Game-Labs Forum

Dear Devs,

you tuned the turn rate of some 4th rates and thus tryed to reballance the relation of these 4th rates compared to the Wasa i guess!?

I like that motive and intention! :)

BUT by doing this you create an imballance:

Now the 4th rates turn as well or even better than 5th rates!

PLEASE return to the old turn rates and INSTEAD depower the Wasa!

Chreers!

Navalus

• Like 4

huh..

and make snails of the 4 rates again 

no thanx 

speaking of ballance: go flip in your own harbor.... pha....."But  by doing this  you create an imballance:"....

EDIT: my apologies for the insult

Edited by Thonys

10 minutes ago, Thonys said:

huh..

and make snails of the 4 rates again 

no thanx 

speaking of ballance: go flip in your own harbor.... pha....."But  by doing this  you create an imballance:"....

lets not bash players for suggestions 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, admin said:

Maybe consider nerfing Wasa turnrate or armor but please don't nerf its speed... maybe even remove its 32pd guns? I think it should be like a 3rd rate that can hunt down frigates on OW with its speed and chasers. Make it an alternative to Bellona in OW, where you trade broadside weight for more chasers. Nerf anything on the Wasa but please not the chasers or speed... it's what makes it viable in OW. I'd rather have Wasa be a glass cannon or maybe maximum 24pd guns on the main deck, than it being slow rendering the chasers less useful...

1 hour ago, admin said:

I have been keep asking this:

Could you or somebody please provide the specifics/numbers for the new turn rates?

Edited by Rigs

Lower the speed of the Wasa as it is a SoL, the Agamemnon was a Razee and the Connie a heavy frigate - so nerf their turn rate but keep their speed lvls.. And nerf the armor on the wasa as well.. 32pds gundeck with its current speed and turnrate simply makes it the weapon of choice for all situations..

16 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Lower the speed of the Wasa as it is a SoL, the Agamemnon was a Razee and the Connie a heavy frigate - so nerf their turn rate but keep their speed lvls.. And nerf the armor on the wasa as well.. 32pds gundeck with its current speed and turnrate simply makes it the weapon of choice for all situations..

HMS Agamemnon was not a "razee".  It was a 4th rate Ship of the Line, or a 64.

The Indefatigable was a "razee".  

• Like 1

Why not make it more representative of 64s as a whole, they had neither the speed not the punch of a 74 which is why they became obsolete, As 50 gun frigates replaced their lighter duties and 74s made their heavier uses redundant.

Wasa is crazy overpowered, especially compared to historical values, just because a ship of her class was for a period armed with 32lbs doesn't mean she should be, she should be a 24lb 60 gun 4th rate while Agamemnon should be a fair bit slower in general and constitution should have a notably worse turn rate than Bellona.

Please balance with typical values not exceptional, it's like the 15kn 24lb frigate issue again and again :(

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Why not make it more representative of 64s as a whole, they had neither the speed not the punch of a 74 which is why they became obsolete

Yet it was little HMS Agamemnon who engaged the Santisima at Trafalgar:

Once engaged, she was firing both batteries, eventually pounding the great Spanish four-decker Santísima Trinidad until that ship was dismasted and, with 216 of her complement dead, struck her colours. (from Wikipedia)

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

HMS Agamemnon was not a "razee".  It was a 4th rate Ship of the Line, or a 64.

The Indefatigable was a "razee".  

Right forgot about that.. Still doesn't change my point..