Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 13 - Important port battle rule changes

Captains
Patch has been deployed to live servers

• Deep water port battles now only accept ships of mortar brig and above (mb/cerberus and up)
  • BR limits for port battles rebalanced (mostly increased for deep water ports and decreased for shallow water ports)
  • Zone diameter reduced from 2km to 1.2 km to reduce efficiency of kiting on the edges the objective zones

IMPORTANT CHANGE: Victory conditions/points for captured zones

• Every port battle has 3 zones (objectives) that accumulate points if captured (as before)
      • Zones are still captured by the side that has more ships in the zone (as before)
      • But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ENEMY ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

Expected effects

• This means that you no longer need to have all the ships in the circle to win the objective.
    • You no longer need to brawl in the diameter of the objective.
    • You can maneuver normally around them and fight without the need to enter the zones.
    • You only need to send 1 ship to stop the points from ticking even if enemy has a numerical advantage (which still matters but matters less)
    • If enemy have capped the point with many ships (and your ship is blocking the zone) they must get you out of the zone to start getting points, promoting aggressive action (and not kiting)
    • Like 17

Seems like good changes.

HOWEVER, with some ships being absolutely overpowered and having the same BR as others of their same class, the people will always choose the same ships non stop.

Please devs, a BR and stats rebalance is badly needed to reach the FULL potential of this feature.

• Like 11

• But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

does this mean there has to be 2 ships in the captured zone or when the capturing ship sailes out of the capture zone > the accumulation stops 

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:
    • But the captured zone points don't accumulate if even a single ship is present in the objective (NEW FEATURE)

does this mean there has to be 2 ships in the captured zone or when the capturing ship sailes out of the capture zone > the accumulation stops 

single enemy ship
    Example
    3 cutters and enemy Bucentaure are present in the zone. 3 cutters still capture the zone as before (due to numbers) BUT they have to drive enemy bucentaure away from the zone (or sink her) for points to start ticking. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:

This means if a single enemy is in the circle you dont get points

• Like 3

I had my issues with these devs for a while.  but they keep hitting home runs now!  GOOD WORK!

just need to rebalance ship BR and PB's might become fun again.  (for me atleast, not a big fan of them currently).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Good patch, should make PBs more interesting again.

Next stop:

implement Liquicitys BR

fix rum

well at least more tactics are involved now, you need as a battle leader 2 extra squadron leaders to engage the enemy (you can not be in 3 places at the same time :)

Just now, Thonys said:

well at least more tactics are involved now, you need as a battle leader 2 extra squadron leaders to engage the enemy (you can not be in 3 places at the same time :)

Dont think much changes in that regard, the patch just forces you to fight for circles which probably means less but bigger ships in PBs.

Also thank god Lynx and other small shit ships are disabled for deep water pbs.

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Next stop:

implement Liquicitys BR

fix rum

I would prefer even the BR proposed by rediii. Liquicity one was very soft taking into account the great capabilities of the wasa and p frigate.

And not only rum, but most important all the repairs. So tired to see in tough battles how some ships came back full life as they have been repaired in a shipyard.

Edited by Intrepido
    • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Can u link it?

Not supposed to be used 1:1 though. I could make a better one with some time involved.

Just wanted to show how I would have to think twice if I take 2 frigates or a wasa etc.

I think liqs BR list is good for the low BR limit the tournament has but I think its not made for 25vs25 fleetengagements (big fleet battles favor high calibre)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Next stop:

implement Liquicitys BR

fix rum

and

fix hostility missions related to port BR

According to today's API data

Nassau has limit BR 2500. This limit allow to enter 26 Mortar Brigs (BR 95) or 35 Rattlesnake Heavy (BR 70).

I don't understand why this port has so high BR limit? There are no 7-6 rates ships with BR more than 95.

Is it allow to use in PB for shallow water port 5-1 rates?

Edited by qw569
    • Like 1

1 minute ago, qw569 said:

Nassau has limit BR 2500. This limit allow to enter 26 Mortar Brigs (BR 95) or 35 Rattlesnake Heavy (BR 70).

I don't understand why this port has so high BR limit? There are no 7-6 rates ships with BR more than 95.

I think you can use Niagaras and Cerbreus too.

It seems to me that with the single ship blocking point accrual that defensive port battles are essentially impossible to lose unless the team is doing something stupid. They were already too easy with the new mechanic. 

Please just go to BR-based circle capping.

6 minutes ago, qw569 said:

nassau is a very large port

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It seems to me that with the single ship blocking point accrual that defensive port battles are essentially impossible to lose unless the team is doing something stupid. They were already too easy with the new mechanic. 

Please just go to BR-based circle capping.

I would give it a go before being so sure.

You still can cap circles when you outnumber the enemy inside circles.

This change promotes very aggresive tactics from the attacker because the most important/priority thing now is to sink ships.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I would give it a go before being so sure.

You still can cap circles when you outnumber the enemy inside circles.

This change promotes very aggresive tactics from the attacker because the most important/priority thing now is to sink ships.

I agree it needs testing but tactically it still favors the defender heavily because circle capping is meaningless as long as you can have a string of smaller more maneuverable ships sailing into and out of the circle in succession. The attacker is still forced to chase while defenders are encouraged to kite and chain, rinse, repeat.

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I agree it needs testing but tactically it still favors the defender heavily because circle capping is meaningless as long as you can have a string of smaller more maneuverable ships sailing into and out of the circle in succession. The attacker is still forced to chase while defenders are encouraged to kite and chain, rinse, repeat.

But the circle dont give to the defender points when the attacker is inside.

The only way to win that battle is by time over. And well, if a circle cant be captured you send more ships.

In my view, a good compromise between powerful ships and numbers is going to be the common thing. But Im not as great tactician as others so probably Im wrong.

About kiting, the smaller circles should do something about it. The decrease was a big 40%...

Edited by Intrepido
    • Like 1

We need the BR of the ships reworked and if I may - a rebalance of some of the ships, the endymions sailing profile in particular but the L'Hermione, the wappen, the wasa and the bucentaure are either too high in BR or too low. The wasa ofc stands out but in general we need to get rid of the speed cap, many of the speed modules/knowledges, and some of the ships have ridicolous high speeds - especially the SoL's..

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

But the circle dont give to the defender points when the attacker is inside.

The only way to win that battle is by time over. And well, if a circle cant be captured you send more ships.

But that's exactly the point. There's no way to win as an attacker unless you sink ships since even an undermanned defensive force can sail through circles and delay your point accrual. Unless you can sink them (and with the repair mechanic that's increasingly difficult) you can't get points fast enough.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But that's exactly the point. There's no way to win as an attacker unless you sink ships since even an undermanned defensive force can sail through circles and delay your point accrual. Unless you can sink them (and with the repair mechanic that's increasingly difficult) you can't get points fast enough.

Lets test first. 

Also you all ignore the fact that its not increasingly difficult to sink someone with multiple repairs. How many kills had spain in the last pb vs gb? How many kills had sweden vs russia in grand turk? etc. etc.