USS United States vs HMS Macedonia.  The USS United States, removed two of the masts of the Macedonia before the Macedonia could even bring its guns to bare.  The HMS Macedonia lost 114men (43 dead 71 wounded), the USS United States lost 12 men (7 dead, 5 wounded).

This is roughly 1 in 3 men on the Macedonia dead or wounded.

HMS Confiance vs USS Saratoga.  It lost 41 dead and 83 wounded.  It had been hit between 250-300 times by cannon shot, and countless grape.   It had a 7ft hole in the waterline from a shot that penetrated.  

For me the rum is absolutely horrendous.  I saw a player in a decent sized sluggish ship outplay a guy in a wassa despite being outmanouvered. The wassa however had a million bottles of rum and repairs and kept repairing and zombie rumming his crew. As a new player it looked unfair, wasn't " fun" and rewarded the less skilled player. The final nail in the coffin for me was when he boarded with less sailers. But then used rum again and magically got a few hundred more sailors again and then won the boarding...

I honestly don't see how anyone could see the rum as fun, promoting skill or fair. It rewards the guy who can stall the battle (faster ship) And who carries the most rum.

9 hours ago, Captain Pinky said:

The final nail in the coffin for me was when he boarded with less sailers. But then used rum again and magically got a few hundred more sailors again and then won the boarding...

The proponents call that skill in managing and timing rum/repairs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 hours ago, Captain Pinky said:

For me the rum is absolutely horrendous.  I saw a player in a decent sized sluggish ship outplay a guy in a wassa despite being outmanouvered. The wassa however had a million bottles of rum and repairs and kept repairing and zombie rumming his crew. As a new player it looked unfair, wasn't " fun" and rewarded the less skilled player. The final nail in the coffin for me was when he boarded with less sailers. But then used rum again and magically got a few hundred more sailors again and then won the boarding...

I honestly don't see how anyone could see the rum as fun, promoting skill or fair. It rewards the guy who can stall the battle (faster ship) And who carries the most rum.

Last time I tested, using rum in melee (boarding) does not replenish morale.  So if you are good you can still win and force them to surrender just by beating their morale to zero.

well we can call it : bandage and stitches or

medic tools and supplies :)

the use of rum is only needed by amputations

:blink:rum does not help crew for>   the ability to fight  again