Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Let me get my pickaxe ready, I'm gonna open up a salt mine.

On another note, can you just remove the pirates as a nation? Operating out of free towns etc...

main_900.jpg

The salt, you and your buddies in Snow with alts abuse have contributed to this. Go back to your main. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rigs said:

The salt, you and your buddies in Snow with alts abuse have contributed to this. Go back to your main. ;)

We don't use alts.... Why bother?

Or are you referring to the fact that we kill people on both Global and EU?

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

@admin No outlaw battles? Why on earth would you remove them?! Not one person complained about them in a capacity that didn't also apply to foreign nation alts, and it was the only mechanic that set pirates apart?

We can't patch human nature. thus = no outlaw battles. Lets not waste time on this anymore.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

We don't use alts.... Why bother?

Or are you referring to the fact that we kill people on both Global and EU?

You have not played any objectives as a pirate but have created a clan of pirates alts called Snow on Global just to exploit the reinforcement zones and disrupt the pirate nation.

You were a pirate screening for nationals and tagging pirates going to port battles.

Plain and simple, you have set a trend for others to come exploit the outlaw mechanic hence cascaded into this.  

Like I said go back to your national main and play the game as intended.

Don't play coy. Be a man, own up to it, maybe learn something and move on.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rigs said:

You have not played any objectives as a pirate but have created a clan of pirates alts called Snow on Global just to exploit the reinforcement zones and disrupt the pirate nation.

You were a pirate screening for nationals and tagging pirates going to port battles.

Plain and simple, you have set a trend for others to come exploit the outlaw mechanic hence cascaded into this.  

Like I said go back to your national main and play the game as intended.

Don't play coy. Be a man, own up to it, maybe learn something and move on.

 

 

 

Ahhh you're one of those. Pirates aren't a "nation" and shouldn't be treated as one. It's bad for the game having pirates as they are especially how it is on Global.

Well it's certainly not me screening for port battles. I haven't been on in over a week and now that mechanic is gone it's unlikely I'll return except when things are really slow on EU.

It's not an exploit as far as I know. The outlaw battle was supposed to allow pirates to attack each other because they're well, pirates. That seems, at least to me to be the game's intention.

I make no secret to being a pirate and going onto Global just to kill pirates. It's always been an outlaw battle though not joining missions as some pirates have done on EU.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Wraith said:

@admin No outlaw battles? Why on earth would you remove them?! Not one person complained about them in a capacity that didn't also apply to foreign nation alts, and it was the only mechanic that set pirates apart?

Maybe from players possibly farming PvP marks. The only other reason would be a certain player using his alt to attack pirates in reinforcement zone so they could join in without the pirate having reinforcements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

 

Ahhh you're one of those. Pirates aren't a "nation" and shouldn't be treated as one. It's bad for the game having pirates as they are especially how it is on Global.

Well it's certainly not me screening for port battles. I haven't been on in over a week and now that mechanic is gone it's unlikely I'll return except when things are really slow on EU.

It's not an exploit as far as I know. The outlaw battle was supposed to allow pirates to attack each other because they're well, pirates. That seems, at least to me to be the game's intention.

I make no secret to being a pirate and going onto Global just to kill pirates. It's always been an outlaw battle though not joining missions as some pirates have done on EU.

The outlaw mechanic was there to settle some differences and a good way to teach new guys how to fight not to disrupt the nation.

The outlaw mechanic was put there not to just gank new players in the reinforcement zones or going into port battles. 

Last time you and your buddies tried that against some that were not new to the game and got stomped so you quit.   

What do you think happened to the new players that you aggravated all along? Based on your own attitude your whole purpose was just to make them quit or switch nation.

What's done it's done, let's move on, I wish your best in your future endeavours. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, admin said:

We can't patch human nature. thus = no outlaw battles. Lets not waste time on this anymore.

You can punish players for clearly abusing game mechanics for once. There are multiple Tribunal cases none of which enforce abusing alts or two nations attacking each other that are working together to escape the third nation then calling green on green. You can fix human nature by telling players to stop. Pirates love outlaw battles and because of someone in another nation you removed it from us :huh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

strange....last time i saw ppl abusing the system it was made by pirates to prevent getting killed by another nation...

i understand both views but dont make it look like, that everyone else than pirates are responsible for the deactivation of outlawbattles... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

@admin No outlaw battles? Why on earth would you remove them?! Not one person complained about them in a capacity that didn't also apply to foreign nation alts, and it was the only mechanic that set pirates apart?

