Game-Labs Forum

Eliminate Nations

4 hours ago, Hodo said:

This right here is one of the biggest reasons the failure happened.  I dont know how many Tattered Flags members I heard from the EU server didnt know which server was which after the wipe, and had NO idea they needed to jump through hoops before the wipe to keep their XP.   So when the wipe happened they were Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Echo Delta.   I am sure TF lost at least 10 people a few days after the wipe because of that alone.   They lost another 5 due to the stupid grind at that point.  Hell now the whole clan stopped playing because of the crap handling of the Global server.  

So there went a sizable clan right there and a moderator on top of that.

Oh come on no-one is so stupid that they can't think themselves that EU server is the one with restrictions and the other is the GLOBAL! (AS IT WAS/IS CALLED)..

Sounds like a poor excuse for just prefering a EU server..

9 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Oh come on no-one is so stupid that they can't think themselves that EU server is the one with restrictions and the other is the GLOBAL! (AS IT WAS/IS CALLED)..

quote-never-underestimate-the-power-of-h

The lack of information put out by the admin in any other media form other than on these Forums is one of the leading causes of the failure.  

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

The lack of information put out by the admin in any other media form other than on these Forums is one of the leading causes of the failure.  

Because the huge red writings on log-in screen wasn't a give away.... And the labelling "EU server"/"Global server"... Really hard to miss those I grant..........

Seriously.  If they weren't logging into the game to see that huge warning every time, and also not logging into the forum to keep up with announcements, how is that the devs fault?  Sounds like neglect at its finest.  If you aint playin the game, you aint got a right to complain about the changes.  Quit making excuses for personal failure.

Edit to add: The only people who have a right to complain are those people that did everything they were instructed, and then subsequently got screwed.

Edited by Jean Ribault

10 hours ago, Bearwall said:

9 hours ago, Hodo said:

6 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Because the huge red writings on log-in screen wasn't a give away.... And the labelling "EU server"/"Global server"... Really hard to miss those I grant..........

3 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Seriously.  If they weren't logging into the game to see that huge warning every time, and also not logging into the forum to keep up with announcements, how is that the devs fault?  Sounds like neglect at its finest.  If you aint playin the game, you aint got a right to complain about the changes.  Quit making excuses for personal failure.

Edit to add: The only people who have a right to complain are those people that did everything they were instructed, and then subsequently got screwed.

Not every one reads things through properly that is why I say descriptions are even more important the moment you log into a server a description box should pop up, 

a group is only as clever as there dumbest member, 

i was born in the england lived in many countries I’ve seen some pretty dumb people never ever underestimate how dumb people can be 

Edited by Rebrall

21 hours ago, Intrepido said:

We need working mechanics to prevent shit gameplay. Your good will and intentions, which didnt happen when you were in the PVP1 server, is not going to make the game better.

Mechanics stay, people come and leave. I will never let some critical issues in the hands on a few, so much power.

2 things....

1. Everyone is allowed to make a mistake, it’s how we learn the moment you stop making mistakes and no longer learning life is no longer worth living.

2. Control the controllable’s, you can’t control other players actions but don’t hold it against them when they do wrong  

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebrall said:

2 things....

1. Everyone is allowed to make a mistake, it’s how we learn the moment you stop making mistakes and no longer learning life is no longer worth living.

2. Control the controllable’s, you can’t control other players actions but don’t hold it against them when they do wrong  

1: The games viability should not be dependent on ppl making mistakes - the mechanics should ensure an enjoyable gameplay despite ignorant ppl.

2: You can and should hold it against them. I do not do wrong against others for months on end, actively sabotaging the game and admitting to it when confronted with it and then chalk it down to a "mistake" afterwards. I lost mates in this game to the nightflips - I do not simply accept a servermerge just because global was a failed idea. If ppl want to play the game on a working regional server they can join EU, but with EU timerestrictions.

14 minutes ago, Custard said:

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Agreed. It's incredible that a vocal minority for an ailing server would risk ruin for the only functioning server just so they could improve their own gameplay for a few weeks untill the nightflips/nighttimers killed off the functioning server as well..

You feel alone on Global ? Join EU server then, we will be happy with more people.

We (EU players) don't want to play with Global rules and nightflips, we walked this way once and our feet are still full of shit.

So you can ask, beg, shout for a server merge but the only result will be more player leaving whit nightflip return.

