Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 13: Variability in port battles, epic events, swivel guns

9 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I just hope that 2lb guns addition imitating svisels will have much shorter range than normal guns.

they will work as 4lb guns but with lower penetration, but they will have a bonus to crew damage (so aim at the unprotected areas on the gun deck or fire through stern)

• Like 4

Omg.

I. Love. You.

Can't wait for hotfixes!

so current BR line is as such?

1,700 - 3,400 - 5,400 - 6,800 - 8,500 ?

I think that's a good spread

EDIT: Are all ships allowed in all port battles? for example, is a Niagara allowed in the Shallow water ports now?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

Finally, a patch which looks awsome with limited br in PB! So many Months i was looking for!

Hard to wait this evening to see changes and to test later a "New" PB.

Thx!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

We need a Port Battle change:

Circle control should be achieved via BR superiority, not numbers.

This is a must.

We already discused it in another thread and it is a needed and reasonable change. If not, 25 cutter could ruin good PBs.

• Like 5

Just now, Knobby said:

so are larger ships now allowed to enter shallow PB (if they can actually get there)?

Yes, I was about to join this former 4th rate PB in a santi, until we noticed how low the BR was.  it is now a quantity vs quality type of PB.

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Yes, I was about to join this former 4th rate PB in a santi, until we noticed how low the BR was.  it is now a quantity vs quality type of PB.

Further on to this, I believe Shallow Water ports do have a limit that doesn't allow 5th rates or higher to enter - although haven't tested it

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

Some shallow ports got 6k BR limits

I noticed - although I wonder if the ships will even have access to get into the area for it

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

It is now a quantity vs quality type of PB.

I don't think its quantity vs quality. The goal was to promote mixed fleets and variety. I believe it will be achieved as having 10 santisimas no longer guarantees HMS victory.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I noticed - although I wonder if the ships will even have access to get into the area for it

Warrant a review of the Bahamas, that's for sure... :P

• Like 4

Just now, Teutonic said:

Sure they will. George's Town, Ragged Cay and few other shallow Bahamas ports can dock deep water ships.

@admin is it intended? Why these ports have a shallow status? I do believe there should be way more shallows around Bahamas, it is the only place we can have maximum fun with shallows ships, yet players use 4th rates for grinding them. Same other shallow ports. Pyrates would love more shallows in Bahamas :ph34r:

• Like 6

ok, not going to lie, this is the first patch in quite a while that actually has me excited

previous ones were more along the lines 'meh, that's nice, might work' etc

probably not going tobe the case, but can pirate refit LGV's ONLY be sailed if you are a member of the pirate nation?

• Like 1

If 5100BR is for the old 4th PBs I think it is too high.

If the BR of a fourth rate is 250: 5100/250: 20 wasas.

It could be better with 4400, which means a max of 17 wasas. Allowing only 17 wasas will make the PB commander doubt about its suitability.

1 minute ago, ShroudedRecluse said:

ok, not going to lie, this is the first patch in quite a while that actually has me excited

previous ones were more along the lines 'meh, that's nice, might work' etc

probably not going tobe the case, but can pirate refit LGV's ONLY be sailed if you are a member of the pirate nation?

Because something is blocking captains flying a non-black flag from clamping swivels to their railing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Why these ports have a shallow status? I do believe there should be way more shallows around Bahamas, it is the only place we can have maximum fun with shallows ships, yet players use 4th rates for grinding them. Same other shallow ports. Pyrates would love more shallows in Bahamas :ph34r:

So much this.