Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

9 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I have a suggestion if you wish to remove it. Make a pirate have to earn his way for this title. Make a pirate have to commit a dozen crimes to become a pirate and give the other nations a reason to hunt down pirates. Double their gold count, pvp mark count etc for attacking a pirate and killing them because they are criminals to their nation. Remove pirate as a nation and don’t make it available for the new guy who can’t even sail his ship to join “ hardmode” faction. Make it a bad thing to be a pirate in the game rather than log in to be a POTCO character.

We are satisfied with the pirate republic.  New mechanics always can cause problems and if they cause problems consistently they will get removed.  We tried outlaw thing 2 times and in both cases it was causing more problems that it was giving benefits.  

Remember when you could attack your own nation and turn pirate.. great mechanic for a single player game. Not so great for mmo. Because to work well it required a long questionnaire with multiple cancel opportunities.

Outlaw battles are gone - forever. I am focused on the tutorial and UI and figuring out how to make 1 server work.

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

First of all... Pirates should not be able to build any ship of the line. 

I cant find one documented case of a pirate sailing a "74" or bigger ship.   95% of all pirates sailed in Brigs, Schooners, or other "unrated" ships.   Teach had a 5th rate, but a "corvette" 5th rate, which would be akin to a Cerberus or a Renomee. 

And furthermore by this point in history (1770-1820) piracy was mostly dead in the Caribbean.   So the idea of the "Pirate Nation" is gone.   All of the pirates of note are all dead or retired by this point.

Well it's to late to make any changes to Pirate nation and remove any ships. It will simply make people quit, so instead we have to make an addition. Get it? 

Edited by George Washington

2 hours ago, admin said:

We can't patch human nature. thus = no outlaw battles. Lets not waste time on this anymore.

This is a good thing.  no more pirates hiding before port battles.

1 minute ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Exactly. 

17 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I have a suggestion if you wish to remove it. Make a pirate have to earn his way for this title. Make a pirate have to commit a dozen crimes to become a pirate and give the other nations a reason to hunt down pirates. Double their gold count, pvp mark count etc for attacking a pirate and killing them because they are criminals to their nation. Remove pirate as a nation and don’t make it available for the new guy who can’t even sail his ship to join “ hardmode” faction. Make it a bad thing to be a pirate in the game rather than log in to be a POTCO character.

I think that purchasing the game entitles everyone to play the game as they see fit. Personally, I have the same rights as the guy next to me,

I don't get to tell him what to do or just demand to change the whole game to my play style.

We need more players so the game needs to be more inclusive and not exclusive. I don't care if they POTCO characters, Master and Commander or any other role play for that matter, with the right attitude they might become NA Characters.

Edited by Rigs

14 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

Now my nation will be over run by carebears flying my banner.

aw poor Vile, self proclaimed king.

16 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

Your supposed to have to look over your shoulder 24/7 because your a wanted player.

is that why you abandoned the fight and joined ALOHA to protect you within 24 hours of wardec'ing PLANB? was looking over your shoulder 24/7 a bit taxing for you?

17 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

There is not supposed to be laws in pirate nation.

no laws but your laws - tax undock and harass new players out of the faction - pic very much related.

clsOdi0.jpg

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Well it's to late to make any changes to Pirate nation and restrict any ships. It will simply make people quit, so instead we have to make an addition. Get it?

He forgot it is a sandbox. You do what others allow you to do. Like North Korea building nukes. 

1 minute ago, John Cavanaugh said:

aw poor Vile, self proclaimed king.

is that why you abandoned the fight and joined ALOHA to protect you within 24 hours of wardec'ing PLANB? was looking over your shoulder 24/7 a bit taxing for you?

no laws but your laws - tax undock and harass new players out of the faction - pic very much related.

clsOdi0.jpg

1v1?

Just now, Vile Executioner said:

Don’t allow pirates to RvR. Make it historically correct.

Again its a sandbox. Pirates will do what others allow them to do. For example pirates cannot capture cartagena - but its not because they don't want to. But because Sweden does not let them or anyone to take it. 

4 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

How could they hide before port battles? Outlaw battles were open to anyone to join forever... National alt abuse, however, has always allowed this to occur and yet has never been addressed.

Just now, Wraith said:

How could they hide before port battles? Outlaw battles were open to anyone to join forever... National alt abuse, however, has always allowed this to occur and yet has never been addressed.

Bingo

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

you can sail in outlaw battles and sail very far so any joining would be useless.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

you can sail in outlaw battles and sail very far so any joining would be useless.

Again, how's is that situation any worse than using a national alt to do it?

2 minutes ago, admin said:

He forgot it is a sandbox. You do what others allow you to do. Like North Korea building nukes. 

No I just like some realism in my sandbox.  Especially if that sandbox claims to be based in history.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Significant changes

• New ship - Le Gros Ventre Refit, with swivels. The ship is available for pvp marks in the admiralty.
  • Outlaw battles have been removed - they were a cause of multiple exploits that unfortunately could not be fixed in a reasonable time. 

Fixes

• Minor changes for loot tables (some upgrades were dropping too much)
  • Fixed the bot distribution (some regions did not have enough bots)
  • Minor tunings for some upgrades (for example fixed bug for trim by the stern providing incorrect bonuses
  • Fixes of several bugs with ship trade that were not clearing the knowledge slots for the traded ships (creating confusion as they did not work if you did not have the skill yourself)

When I try to exchange combat marks for PvP marks in PvE I get this.. no blue print. 

20171101104636_1.jpg

Edited by Buba Smith

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Again, how's is that situation any worse than using a national alt to do it?

hiding in battles was not the main reason for removal. it was just one of them. the amount of complaints and confusion from the feature exceeded our desire to review and fix them. No more outlaw battles

don't like it - roll poland. They have no ports and can only live on what they can capture and hold. In fact no - i take it back. If you want daily pvp non stop? roll Britain on EU. PvP comes to you itself. You don't even need to sail away from the capital

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Outlaw battles are gone - forever. I am focused on the tutorial and UI and figuring out how to make 1 server work.

But all my moaning about outlaw battles disappearing will go away if you make one server work, so this is good news. :P 

3 minutes ago, Buba Smith said:

When I try to exchange combat marks for PvP marks in PvE I get this.. no blue print. 

20171101104636_1.jpg

PvP marks are granted for PVP activity. 

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Again its a sandbox. Pirates will do what others allow them to do. For example pirates cannot capture cartagena - but its not because they don't want to. But because Sweden does not let them or anyone to take it. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too here.    

If this is a sandbox, pirates (and other nations for that matter) should be able to attack others within their own nation.  If this were a sandbox game there would be no port timer restrictions and only 1 server.  This half in / half out of the sandbox stuff has been plaguing this game for months.