Plus you just forget PING reasons for 2 servers....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

1: The games viability should not be dependent on ppl making mistakes - the mechanics should ensure an enjoyable gameplay despite ignorant ppl.

2: You can and should hold it against them. I do not do wrong against others for months on end, actively sabotaging the game and admitting to it when confronted with it and then chalk it down to a "mistake" afterwards. I lost mates in this game to the nightflips - I do not simply accept a servermerge just because global was a failed idea. If ppl want to play the game on a working regional server they can join EU, but with EU timerestrictions.

cool story

your so called "working" server is not going to save the game and i have proved you so wrong through out this post about the EU server being successful

and when i did you ignored the comment cause you know i am right your server lost 58% vs the 57% on global proves the EU server was not a success you were lucky to have good numbers to start with  and that's that, and from what i can tell a portion of that were US players who were not on global were they should of been if they had the server would of stood a chance.

On 27/10/2017 at 8:04 PM, Rebrall said:
On 27/10/2017 at 6:07 PM, Bearwall said:

I think the game functions just fine. The split was necessary to save the playerbase, to merge the server will simply remove the EU playerbase as well.

On 27/10/2017 at 6:06 PM, Bearwall said:

The "night flips" that EU players lose sleep over don't happen on global.  We work with the clans and attack various ports depending on who owns them.  We don't attack ARMED (aussie ports) unless it's a weekend and everyone can be on.  Vice versa.  We attack US ports in our time zone.  It works.  Yet another proof that global doesn't function. A failed idea.

^^^^^^^^^^^

giphy.gif.0420d5d43a50e72e4c981c6de6ff4974.gif

( @Christendom That's just for you )

all it proves that the split was absolutely not necessary at all and the #nomorenightflips was a small minority within the EU community issue not anyone else.

as i was one of the party's involved in making RvR work so we could all turn up and have a good fight i know first hand the US and SEA/Oceanic players are very approachable!

and as for saving the player base all you have actually done is split players apart from each other for absolutely no reason other then a lack of diplomatic skill that some of you seem to posses.

FYI the port battle timers and the agreement between US players and Oceanic players on global are the same yet you say it has failed, that's very contradictory

and proves that there is no need for multiple servers at this stage of the game's development. I would agree for release with a functional player base that you are indeed correct in a server split.

Both servers seem to have lost the same percentage of their populations, I think its callous to say one server didn't work over the other.  If you sell over 100k copies of a game and only have 700-800 players actively logging on a year and change later.....its  a failure all around.  What data do you base the assumption that both servers has lost an equal amount of population on? I have already stated that as far as I recall the global server had 800 players or there about right after the wipe, where the EU server had about 1k. I may be wrong, but I'd like to see the stats.

Global server peaked a little over 400 after the wipe peak time and that was once btw we never ever reached 800,

so a say a peak of 400 to an average now of around 170 so my maths work that as 400 - 170 =230, 230 / 400 x 100 = 57.5% decrease

EU peak was 1200 i believe and average now of around 500? by all means happy to be corrected on numbers i don't play EU after all, so my maths here says

1200 - 500 = 700,   700 / 1200 x 100 = 58.33(recurring)% 

and you call the EU server a success, sure ok 

Admin stated that PVP 1 and 2 would be merged into 1 server named Global and a NEW server would be created labeled EU.  One with no restrictions and one with.  This was announced well before.  Instead the servers were just renamed and not wiped completely of names, clans and friends.  PVP2 turned into global and PVP1 turned into EU.  PVP1/EU was the dominant server beforehand and remained as such.  XP wasn't merged unless you did the cutter thing.  Even then I know a couple dozen players that still had their XP screwed up and Admin wouldn't return it.  They quit or went back to EU.  I'm fully convinced that had the servers been merged and completely wiped Global would of had a better shot.  Maybe I'm wrong, doesn't matter now. I really don't believe that the success of the global server is down to wether or not your friends was removed or not. And you could with no restrictions have made a new character since the xp were redeemable on the account - so no starting over just to get a new name. To state that the success or failure of the global/EU server is down to not creating an entirely new server for EU is simply ridicolous.

as for this we will never know now the players are gone so......., one thing that would of helped also was proper server descriptions if were to have one that is limited in its time and one FFA srever

39 minutes ago, Custard said:

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

23 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Agreed. It's incredible that a vocal minority for an ailing server would risk ruin for the only functioning server just so they could improve their own gameplay for a few weeks untill the nightflips/nighttimers killed off the functioning server as well..

he was talking about you btw

18 minutes ago, Forbin said:

You feel alone on Global ? Join EU server then, we will be happy with more people.

