Game-Labs Forum

10 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

PROBLEM:

Oh dearest and most creative developers who are the most thoughtful of all developers, I would like to point something out. while many liberals in the World appreciate you being up with the times and allowing people their "safe space" in which no harm can ever come to them, I think you implementation of it destroys everything NA is about. This safe space (as best as I can tell) is so we don't have people rage quit the game after getting killed for or while being a newb, however, my brilliant devs perhaps you haven't realized that there is no reason for a player to ever leave protected area one could acquire hundreds of millions, max rank, and any ship they want all while protected by the magical first rate ghost fleet with their teleporting warp drives. so instead of it being a safe zone for newbs..... it has become a safe zone for all peoples of that nation where they can play the game without having to worry about some poor soul who is desperate enough for content in this game that he is out on the ocean trying to kill another player. so all the max rank players just go their protected area and farm until their hearts desire and no one can dare touch them. essentially you have created a PVE only zone in a game that requires only PVE in order to advance..... I get that you don't want pvp to be a part of NA open world edition and that your trying to funnel all those players over into naval action legends, and you just want this game to be a port battle simulator. although this has not been stated it is clear through the last several patches that this game is not for open world pvp. perhaps there is a better solution than giving the players with thousands of hours places where they can be totally safe because they are playing in the newb zone. 

SOLUTION:

make a tutorial zone that in the pacific ocean for newbs and pve players. where they can go about their merry way killing all the ai and making all the money that they want and no one could ever touch them. THEN give them the option to round the horn and come into the pvp world when they are ready . make a big fat warning sign that says once you leave you are no longer protected by NEWB status and you are fair game during the age of sail and there is no return. See wisdom in this  O glorious devs and no longer encourage the carebearification  of the world. See how easy it is to keep the newbs safe? idk why we had to give everyone in the game safe spaces where they could accomplish everything the game has to offer without ever being killed by another player. I guess for their sensitive needs, how thoughtful of our most considerate devs. 

Problem: KOC is an asshole

Solution: Ban KOC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aster said:

Wait I'm sorry did I just read a post from a pirate the biggest pvp nation complaining about people rolling around in gank fleets.... Not only that did I just read a pirate complain about the number of players we fight with... this being the same nation that had around 40+ people show up to 3 port battles all within 30 mins of each other and won them all? The irony is actually really painful... #Fake News

Reliably, the only person claiming the pirates are the "biggest pvp nation" is you. And always, it is said with a tone that somehow you are owed a fight.

At some point, you might need to come to terms with the fact that it's far more realistic that you just aren't that fun a fight, than we are hiding a bunch of pvpers somewhere and you just aren't invited to the party.

Focus on building your own nation and the grass won't look so green on the other side. =)

I think the screen shots would tell a different story sir lol. But oh yea #FakeNews. Oh right your the guy we took the Vic off then beat the pirate gank fleet that came to take it back. Now I understand that one was 2 to 1 in your favor to :lol:

AC7D0D7DA8477DFDBE7376D9B414ECFC50B44CC1

Edited by Aster

9 minutes ago, koiz said:

We don't need ya to join... You're too easy of to kill to begin with.

Didn't you just lose a victory, then get sunk again in a gank fleet that y'all lost, at 2-1 odds in your favor. Then the next day run from battle with even better odds in your buc?....  I may need a refresher math course, because somethings not adding up here.

2 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Amazing when the Pirates are the LEAST pirate like nation and KoC's and his crew are more pirate like.

Maybe Black and VSCO need to go French ? 

Few things irk me more than people describing good seamanship, organized groups, and a taste for battle on the seas as "pirate like." Maybe I'm not as well read as some, but what historical pirates engaged in gunnery duels?

Just because the standards from PVP2 are woefully low, doesn't change the fact that most of the incredible stories of age of sail battle involve naval captains, not pirates. If King of Crowns can inspire some of the national players to act more like the real captains that inspired this game, then I say it's a good thing.

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

And let's be frank here KoC, what you do can't really be called PVP.  It's just ganking. 

You roll around with 10+ people on average every night from 3-4 different nations and cruise around the pirate areas looking for lone ships sailing around and mercilessly gank them.  Once a decent sized force comes out that can challenge you...off your fleet runs to la tort or wherever.  You've done this all over the map for months now.  You tag players from other nations and hide in battle using the speed boost to catch up and join fights that your one or 2 person bait group sets.  You've now even resorted to using pirate alts to tag inside the safe zones and create outlaw battles.  

There is no skill involved in rolling around with 10% of the server's population just to kill 1 or 2 people.  The best part is you'll shit talk to them the entire time while you have 10 wasa's out there fighting a lone frigate you caught coming back from a mission.  This is griefing and is exactly the type of behavior the safe zones prevents against and it's purpose in the game is necessary to keep folks playing it.  One concept you never seemed to be able to grasp is that wolves need sheep.  To keep the sheep happy they need a space to get nice and fat.  You will over hunt an area, grief anyone around it and then whine on the forums that there is nothing to do in game and then just quit for 2 months.

If you want meaningful PVP, ditch the 10 other players from multiple different nations that call you daddy and hunt more than 1 nation of players on a server that barely cracks 150 people every night.  There's plenty of folks out there that are willing to go out and PVP nightly, including myself, but when you bring a huge gang bang fleet and then find nothing......stop bitching about it on the forums.  No one wants to fight your little band of followers.  Adapt or we'll see you in 2 months from now when quit out of boredom in the next couple of days.

