Game-Labs Forum
Flash Jack

Numbers rising again

It's good to see recent patches have not only stabilised the player base but the numbers are on the rise again!

650 + in the evenings. Plenty of open world PvP.

Life is getting better....slowly.ūüĎć

whats rising is always falling later
please stop worrying about numbers. there is always pvp around free towns ;)

1 minute ago, admin said:

Like always: manage your expectations ^^

1 hour ago, admin said:

please stop worrying about numbers. there is always pvp ganking around free towns ;)

Right now its very hard to get fair battle. Is it possible to create 1 vs 1 zone around one of free port ?

• Like 1

I am not worrying about Numbers.. ..but surely it's good that they are going the right direction again.

Ah well. Puts hands in pockets, shrugs and walks away shaking head.ūü§Ē

5 hours ago, admin said:

Not true.

Sailed around Tumbado, and Shroud Cay on the EU server on primetime EU time and saw 2 people... both in Basic cutters. 

Yep... loads of people.

On 11/1/2017 at 4:04 PM, Hodo said:

Not true.

Sailed around Tumbado, and Shroud Cay on the EU server on primetime EU time and saw 2 people... both in Basic cutters. 

Yep... loads of people.

come to La Tortue, what the hell are you doing  there!

• Like 1

Content is what needs rising. Not people. Patience is not eternal and one day even after all that hard work it could be too late. Game fate is in Devs hands and only their decisions will write the begging and the end of their story.  

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

well the numbers are falling again 

mostly done by de damage of the op wasa (vasa) and the old pvp marks, and notes

also found out that the wasa had a crew of 143 sailors and 300 soldiers(instead of 550)

the ship had other guns mostly howitzers kind of guns 550 lbs total (and now  an overrated firepower)

and due to construction also a very bad boarding ship

also the ship should do more  heeling due to construction 

historically seen a big fake ship in the game...

hope the devs will tune the ship fast..otherwise its not the ship but the game whats going to flip on her maiden voyage 

Edited by Thonys

Well I'm super bored. I sailed for 3 hours yesterday around Antilles and I haven't seen a single French or Swedish player outside of safe zone. In fact I was so bored that I was sailing afk to Aves when I was jumped by gank squad. Luckily for me they were newbies :P

3p78diX.png

wRxdRJc.png

Please kick every one above 6th rate from safe zone. If they sailing 5th rate and above and still don't know how to protect themselves then they should go to the PvE server. #makePvPgreatAgain

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Well I'm super bored. I sailed for 3 hours yesterday around Antilles and I haven't seen a single French or Swedish player outside of safe zone. In fact I was so bored that I was sailing afk to Aves when I was jumped by gank squad. Luckily for me they were newbies :P

3p78diX.png

wRxdRJc.png

Please kick every one above 6th rate from safe zone. If they sailing 5th rate and above and still don't know how to protect themselves then they should go to the PvE server. #makePvPgreatAgain

Sure ... just to kill the game down to 200 players in prime time on PVP EU like it happened after the infamous "summer mega patch".

You got your PVP marks and exclusive rewards, but no ... you just never learn the lesson that open world PVP players are a minority in any MMO game that includes PVP (that is not Arena and/or MOBA) and that - therefore - if the game wants to survive there shall be room to carebears to play their game also in PVP servers.

Edited by victor

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

A few players farming on hundreds of sheeps, will work great without safezones! Sheeps will play even more when getting farmed on a regular base! /s

"Sheeps will play even more ?????

may i ask on what server your on , because i cant  find the fantasy server ( PVF server) for this game

if you play a game what has on a certain point, no explainable balance ...people leave and think fuk it , even players who swallow a lot, will at some point throw up, and throw away what they have in their hands. when players like sheep cant run , they become kebab sandwich  or when players in any other ship cant catch the overpowered speed bunkers with the fastest Endymion they are going  to dismantle not only that ship but also their believe 

i see the pvp marks in the current form as the dubbing upgrade we had before ,if not addressed, the breakdown is not only imminent but also disastrous and sudden...

address the vasa and the pvp marks

before it is already too late....

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Yup, those safe zones are a joke.

well the idea is good, but you see them everywhere.....

and that is to much....

reduce it with 75%(ports) and make those zones at major ports where a defense fleet is obvious (and where rookies and small trade captains are found in general)

give it balance

or only defense zones when a fleet is in the neighborhood of the port sailing around in ow (and not a static defense zone with invisible ships )

Edited by Thonys

On 1-11-2017 at 10:28 AM, admin said:

well,.. do you see that explosion behind you..

if you ignore it,  i may look cool ...

but actually,  it isn't...

now is the time ...to open your eyes...turn and take the night watchman 

"the watch on a doomed ship is always full of surprises" :)

On 04/11/2017 at 3:32 PM, George Washington said:

Content is what needs rising. Not people.

What an odd thing to say...

So, why do we think numbers are falling?

9 hours ago, Thonys said:

well the numbers are falling again 

mostly done by de damage of the op wasa (vasa) and the old pvp marks, and notes

One hypothesis

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

PVP marks are ruining the game, just like last time.  PLEASE REMOVE THEM

Two...

8 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

There are no enjoyable team fihts anymore in this game, just 1v1-s, ganks.

For team fights players have to sail hours, and its not sure they get it.

Three...

2 hours ago, victor said:

if the game wants to survive there shall be room to carebears to play their game also in PVP servers.

Four...

