Game-Labs Forum

What happened?????

Steve Easley

I tried the Union and got slaughtered by over whelming forces so I switched to confederate. OK....I have several small wins and one draw and next it is Shiloh...it takes just about an hour to progress to the Union entrenchments, I have one brigade inside their works, my cavalry is still playing havoc in their rear taking up valuable resources, I have Jackson and his reinforcements, several cavalry and artillery units pounding the Union center. AND I am INSIDE the walls and a straight shot to their center...THEN! I get a new window that says.."Next Day...click to continue". So...I click and what the hell do I find? NO Jackson in sight...all his forces vanished....ALL my cavalry is gone..ALL my artillery is gone.. I have only six brigades left on the filed and I am NOW facing  more than 14 or 15 Union brigades to my front...not to mention I am about a half a mile AWAY from the objective!?!?? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???? Is this a bug or did you guys do this to just screw with our heads???? Because it AIN'T funny!!!! Don't get me wrong I love this game but GEESH fellas....give me a break!

Jackson at Shiloh, whoa! :D Nah, I know you got him at Bull Run, still historically amusing, Old Blue Light in the West... Afaik at Shiloh if you do not capture Pittsburgh Landing on 1st day, 2nd day commences, don't know the Order of Battle there, as never happened to me (apart from union campaign ofc), but historically 2nd day at Shiloh was a steady CSA retreat, so maybe a part of forces left already... dunno. 

The rigid nature of the battles can be frustrating, even when you know how it works.

In my current BG Confederate campaign I managed to size both VPs at Nashville Pike on Stones River on the first day - yet we went to a second day where I had to retake that position at great loss of life (I have only the assault on Washington left in the campaign so that Stones River debacle is currently my costliest victory at 27000 casualties - to 31000 for the Union - we will see if it is still my bloodiest after I have taken Wsahington!).