The problem in this situation is how you play.  Not the safe zones.      

Well said.

15 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Well said.

That simply isn't true. Nearly every fight we get into the pirates have an advantage and I have many screen shots as proof. Fact is they hide in port till enough of us log off until they have a 1.5 to 1 advantage usually also bringing equal to larger ships. Then they get beat in the fight. We have ganked a few people but that's like 1/10 of the people that die to us most are pirate gank fleets that think they have a big enough advantage then lose. This is why I screen shot everything.6D5D4784B4D81287DB83EF799ABB8D9ED7EE8AA76BFA82748FAED94556092B01CD9B0A9799A35C73FE45DD2BA15F6D92A448300217C575A8691E59FF

Edited by Aster
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aster said:

That simply isn't true. Nearly every fight we get into the pirates have an advantage and I have many screen shots as proof. Fact is they hide in port till enough of us log off until they have a 1.5 to 1 advantage usually also bringing equal to larger ships. Then they get beat in the fight. We have ganked a few people but that's like 1/10 of the people that die to us most are pirate gank fleets that think they have a big enough advantage then lose. This is why I screen shot everything.FE45DD2BA15F6D92A448300217C575A8691E59FF

That last one was a counter attack to a ganking.... Keep trying to change reality as they say... Never gonna happen.

Where's all your screenshots of all these battles that you guys are outnumbered? There's been several I can think of this week where you guys outnumbered us but I honestly don't save every interaction and jerk off to it like you do.

Aster look, you can say whatever you want you can believe whatever you want but don't act like you guys aren't ganking. For every balanced battle there's 3 others where you guys outnumber the attacker(s).

Big Picture I'm fine with ganking but don't bullshit the player base.

Edited by koiz

2 hours ago, Aster said:

I think the screen shots would tell a different story sir lol. But oh yea #FakeNews. Oh right your the guy we took the Vic off then beat the pirate gank fleet that came to take it back. Now I understand that one was 2 to 1 in your favor to :lol:

AC7D0D7DA8477DFDBE7376D9B414ECFC50B44CC1

You guys never won that battle. It was decided by the server restart.

The clocked saved your asses. But happy you guys have another ship to sail... you can barely craft them over there!

Edited by koiz

16 minutes ago, koiz said:

That last one was a counter attack to a ganking.... Keep trying to change reality as they say... Never gonna happen.

Where's all your screenshots of all these battles that you guys are outnumbered? There's been several I can think of this week where you guys outnumbered us but I honestly don't save every interaction and jerk off to it like you do.

Aster look, you can say whatever you want you can believe whatever you want but don't act like you guys aren't ganking. For every balanced battle there's 3 others where you guys outnumber the attacker(s).

Big Picture I'm fine with ganking but don't bullshit the player base.

...you literally just quoted one... Right there...Yes that picture right there:huh:. I think you guys are messing with me now

P.S.I also said we do gank people but I guess that must have also been lost in the FakeNews quote. 

Edited by Aster

Why is it we only ever hear complaints of capital ganking when its against the pirates? Remember when pirates held Savannah and that's all the US got for a month straight? Then we go on to siege mort and the woeful pirates moan and weep instead of doing anything about it.

How can a nation that is so unstoppable in RVR be so bad in PVP I will never know

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aster said:

...you literally just quoted one... Right there...Yes that picture right there:huh:. I think you guys are messing with me now

P.S.I also said we do gank people but I guess that must have also been lost in the FakeNews quote. 

You try and act like thats not all you do, don't bullshit.

Lets seem some real proof instead of cherry picked battles trump.

13 minutes ago, koiz said:

You guys never won that battle. It was decided by the server restart.

The clocked saved your asses. But happy you guys have another ship to sail... you can barely craft them over there!

You had an hour and a half to win that, the server was going down after that battle, with 2-1 odds you failed completely.  With your buc and victory nearly sinking during that process and most of the others barely escaping.  

Back to the original topic, the reinforcements should just be limited by rank.  After a certain point on a pvp server, you don't need rules to hold your hand or floaties to learn how to swim.  It's a pvp server half the fun is preparing for the unknown.  I was there for the times the pirates one ported GB, we still trucked on, didnt need 2 L'oceans to back us up outside of KPR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Why is it we only ever hear complaints of capital ganking when its against the pirates? Remember when pirates held Savannah and that's all the US got for a month straight? Then we go on to siege mort and the woeful pirates moan and weep instead of doing anything about it.

How can a nation that is so unstoppable in RVR be so bad in PVP I will never know

Honestly this whole post isn't about ganking its about the fact that KOC rather watch the game burn.

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

A Reno capping a Wasa is now considered a gank in the eyes of the rats

He sat behind him for an hour shooting only sails and crew... Yes that's a gank. Ya know we thought you were extra special when you joined IGG, I think you just proved it.

1 minute ago, Aster said:

079DAE1506D449D0989A4228FCDE7BB8D3DCCE41

I bet you sleep at night with that one... probably crusty now....

Keep showing screens of cherry picked battles, totally makes you feel better but we all get a laugh at it.

Edited by koiz