Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

Speaking of down wind sailing in a fore-aft rigged ship....

Why cant we have pole out sailing be a thing for them?

Stagsegel700en.gif

350px-Shrike-running.jpg

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Mind describing how the macro works?  No drama, just curious the advantage to using 1 button vs 2

1. Macro is very precise, does not commit human mistakes

2. It helps some people with multitasking and micromanagement (handle more operations/actions at the same time). Thus, they can focus more on aiming, shooting etc.

3. Some people are just lazy

8 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

1. Macro is very precise, does not commit human mistakes

2. It helps some people with multitasking and micromanagement (handle more operations/actions at the same time). Thus, they can focus more on aiming, shooting etc.

3. Some people are just lazy

Are we talking just like a 1 hit button to Auto Tack sails a certain direction?

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Are we talking just like a 1 hit button to Auto Tack sails a certain direction?

Yes, pretty much. You set a custom button for left manual turning or right manual turning.

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Yes, pretty much. You set a custom button for left manual turning or right manual turning.

Hmmm. I’d find that maybe less precise.   It’d come in handy dual boxing I guess.  

Less precise if you do more complicated manoeuvres than just going through wind or turning left and right. Controlling the speed, turning arc, reverse or forward motion, there are so many movements manoeuvres that simple macro would be too simple for me.

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Less precise if you do more complicated manoeuvres than just going through wind or turning left and right. Controlling the speed, turning arc, reverse or forward motion, there are so many movements manoeuvres that simple macro would be too simple for me.

You know you can double tap, A  and D for locked rudder? Same works for yards double tap Q,E Z,C  to lock the yard hard over. A macro you are describing will not work well do to varied turn rates of ships and a macro won't know when one sail is overturned.

1 minute ago, Coraline Vodka said:

You know you can double tap, A  and D for locked rudder? Same works for yards double tap Q,E Z,C  to lock the yard hard over. A macro you are describing will not work well do to varied turn rates of ships and a macro won't know when one sail is overturned.

macro is automatically adjusting yards every millisecond, thus giving it much better precision than any human control.

15 hours ago, Christendom said:

Mind describing how the macro works?  No drama, just curious the advantage to using 1 button vs 2

I got laptop with built in app in it. 

Q , C delay F or E , Z delay F ... you have to map all the keys that you are pressing into one button, so when you press it will repeat everything you did .

For example I start turning and hit Turn to right Macro , it is timed to do a perfect sail turn and reset when I reach 90 or I can reset myself with F when needed. It very fast, but takes time to get everything right. You will need to play with values until you find that perfect spot. 

Edited by George Washington

21 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I would only worry about macros doing it automatically. I know players using those right now.

I guess you only mean that for constant turns? Since you turn different in every ship and you need to adjust your sails most of the time midturn I dont think macros are viable since they slow you down. I guess we all know players that just hit Q and C to the max. Just makes them slower tho.

Cant realy see how macros are usefull there

Macros for manual sailing? No wonder some people are so bad at PvP... :ph34r:

Kidding aside, for anyone who doesn't have a disability, I fail to understand what is so hard about double tapping your rudder or sails key to fix them in max position? (Even that is inefficient and isn't good practice for eking out speed, but it surely is less hassle that using macros and will produce better results...)

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Kidding aside, for anyone who doesn't have a disability, I fail to understand what is so hard about double tapping your rudder or sails key to fix them in max position? (Even that is inefficient and isn't good practice for eking out speed, but it surely is less hassle that using macros and will produce better results...)

Yea that's what I was trying to figure out.  Seems like it would make you slower overall going through the wind.  

44 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I double tab the rudder and hit 1 button and I flip like a dream. Also, I don't want to develop disability using manual sailing in game, no thanks. :D

twisted-fingers-guy-ricketts.jpg

Edited by George Washington

8 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Seems like most players don't understand how macro works, heh.

I like the Rise of Flight per plane axis response graphs. Can I have a macro that works like that for the sails ?

I've never used macros for NA and I got no idea what Rise of Flight is :rolleyes: Actually sorry, I did use macro. I used it to buy/sell stuff in shop or craft, these that only can be done in small quantities like 16x Rudder Parts and I needed 1000...

Edited by Peter Goldman

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I've never used macros for NA and I got no idea what Rise of Flight is :rolleyes: Actually sorry, I did use macro. I used it to buy/sell stuff in shop or craft, these that only can be done in small quantities like 16x Rudder Parts and I needed 1000...

Something like this. I know some mouses might have it, dunno

DII-Roll.png

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

It's all fun and games until your fat stubby mechanic fingers hit the wrong keys....lol

20 hours ago, Hodo said:

Speaking of down wind sailing in a fore-aft rigged ship....

Why cant we have pole out sailing be a thing for them?

Stagsegel700en.gif

350px-Shrike-running.jpg

The F&A rigged ships in NA already have square sails for downwind sailing some more than others (Pickle, Prince). Having said that you used to be able to wing and wing before the change in controls to the foremast. IMO the topsail yard should have a separate control from the foresail.

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

I can't use manual sails for gunboat, ship is broken... @admin

Gunboat isnt even in the game anymore.  lol the tears would be epic if it were.

Edited by Hodo

3 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

The F&A rigged ships in NA already have square sails for downwind sailing some more than others (Pickle, Prince). Having said that you used to be able to wing and wing before the change in controls to the foremast. IMO the topsail yard should have a separate control from the foresail.

I used to do it with my Lynx before the patch.  But it doesnt help like it should.

18 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

I'd much rather disable the double tap mechanic and have locked rudder on seperate hotkeys. I have enough of those on my keyboard.

15 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

I like the Rise of Flight per plane axis response graphs. Can I have a macro that works like that for the sails ?

I'd get out my throttle quadrant and put foremast on throttle, main on prop and rudder on mixture. It might end up being a hassle but I'd love to try it out.