There you have it, devs! It's clear what needs to be done.

Those who like pvp are frustrated when it's hard to find or is of questionable quality.

Those who like pve thinks more players would stay if they had more "content" to play with.

Those who like pvp don't like that players have ways of avoiding or escaping pvp (simplified).

Those who like pve are afraid PVE players will be chased off by aggressive ow hunters (pvp'ers).

All my time here on the forum there has been this apparant conflict of interest between pvp and pve players, both groups believe if their wishes are granted the server population would remain healthy. Right now I see posts from pve-content dudes saying the game is geared towards pvp'ers and pvp'ers feel we're playing a pve OW.

"EVE is a pvp game and so is NA!"

"I like both pvp and pve, both playstyles should be viable in NA OW"

Sounds good, right?

The best sandbox game in the world taught us this:

EVE+NPC+Kill+Ratio+Graph.png

EVE+Average+Play+Session+-+Rubicon+to+Kr

This is what happens when you introduce carebear and eco and pve stuff; It simply takes over.

Nosygamer:

Surprised?  According to the results, players kill an NPC on average every five to six minutes.  Killing another player's ship?  The average player in EVE doesn't kill another player's ship during an average play session.

Sound familiar?

We need to be realistic about economy, pve content and OW as a pvp experience. Maybe OW works best when catering to pve-content players and those special 10 to 1 pve/pvp ratio type um... "pvp" players?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thonys said:

"Sheeps will play even more ?????

may i ask on what server your on , because i cant  find the fantasy server ( PVF server) for this game

if you play a game what has on a certain point, no explainable balance ...people leave and think fuk it , even players who swallow a lot, will at some point throw up, and throw away what they have in their hands. when players like sheep cant run , they become kebab sandwich  or when players in any other ship cant catch the overpowered speed bunkers with the fastest Endymion they are going  to dismantle not only that ship but also their believe 

i see the pvp marks in the current form as the dubbing upgrade we had before ,if not addressed, the breakdown is not only imminent but also disastrous and sudden...

address the vasa and the pvp marks

before it is already too late....

Sarcasm... You see it or you don't, you didn't see the /s 

On 11/13/2017 at 4:39 AM, jodgi said:

What an odd thing to say...

So, why do we think numbers are falling?

One hypothesis

Two...

Three...

Four...

There you have it, devs! It's clear what needs to be done.

Those who like pvp are frustrated when it's hard to find or is of questionable quality.

Those who like pve thinks more players would stay if they had more "content" to play with.

Those who like pvp don't like that players have ways of avoiding or escaping pvp (simplified).

Those who like pve are afraid PVE players will be chased off by aggressive ow hunters (pvp'ers).

All my time here on the forum there has been this apparant conflict of interest between pvp and pve players, both groups believe if their wishes are granted the server population would remain healthy. Right now I see posts from pve-content dudes saying the game is geared towards pvp'ers and pvp'ers feel we're playing a pve OW.

"EVE is a pvp game and so is NA!"

"I like both pvp and pve, both playstyles should be viable in NA OW"

Sounds good, right?

The best sandbox game in the world taught us this:

EVE+NPC+Kill+Ratio+Graph.png

EVE+Average+Play+Session+-+Rubicon+to+Kr

This is what happens when you introduce carebear and eco and pve stuff; It simply takes over.

Nosygamer:

Sound familiar?

We need to be realistic about economy, pve content and OW as a pvp experience. Maybe OW works best when catering to pve-content players and those special 10 to 1 pve/pvp ratio type um... "pvp" players?

Hence the overwhelming success of EVE compared to the struggle to stay afloat of NA.

Let's be real here...carebears and casuals in well-developed games outnumber hardcore PvPers by a large margin. Devs are in business to make money, not please a handful of people who have spent months or years honing their skills. Not trying to belittle anyone who has put the time in to acquire the skill set, just laying out the truth.

• Like 4

And to be fair, there is pvp in eve online and it's fairly simple to find where it is, as opposed to NA where there is no "heat map." 

I love Eve Online, but I won't be so daft as to deny that the majority of my time playing it was done killing NPCs or mining or what have you, but I did pvp and was able to find it every time I decided to go looking for it.

• Like 1

You cant just reduce it to PvP vs PvE. Eve hired experts for economics. In eve it takes years to max out a character, and weeks to build a single large ship. Eve offers depth and complexity. If eve would have asked players how fast they want progress to be, it most likely wouldnt be nearly as successful. Designing a thoughtful game is working, thats what eve should teach us. 

Take the early WoW when it wasnt focussed on end game content. Lvl 60 took month, many players never reached it. In NA 90% players are max rank while there is no motivating end game. Thats simply bad game design. Comparing very basic mechanics of NA with those of such successful games is a joke. 

NA is a bad sandbox game for several reasons and PvE content would not change that. Eve has lots of PvE content, but it also has working PvP mechanics and a complex economy  motivating all kind of gameplay. As long as NA offers none of these PvE content should be least important.

• Like 1

EVE became a joke I played for 10 years, the players where given 00 sec space to fight in and the vast majority would rather make peace with their neighbours and turn it into a giant safe zone, and yet still whine about the official  safe zones for new players.

Quite often half the entire world map was allied or had some non aggression pact. It was that bad many would have to leave the pvp area to go to high sec just to get some ganks because it was not allowed because all the so called big pvp boys would rather not fight each other.

I think NA is ten times better than the EVE I left.