Game-Labs Forum
admin

Port battle feedback - battles with BR limits

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

We captured all 3 circles at the beginning. How are you supposed to kill or scare away everyone before you lose the battle? It will not happen

I assume if you just get presence in one circle your opponent is holding, your opponent only gets the 2 points every 10 seconds that take forever to decide a PB? It's as if you're not holding the circle then.

22 minutes ago, admin said:

We found the potential compromise that will still promote the mixed fleet, but will also remove the desire to kite in light ships

Next hot fix will be applied in a day or 2

In it we will add

• Deep water battles will accept only cerberus and above
  • Points will not tick for captured zones if enemy is present in it. So even if you captured a zone by light ships with numbers, you will still have to push enemy away from the zones if you want those captured zones to get you points. 
  • BR limit will be somewhat increased for large ports and reduced for shallow water ports

Good.

ETA for new BR for ships?

22 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I assume if you just get presence in one circle your opponent is holding, your opponent only gets the 2 points every 10 seconds that take forever to decide a PB? It's as if you're not holding the circle then.

Oh yea missunderstood ... okay.

So now its not about numbers anymore but bringing wasas and bucces. and nothing else until BR shipchange is here.

However you limit pb experience to less players now while it is still a national effort to create and screen one.

wrong in rvr currently:

- br limits are in place but hostilitymissions didnt change

- hostilitymissions give the defender a huge disadvantage inside the mission

- screening is very easy as defender

- br of ships favor wasa and bucce above everything else

Edited by rediii
  • Like 6

Maybe making the circles smaller and closer together might help? There are huge distances between the 3 circles at times, and a ship should not be able to avoid being easily targeted when in a circle. I think your no capture points when occupied by an enemy ship is the best fix, and combined with the above will encourage engagements and reduce kiting as an overall tactic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

wrong in rvr currently:

- hostilitymissions give the defender a huge disadvantage inside the mission

- screening is very easy as defender

Add to that defending is way easier. 

You can see what the enemy brings and react.

Slow lineships? Bring fast frigates and say the other side was stupid for bringing slow ships.

The enemy brings frigates? Bring stuff to kill them and call them stupid for bringing frigates. 

Defender has a huge advantage in the current rock-paper-scissor, so redii, stop playing the all-wise know-it-all you think you are. You are destroying the game.

46 minutes ago, rediii said:

Please watch the grand turk pb from my perspective

We captured all 3 circles at the beginning. How are you supposed to kill or scare away everyone before you lose the battle? It will not happen

Capture will not be enough in a new system. You have to push out the ships out of the zone for this capture to start ticking points.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

wrong in rvr currently:

This needs urgent fixes as well.

Screening could be counter by bringing more players. An attacker should never attack a port when they lack numbers. (Call for foreign clan alliances).

Hostility missions serves as a warning. You wait the attacking fleet outside and thats it. Also your enemy have already spent repairs and rum while you are ready.

3 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Slow lineships? Bring fast frigates and say the other side was stupid for bringing slow ships.

The enemy brings frigates? Bring stuff to kill them and call them stupid for bringing frigates. 

Defender has a huge advantage in the current rock-paper-scissor, so redii, stop playing the all-wise know-it-all you think you are. You are destroying the game.

Attacking is easier since the 10 min timer at the beginning. You just dont realize it.

How exactly do I destroy the game? You dont even play it anymore

• Like 2

Frigates and other small ships are also useless because rum exists. It means that you cannot decrew an enemy effectively to weaken him (raking a bucentaure 2-3 times so he loses half his crew so he cant reload properly anymore and is prone to boarding). Right now they can just use rum after they got raked and they are fine again, while the frigate loses half his HP for the rake.

Gameplay for frigates was much better before the necromancer rum existed.

In a balanced game where each ship has its pros and cons you want to bring different ships with different attributes and tasks.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

We found the potential compromise that will still promote the mixed fleet, but will also remove the desire to kite in light ships

Next hot fix will be applied in a day or 2

In it we will add

• Deep water battles will accept only cerberus and above
  • Points will not tick for captured zones if enemy is present in it. So even if you captured a zone by light ships with numbers, you will still have to push enemy away from the zones if you want those captured zones to get you points. 
  • BR limit will be somewhat increased for large ports and reduced for shallow water ports

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Capture will not be enough in a new system. You have to push out the ships out of the zone for this capture to start ticking points.

