Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 13 - Important port battle rule changes

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But that's exactly the point. There's no way to win as an attacker unless you sink ships since even an undermanned defensive force can sail through circles and delay your point accrual. Unless you can sink them (and with the repair mechanic that's increasingly difficult) you can't get points fast enough.

Yes but circles are also much smaller now so you are forced to fight if you want to stay in. And in that case you can sink enemies = you get points and enemy loses points. That means you can delay the win by cap for very long and then you probably have numbers advantage and its easy to win from there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Can anyone post the new BR PB limits and one port as example? Thx.

1700 became 2400, and all the multipliers of 1700 are now multipliers of 2400 - so largest ports have 9600.

Shallows are mostly 1250, but some are 2500.

I don't think flat out doubling is the best move for shallows.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But that's exactly the point. There's no way to win as an attacker unless you sink ships since even an undermanned defensive force can sail through circles and delay your point accrual. Unless you can sink them (and with the repair mechanic that's increasingly difficult) you can't get points fast enough.

Thinking out loud. If the defender is always running you can destroy all forts to get points, destroy their masts if they have ligh ships, gather all the fleet and go always together to conquer each circle (that depends on wind ofc...)...

Sounds VERY interesting! The new changes will hopefully make PBs even more into a strategical thing.

The Admirals will not only have to decide about ship types, but also about tactics to beat the enemy
either this or that way, or even with multiple strategies.

Edited by Wolfram Harms

51 minutes ago, admin said:

nassau is a very large port

I"m really surprised it's not another shallow that you can get deep water ships into like a few others cause of this.  

I would very much like to see a screenshot of a shallow PB featuring a deep water ship in it, given it still says "shallow water" on the port info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

According to today's API data

Nassau has limit BR 2500. This limit allow to enter 26 Mortar Brigs (BR 95) or 35 Rattlesnake Heavy (BR 70).

I don't understand why this port has so high BR limit? There are no 7-6 rates ships with BR more than 95.

Is it allow to use in PB for shallow water port 5-1 rates?

Niagara has 90 BR

10 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I'm pretty sure Niagara is 100 BR

90 BR

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Can anyone post the new BR PB limits and one port as example? Thx.

Deep

• Atwood - 2400BR
  • Lorimers - 4800BR
  • Grand Turk  - 7200BR
  • Nuevitas - 9600BR
  • Sant Iago  - 11000BR

Shallow

• Road Rocks 1250BR
  • Turtle Cay - 2500BR

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, qw569 said:

90 BR

Deep

• Atwood - 2400BR
  • Lorimers - 4800BR
  • Grand Turk  - 7200BR
  • Nuevitas - 9600BR
  • Sant Iago  - 11000BR

Shallow

• Road Rocks 1250BR
  • Turtle Cay - 2500BR

Greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

As a draw is a win for the defender, this system will bias defenders a lot 

And this is a very good thing, attackers have to surprise and/or to overwhelm defenders. Like in real life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Yes but circles are also much smaller now so you are forced to fight if you want to stay in. And in that case you can sink enemies = you get points and enemy loses points. That means you can delay the win by cap for very long and then you probably have numbers advantage and its easy to win from there.

But that's my entire point, defenders are not forced to stay in. Only a single ship at a time needs to be in each circle to prevent point accrual. One sails in chains on their way through... sails out and pops his repair... next sails in. Wash, rinse, repeat.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

But that's my entire point, defenders are not forced to stay in. Only a single ship at a time needs to be in each circle to prevent point accrual. One sails in chains on their way through... sails out and pops his repair... next sails in. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Honestly I would like to see a recording of defenders doing this against an equal foe and winning before i place judgment.

Because currently the attacker could take the circles and then kill the forts/towers and the 3 defenders that are causing issue...ultimately winning via points, even if it takes longer.

This is all theory crafting so i await for actual evidence.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Well then you sail towards the edge of the circle and kill every enemy trying to get in to contest it. Circle is much smaller now which is crucial (half of old size). We will have to see how it plays out but I dont see single ships going in and out of the circle without taking heavy dmg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Honestly I would like to see a recording of defenders doing this against an equal foe and winning before i place judgment.

Because currently the attacker could take the circles and then kill the forts/towers and the 3 defenders that are causing issue...ultimately winning via points, even if it takes longer.

This is all theory crafting so i await for actual evidence.

I agree, like I said it deserves testing. But crucially, defenders don't have to "win," they just need to not lose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

As a draw is a win for the defender, this system will bias defenders a lot 

Attacking means accepting the challenge in front of you. Do you think historically battles were balanced and s*it? Defenders do have upper hand in any battle. They sit and wait for you to come. Read The Art of War book. Attacker will always suffer greater loses during the first initial attack push. 

This means you always put tanked ships in front when charging and rotate them as line moves forward. Front Damaged fall back/repair - 2nd take the lead. Repeat. This creates unstoppable spear head. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Please devs, a BR and stats rebalance is badly needed to reach the FULL potential of this feature.

yes we indicated that in one of the next hot fixes we will address some stat rebalancing (including wasa) + ship BRs

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, admin said:

yes we indicated that in one of the next hot fixes we will address some stat rebalancing (including wasa) + ship BRs

...opens last bottle of old aged Whiskey. RIP Wasa...:D may you find peace with other 3rd rates. May light shine again on these old good driftwoods: Agamemnon (aka Shorty), Ingermanland (aka Old Russian), Constitution (aka Balls of Steel), Wapen (aka Cherry Poppin).

Edited by George Washington

Fantastic to hear that another port battle patch has been launced for the small bunch of elite-guys who still play the game.

What about playability for the average, common, casual player? 

4 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Fantastic to hear that another port battle patch has been launced for the small bunch of elite-guys who still play the game.

Im an average player who just like the game a lot.

4 minutes ago, fox2run said:

I suppose we are talking about Port Battles playability for the average, common and casual players, given it is the main motif of the thread.

With that in mind;

Captain, can you please explain better what you mean ?

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Thanks. Cant wait to enjoy that hotfix.