We (EU players) don't want to play with Global rules and nightflips, we walked this way once and our feet are still full of shit.

So you can ask, beg, shout for a server merge but the only result will be more player leaving whit nightflip return.

Plus you just forget PING reasons for 2 servers....

ask your self this

if they dropped two servers kept global and pored money into development and increased player base through proper advertising then looked at multiple servers cause one would be to small for the player base, why not merge the servers into global, admin has admitted there is a cash flow issue before  

6 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

ask your self this

if they dropped two servers kept global and pored money into development and increased player base through proper advertising then looked at multiple servers cause one would be to small for the player base, why not merge the servers into global, admin has admitted there is a cash flow issue before  

If they merged the servers the population on the remaining server would not be larger than the current global. It would simply wither away and die just like the current global server has done.. 

7 hours ago, Bearwall said:

If they merged the servers the population on the remaining server would not be larger than the current global. It would simply wither away and die just like the current global server has done.. 

At what point did I say it would be bigger?

49 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

At what point did I say it would be bigger?

So if the point isn't to get more players on global, why not then keep EU server with its bigger populace and shut down global? No reason to merge anything and the regional server that actually works keep working...

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

So if the point isn't to get more players on global, why not then keep EU server with its bigger populace and shut down global? No reason to merge anything and the regional server that actually works keep working...

as you have stated you would quit out of spite so it wouldn't grow to much,

and with players attitudes like this

11 hours ago, Bearwall said:

id rather they didn't have a say in the game cause they are deemed selfish and shortsighted and are bad for the game going forward especially as its bleed pretty much 80% of its player base cause of people making bad calls and slowing down development.

P.S. one server "working" is never gonna be successful game, like i said get us all on one server with good ping all around drop the other two.

Make it so it suits us all PvE, PvP & RvR then spend the money developing some real content such as PvE, more diverse RvR,  

Then advertising the game correctly grow its player base.

Once we have stable numbers then look at regional servers as it would be possible and probably needed to be honest.  

also i suggest you look at the steam charts it tells as sad story http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#All especially as the game has huge potential 

EDIT:

Peak players (5221 - 927 = 4294 / 5221 x 100 =82% loss)

Avg Players (2157.2 - 452.4 = 1704.8 / 2157.2 x 100 = 79% loss)

(read the charts) just cause i know you don't do maths very well i said 80% not a bad guess

Edited by Rebrall

30 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

id rather they didn't have a say in the game cause they are deemed selfish and shortsighted and are bad for the game going forward especially as its bleed pretty much 80% of its player base cause of people making bad calls and slowing down development. As far as I can tell the only ones "shortsighted" is those calling for a merge. We've already tried global servers and the result was that most of the euros quit or were about to. And yes, I for one will stop playing if the developers insist on making the same bad mistakes as before.

P.S. one server "working" is never gonna be successful game, like i said get us all on one server with good ping all around drop the other two. 

Make it so it suits us all PvE, PvP & RvR then spend the money developing some real content such as PvE, more diverse RvR,  No one is arguing that the game doesn't need more content, but for the discussion of a servermerge it's rather irrelevant.

Then advertising the game correctly grow its player base. Don't advertise for a game that is still in development, waste of funds.

Once we have stable numbers then look at regional servers as it would be possible and probably needed to be honest.   We already have stable numbers - on the one regional server we've got atm. So - why not make the global server a US server with appropriate PB timers? - just to see if that wouldn't work. From where I'm seeing the US playerbase is either entirely uninterested in the age of sails, or they are yearning for a regional server that actually works. (The old maintenance timers were ridicolous)

also i suggest you look at the steam charts it tells as sad story http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#All especially as the game has huge potential 

EDIT:

(read the charts) just cause i know you don't do maths very well i said 80% not a bad guess

5 hours ago, Bearwall said:

id rather they didn't have a say in the game cause they are deemed selfish and shortsighted and are bad for the game going forward especially as its bleed pretty much 80% of its player base cause of people making bad calls and slowing down development. As far as I can tell the only ones "shortsighted" is those calling for a merge. We've already tried global servers and the result was that most of the euros quit or were about to. And yes, I for one will stop playing if the developers insist on making the same bad mistakes as before. As proven a discussion between players would of stopped the night flips as said before, and if the player base keeps declining the "fantastic & successful EU server" will also close cause the game will die. But hey you can call your loss of 58% of your player base a success as much as you like (seriously look at the steam charts) 

