Game-Labs Forum
William  Death

Bring Back the Shot Log CTRL + L

Bring shot log back  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should the shot log be brought back?

Is there any chance of bringing the shot-logger back?

I know I used it a lot, and I think others did too. I'd really like to see it implemented again. I'll repost what I put in the patch notes thread:

Why did you remove it? We don't have a way to tell if our guns are doing damage to the enemy ship: you can watch it with the spyglass and see it strike the ship and leave a mark, but did it penetrate and do damage? Even if you register a hit on the top of the screen "hull 1x" it doesn't necessarily mean you did any meaningful damage. Pressing ctrl+L was the way to tell if the shot penetrated and did a decent amount of damage. I don't care that the exact damage values might have been off, it is the fact that you could tell whether or not you were actually doing the damage at all that mattered.

Until we get a damage model that visually shows how much damage you are doing (as in, bits of the ship actually go missing when you hit the ship), we need the shotlogger. Since I doubt we'll see damage graphics like that, at least not for a long time, please put the shotlogger back in.

What does everyone else think?  @admin could you shed some light on why it was removed please?

• Like 1

I think removing it was unnecessary...but at the same time I never really used it. Pretty much every time I remember using it was to see if I could catch someone with "Green on Green" damage.

Would I want it back? Sure, yeah.

Do I care that it is gone? honestly not really.

Any competitive hardcore player that I know have been using this tool.
It should be returned. In fact later on it needs to be redone properly and made official damage done - damage received log.
I have been using it all the time. It also allowed us to test true angles and see whats bounced and whats not.

Chain being shown as ball sometimes is reason enough for it to come back. Sometimes you had to use the logger to realize you were being chained.

• Like 4

Captains

We know it was used, but shot logger was an internal testing tool. We are sorry but it had to be removed for several reasons not related to gameplay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, randommexi said:

Chain being shown as ball sometimes is reason enough for it to come back. Sometimes you had to use the logger to realize you were being chained.

The amount of time I laughed at someone shooting my sails with ball but then seeing my sails get shredded... :blink::o

• Like 2

I prefer the logger not being there.  It was mostly used to check mast penetration (offensive and defensive).

Captains with mechanics knowledge will still be able to tell if opponent is using mast/penetration upgrades but it will take longer to know than 1 mast hit.

• Like 1