Actually people did complain... several did in fact.  But the issue wasnt with the battles themselves but the people abusing them.

And as someone else said.  If Tribunals were actually enforced and punishment was done instead of just tapping them on the hind end and saying "bad boy" then letting them continue to abuse it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord Gud said:

You can punish players for clearly abusing game mechanics for once. There are multiple Tribunal cases none of which enforce abusing alts or two nations attacking each other that are working together to escape the third nation then calling green on green. You can fix human nature by telling players to stop. Pirates love outlaw battles and because of someone in another nation you removed it from us :huh:

You know the saying, that's why we can't have good things. We are all creatures of habits and the only way to really stop someone giving into their nature is to ban them, which means less players.The least time consuming and detract from more important projects without affecting negatively the player base furthermore is to error proof things as much as you can do. Just my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, troody said:

strange....last time i saw ppl abusing the system it was made by pirates to prevent getting killed by another nation...

i understand both views but dont make it look like, that everyone else than pirates are responsible for the deactivation of outlawbattles... 

How? Actually it was the opposite, pirate tagged another pirate just for the nationals to join in and kill the pirate. It was a case of a pirate alt. That in reinforcement zones too.

Edited by Rigs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing @admin, one of the very few things that made pirates unique is now gone.  Back to being just a regular national.  Should give us another set of forged papers.  I know I went pirate just so we could do inter - nation clan wars.  

How about punishing the abusers or exploiters instead of punishing the rest of us that use outlaw battles correctly.  You have several unaddressed tribunal posts.  What about those?  All you had to to do was make it so no outlaw battles could occur in the reinforcements zones.  Instead you just took the lazy route.

You have a lot of very unhappy pirates right now.

 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Very disappointing @admin, one of the very few things that made pirates unique is now gone.  Back to being just a regular national.  Should give us another set of forged papers.  I know I went pirate just so we could do inter - nation clan wars.  

How about punishing the abusers or exploiters instead of punishing the rest of us that use outlaw battles correctly.  You have several unaddressed tribunal posts.  What about those?  All you had to to do was make it so no outlaw battles could occur in the reinforcements zones.  Instead you just took the lazy route.

You have a lot of very unhappy pirates right now.

 

Where to next? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying, as suggested before, there still is the possibility to add an outlaw pirate faction with it's unique features for the more seasoned players ;)

Edited by Rigs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Very disappointing @admin, one of the very few things that made pirates unique is now gone.  Back to being just a regular national.  Should give us another set of forged papers.  I know I went pirate just so we could do inter - nation clan wars.  

How about punishing the abusers or exploiters instead of punishing the rest of us that use outlaw battles correctly.  You have several unaddressed tribunal posts.  What about those?  All you had to to do was make it so no outlaw battles could occur in the reinforcements zones.  Instead you just took the lazy route.

You have a lot of very unhappy pirates right now.

 

They can add pirate refits that Nationals can't have and also raids. These 2 will make Pirates unique. Outlaws were abused too much , thanks to scared to go pvp people, so alt gank instead. There is time for everything. 

Edited by George Washington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, George Washington said:

They can add pirate refits that Nationals can't have and also raids. These 2 will make Pirates unique. Outlaws were abused too much , thanks to scared to go pvp people. 

Special refits and ships can be had via alts.  We've been asking for raids for over a year......they ain't coming.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Special refits and ships can be had via alts.  We've been asking for raids for over a year......they ain't coming.  

Can only be used on _PIRATE_ nation. In other words only pirates can sail such ships. Simple restriction can make Pirate Nation epic. 

or there could be a penalty to stats when used on National alt. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Christendom said:

Special refits and ships can be had via alts.  We've been asking for raids for over a year......they ain't coming.  

Hell I have been asking for real pirate mechanics for almost 2 years... I gave up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Hell I have been asking for real pirate mechanics for almost 2 years... I gave up.

Most have.  Outlaw battles weren't the best, but at least it was something that made being pirate riskier than being a national.    

But it seems the devs take the lazy route and just cut off a foot to fix a broken toe.  Much like in the duper scandal a few months back....instead of dealing with the culprits they just wiped everything and said move along.  It's lazy.  Why even bother putting up tribunals.  Very disappointing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Can only be used on _PIRATE_ nation. In other words only pirates can sail such ships. Simple restriction can make Pirate Nation epic. 

I agree. Add the raids as well and we good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×