Make it so it suits us all PvE, PvP & RvR then spend the money developing some real content such as PvE, more diverse RvR,  No one is arguing that the game doesn't need more content, but for the discussion of a servermerge it's rather irrelevant. you are so wrong its not funny. A server merge would render 2 servers useless hence they would close freeing up funds for another member of staff hence pushing development forward at a much faster pace. 

Then advertising the game correctly grow its player base. Don't advertise for a game that is still in development, waste of funds. advertising the game after there is fuller content is a waste of funds, what??? how do you expect the game to progress????, you are aware my comments lead into another right from freeing money to have content to advertising? i'll assume you miss read that.

Once we have stable numbers then look at regional servers as it would be possible and probably needed to be honest.   We already have stable numbers - on the one regional server we've got atm. So - why not make the global server a US server with appropriate PB timers? - just to see if that wouldn't work. From where I'm seeing the US playerbase is either entirely uninterested in the age of sails, or they are yearning for a regional server that actually works. (The old maintenance timers were ridicolous) i don't see that as a problem but it will fail the players got fed up quit and wont return till the game has progressed further, you also have the issue of SEA/oceanic players then they get a server if we keep that up why not give GB a server France a server it puts in an endless spiral of splitting the community further and loss of more players. as for maintenance timers try living in AUS or NZ right now maintenance is smack bang in the middle of our prime time, 

EDIT:

On 26/10/2017 at 12:59 AM, Christendom said:

Merge it up. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhhhhh ... also here! Vade retro global! 

As far as the OP is concerned, letting orgs choose nation could be good, but I think that

1) the creator of a org should choose - at the moment of the creation - if the org will be a nation bound org or a "free" org (and of course nation bound should have some kind of benefit that compensate the fact that they cannot "move" on to other nations)

2) there should be a time limit for each nation change (let's say that a change may occour every two months).

Edited by victor

11 hours ago, Bearwall said:

the result was that most of the euros quit or were about to.

this is a myth ... you might have quit .... but most   i dont think so

look at the steam charts ...  geting rid of port battle flags and introducing  the hostilty system reduced ,the player base ... spliting the servers had no effect .... on numbers

trouble is devs seem to listen to those that shout the loudest on the forum ...instead of analysing the game and stats ... the majority dont post on the forum and vote by either playing or leaving .. the stats say that the hostility generation for port batlles and server spit were not a success

the majority enjoyed teleporting around the map and pulling flags .... having fun

those that wanted a more  realistic game .. because they have the time to play it that way have manipulated the game into something that is 95% boredom and 5% fun

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Odol said:

If you were to have the 250 or so Global players join the EU server, then you would have 200 less players playing the game.   And not like you would see them anyway.

The globals are free to join the EU server as it is, but the timers should stay put. Otherwise you'd just loose a lot more than you got.

36 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

this is a myth ... you might have quit .... but most   i dont think so

look at the steam charts ...  geting rid of port battle flags and introducing  the hostilty system reduced ,the player base ... spliting the servers had no effect .... on numbers

trouble is devs seem to listen to those that shout the loudest on the forum ...instead of analysing the game and stats ... the majority dont post on the forum and vote by either playing or leaving .. the stats say that the hostility generation for port batlles and server spit were not a success

the majority enjoyed teleporting around the map and pulling flags .... having fun

those that wanted a more  realistic game .. because they have the time to play it that way have manipulated the game into something that is 95% boredom and 5% fun

The flag system did have it's own faults and problems, but could've been changed with a few tweaks. I agree that the hostility system is no really a success, I doubt anyone is saying otherwise. And I agree that most players don't read forums and don't vote in the ridicolous polls - they vote with their feet and their feets took them to EU server rather than the global. That's evidence that global is not a preferred choice. To say that players didn't leave because of the nightflips is untrue - we lost in dk/ng a lot of players, so did the spanish and the french. And no game, no game ever, is a success if it's the playerbase and not the mechanics that has to agree on when and how to flip a port. Remove the host system - I can live with that, but the timers should stay because the players have decided that is the way to go for the game.