Game-Labs Forum
admin

Port battle feedback - battles with BR limits

6 minutes ago, admin said:

no. staying in the circle will be less important. You can fight it out outside of the circles - you only need one ship in it to stop points from that circle from ticking

Hah...World of Warships says "Hello" :)

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Interesting enough, and given the possible arrangements of the order of battle to the port battles, from brigs up to admiral ship of the 1st rate, I see this as an opportunity to introduce new captains to the Conquest side of things.

That was already there before: Shallow port battles.

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

All I see is Russians getting salty for Swedes using a valid strategy to win the PB. "Swedes always running" "Swedes kiting" jajaja

It's absolutely hilarious to read after all of Graf's rants about being "strategic". Not a fan of their own medicine it seems.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Unbenannt.png

That was our setup a few hours after the PB got set.

kkthxbb git gud

Very interesting. You really take the game into a serious thing, I like it.

Hope we can see more valid options for PB ships in that doc.

Wasa, p frigate and Buc is a bit better than only wasas, but we will miss a good oportunity to finally balance the ships we have so far in the game.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

lets focus on mechanics.. avoid discussing people here.

Most important, together with the circle-cap-change is in my oppinion a rework of the ship BR to make frigates a valid choice by giving them less BR. At the moment they are not worth to take

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, admin said:

lets focus on mechanics.. avoid discussing people here.

I would rather see this mixed PB fleet thingy a bit longer in a game, without changing the PB mechanic as such.

Me personally not a big fan of PBs, but something tells me that everyone is p...ed about Swedes only for 1 reason. They calculated BR limitation better than others, and had SO FAR, the best mixture of firepower, speed and numbers in recent port battles.

So, let us wait for a while, see if other nations can count(sorry for being sarcastic), and do not change the PB mechanic, and maybe we are going to see nice battles soon.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

rather begin and help the russian empire to grow.

I wish. All my ships were in Grand Turk and I was away for the weekend. #swerg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Most important, together with the circle-cap-change is in my oppinion a rework of the ship BR to make frigates a valid choice by giving them less BR. At the moment they are not worth to take

I agree with this, while I disagree on different points that rediii has made, I believe that BR balance is absolutely needed.

The circle cap change is interesting and could help force engagements that is ultinately what I believe we like and want in port battles.

Another suggestion. To make organizing easier for non-excel freaks take a sum of BR in battlegroup and display it on the battlegroup for every member of battlegroup

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I wish. All my ships were in Grand Turk and I was away for the weekend. #swerg

We got outnumbered by the manpower of russia at the grand turk battle

Why not remove the circles, leave a base circle near the harbour?The attack fleet must destroy the enemy fleet or take the home base to win

Or, remove the circles and Introduce 2 or 3 AI Merchant ships(Troops transport) that are controller by a player(like the fleet´s player), and they must survive to the end of the battle and arrived to Harbour(realistic conquest harbour cities).

We all know that the 3 circles are useless right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D. Federico de Gravina y N said:

Why not remove the circles, leave a base circle near the harbour?The attack fleet must destroy the enemy fleet or take the home base to win

Or, remove the circles and Introduce 2 or 3 AI Merchant ships(Troops transport) that are controller by a player(like the fleet´s player), and they must survive to the end of the battle and arrived to Harbour(realistic conquest harbour cities).

We all know that the 3 circles are useless right now

What if the attacker shows up only in a single surprise and escapes upwind?

Just now, admin said:

3 circles forces you to split creating a lot more tactical depth and variability

Is there a chance to add or reduce the number of capture circles based on the size of the port? 

Major ports will have more capture zones under bigger forts?

Just now, Hodo said:

Is there a chance to add or reduce the number of capture circles based on the size of the port? 

Forts don't have enough range to cover circles anyways, no matter how they're placed.

The existence of Forts currently is detrimental for defenders, as it gives the attackers a source of easy points you can't really defend against while providing no benefit

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Another suggestion. To make organizing easier for non-excel freaks take a sum of BR in battlegroup and display it on the battlegroup for every member of battlegroup

That was suggested before by me. But admin hates me.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

3 circles forces you to split creating a lot more tactical depth and variability

I honestly think people need a ingame tool so they see the BR of the battlegroup.

Like @sveno I think the new system only makes the already organized even stronger. You saw a example yesterday.

• Like 2

Just now, D. Federico de Gravina y N said:

In these case, the attacker fleet lose the battle:mellow: or I didnt undertand you what you want to say

yeah but it loses the battle after almost 2 hours. That's a lot of time to tie up a PB defense fleet.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I would decrease the size, to avoid dirty kiting.

• Like 1

Just now, Quineloe said:

Forts don't have enough range to cover circles anyways, no matter how they're placed.

The existence of Forts currently is detrimental for defenders, as it gives the attackers a source of easy points you can't really defend against while providing no benefit

Good point.

Just now, Intrepido said:

I would decrease the size, to avoid dirty kiting.

That is an interesting option.   Smaller tighter circles on major ports to force the closer fight.

The fight already is forced. With smaller circles you just force everyone to manouver so they stay inside the circle. there was no kiting in recent battles except camp du roy because our setup wasnt able to fight the enemy setup in a brawl.

Before you change circles or circlesize etc. just wait for circle cap change. This will already eliminate kiting and probably even eliminate big groups of players (atleast in 1700 and maybe 3400 Br ports)

If you say grand turk was only won by kiting tell me why so many russians only survived the battle because we had so many points.

Don't change too much at once please.