Game-Labs Forum

I had to post this

GreasyMnky

@jodgi I was on the way to meet a group, saw the buc on OW, he was either following me or was heading the same direction, either way I slowed and tagged him, I knew I didn't have the BR but he tagged back, it was a far tag.

I stayed far at first, shooting sails, saw that even downwind I was faster then him and he could not range/hit me, since the battle closed I tried my luck and charged in after another missed broadside.

I managed to get right behind him with all my masts and proceeded to get rid of his rear armor (and the rear chasers) then of his crew, some were harder to reach, then I shot balls mostly to lower hull and chain to slow him, but the 4pd were not too effective. Prince turn rate and acceleration was perfect to not get myself in trouble and stay behind and close to him. To my surprise after about an hour the rear mast fell, I then pushed more on the upwind side everytime to make him try to shoot me, he got a mast which I was able to repair half of quickly so I was still able to handle the ship.

He had no repairs seemed like, and no rum.

10 minutes from the end he turned almost into the wind to try to shoot me again, he must not have been looking at the wind and focused on hitting me and was able to grapple him.

With marines on board it was not a problem to take and sink the ship.

42 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

wow

a 1v1 ?

I was told it was impossible !  Oh nvm, you are not using a Surprise, that's why :)

( spoken with very heavy ironic with a rash sarcastic accent )

@The Red Duke funny enough, I got praised by other brits on the same trip for not sailing a 5th rate or higher "like all pirates should" according to the brit. :D

Edited by GreasyMnky
typos
  • Like 6

@Thonys If only he had not turned into the wind he would not have lost his ship. There is no way a prince can force a turn on a buc alone.

@Eléazar de Damas The repairs are not the saving grace, doesn't take long to grape crew or remove rear armor. Even with full sails, if he points at the wind, (look at the wind angle on the screenshot) he would have slowed enough for me to initiate boarding.

Edited by GreasyMnky
grammar

9 hours ago, Thonys said:

well, gratulations...

but something is wrong  for sure

maybe rng or something else ,but this is not good! 

lets ask the buc captain where the ship went wrong

Among many things, the SOL need a buff to the turn rate.

1 hour ago, Rigs said:

Among many things, the SOL need a buff to the turn rate.

yes ,i would not say it , but i had the same idea also, its the turning what killed that ship..and acceleration probably 

12 hours ago, Thonys said:

yes ,i would not say it , but i had the same idea also, its the turning what killed that ship..and acceleration probably 

Lack of repairs vs. having repairs it's also a problem.

That seems to me a PvE ship.

Also, never turn a bigger ship upwind in general  more so against a smaller ship. In this instance Buc should point that ship at 135 deg. (90-120 deg no good) and Prince would not even keep up, get some distance and pound away from there, rinse lather repeat. Just some thoughts.

Edited by Rigs