In other words: you brawl it out. Not sure if with the current short repair time, the big circles and the slow point generation we will see any victories by points. I fear most battles will in end by "time over". in my opinion the circles need have a diameter of 450m or less. So you always have to be in gun range when in the circle.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

lets assume that we merge the servers and allow the clans to set the timers

No, we do not want even to assume this.

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

This is where the advantage favors the defenders the most with this system.  Hold 2/3 circles and kite with faster ships.  Attackers move in, defenders go to a new circle.  Can't sink what you can't catch

Not really, since apparently your faction did the mistakes : 1. not having enough ships

2. Not having enough ships results in "not being able capturing and HOLDING circles.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

In other words: you brawl it out. Not sure if with the current short repair time, the big circles and the slow point generation we will see any victories by point. I fear most battles will in end by "time over". in my opinion the circles need have a diameter of 450m or less.

Its not differant than the months of winning in swedish pbs. We took 1 circle and fought it out. Now you can fight it out inside a circle. There will be wins by points

3 minutes ago, Cortez said:

No, we do not want even to assume this.

Not really, since apparently your faction did the mistakes : 1. not having enough ships

2. Not having enough ships results in "not being able capturing and HOLDING circles.

they didnt even win the fight its just excuses.

Which is why they dont improve. They give sweden the fault because they did no mistakes ofcourse and dont search for mistakes they made.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quineloe said:

I remember calling this 12 hours ago, and being ridiculed by various high profile posters for doing so. Oh well...

Called it two weeks ago. :P And tried to raise the question a few days before that.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Frigates and other small ships are also useless because rum exists. It means that you cannot decrew an enemy effectively to weaken him (raking a bucentaure 2-3 times so he loses half his crew so he cant reload properly anymore and is prone to boarding). Right now they can just use rum after they got raked and they are fine again, while the frigate loses half his HP for the rake.

Gameplay for frigates was much better before the necromancer rum existed.

Also dont forget that the frigate can run and repair. A new ship for fast players every 12 mins.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Now you can fight it out inside a circle. There will be wins by points

no. staying in the circle will be less important. You can fight it out outside of the circles - you only need one ship in it to stop points from that circle from ticking

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Attacking is easier since the 10 min timer at the beginning. You just dont realize it.

Unless the attacker has a huge fleet of different ships nearby, your so-called 10 minute attacker advantage is a fake feature.

19 minutes ago, admin said:

no. staying in the circle will be less important. You can fight it out outside of the circles - you only need one ship in it to stop points from that circle from ticking

Reminds me Battlefield 4 conquest flag capture. If enemy is present in the zone you must kill him before capture resumes. Just make sure you freeze capture timer if enemy enters the zone and do not reset it. So, if I was at 50% and guy entered and then he sunk I only have 50% more to go. If he killed me and I had 50% he must wait until my 50% vanish and start from 0%. Very similar to world of warships as well. 

Also, make sure you assign color to each side. In World of warships they have red and blue I think. Would be nice to add timers like they have so all players see it and not just message saying 25% etc...

This is what we need so all players are aware what's going on in battle. 

iYtNwLX.jpg

mOZEhu8.jpg

Have Circle Names - ex. Nelson, Edmund, Edward. Each of them should have Symbol and timer similar to the one I posted above. This will help players find out what's happening in Port battle much easier.  

Edited by George Washington

19 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Unbenannt.png

That was our setup a few hours after the PB got set.

kkthxbb git gud

• Like 1

Interesting enough, and given the possible arrangements of the order of battle to the port battles, from brigs up to admiral ship of the 1st rate, I see this as an opportunity to introduce new captains to the Conquest side of things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Make circles smaller, especially for 1700 BR ports.

As long as the circle is small enough, kiting or avoiding combat won't be possible. Small and fast ships will be still important for chasing or travelling from A to B to support/reinforce/capture.

• Like 3