Game-Labs Forum
JobaSet

Bugs or Problems Found So Far in NA-L

@admin @slik @Ink  Love what you are doing.  But was ask to clean this up some,  So I have.  Could you pin this.  Thanks

Everyone else this is a Pre-Alfa and has a lot of bugs, but no bugs have been found that make this game unplayable (Frustrating yea).  If you see something I missed, I am sure I did, kinda Slammed with real life stuff at the moment, let me know.  I Love this game and want to to work.  So, help everyone to make it better.

This list will have repeating problems due to the fact, I am getting info from a lot of people and sometimes conflicting reports.  I don't care what you play on Naval Action or what you think is not a problem, you send me the info, I will post it up and let the Devs sort it out.

Runners (removing your self from the battle)  will get no respect at all from me and many others, all you are doing, is prolonging the match.  With that said, breaking off an Attack and moving to your AI fleet or Ship Mates is a sound tactic and Smart. I would list the people that do this, but I think Devs might get upset. LOL Have fun, if you just keep getting slaughtered, ask the guy that just did it to you, "HOW" odds are they will tell you.  The only Stupid question, is the one you do not ask

PM me problems, Captains.  IF you see them 

@Norfolk nChance @Jeheil Look over this tell me what I missed.

RED IS Player Priority

Last updated 11/25 09:00 9M EST

1. New Stuff for weekend 11/25 ....Notes (New Stuff) will cleaned up, threw the week and threw out the coming days.
    1. Dupping Global Chat
    2. Bug found that let you stay out of bound more or less as long as you want.  Reported this a lot yesterday after testing it.  (And before you ask No i didn't get very much xp testing it, but could more or less break the game.  As you can or could get every kill in less than 15-20 min with no risk.)
    3. hold
  2. New Stuff for weekend 11/11 ....Notes (New Stuff) will cleaned up, threw the week and threw out the coming days.
    1. 3rd rate if u get sunk, Then leave,  You only get xp for what you got so far......Then you have to wait for NPCs to finish battle with no update to xp when you finally get ship out of battle 
    2. What the hell is this Capture.PNG.d9cf36cbc0f6c93b4b6e39f44d1f279f.PNG for?
    3. 3rd Rate left battle after getting sunk ship never was released had to restart game.
    4. Global chat bug looks like it has something to do with typing in private chat then going back to global not work unless u close out global
    5. HAHAH line ship battle at fort v2.  Was most insane Fight ever
      1. was fun in such a tight place a few times, not 300
    6. I am now in a Bucentaure 2nd slot and I am still a captain with only 3 ships left to get 2 more ranks.
    7. Line Ships - most of the battles take 10 plus min after start before you even fire a shot. And your team is to spread out.
      1. Plus with running AI, Time is an real issue.
    8. F5 sometime not work in buc
    9. 6 pd med on top deck for a buc come on
    10. Need to Change death ring time in smaller boats(I get it for 4th rates and above takes a while to turn around) But people are chaining and running then darting back and resenting the 5 mins just drawing the game out.  Yes some people are using Chain and Running.  Grieving is Stupid, just die like a Man. So we can start another match
    11. Carebears on legends will Not fight real people, 
      1. They will remove themselves from Q and/or wont tell people when they q, So they can Solo play against AI Must be US/Brit Players.
      2. Had a group of 3 exit match once they saw I was fighting them.
        1. People leaving, once the match has Started, is a major problem. I can't count how many times people left a match I was in.  We are going to have to do something about it quickly. 
  3. New Stuff for weekend 11/04 ....Notes (New Stuff) will cleaned up threw the week and threw out the coming days. Got real behind this week with real work.
    1. When you win a Board, You don't get bla bla Sank Bla bla.  You get " your name" Sank... Missed this some how last week
    2. Wins don't count if you win by points and time runs out.
    3. Windowed screen, Still not working right, Mouse does not line up you are forced to resize every time coming out of battle. 
    4. Capture markers for forts and tower need to be brought down to be easily seen.  As of now if you are real close, you have to work hard to see progress.
    5. Crew lost is out of control in basic Ships,  Yea I get it,  its that way for PVP but AI can Snipe hundreds crew off you in 1st 15 mins.  In trinc and Conney and many others.  This problem is pre 1 slot once you get some fire power and defense not so bad.
      1. Look at crew ver Time got 20 of these getting threw 1st slot on most ships.
    6. If your not going to fix Chat so we can see who is lobby  and ready to Q up at lest give us a number in Q like battle and online.  People don't tell people when they are q'ing, I saw 9 people on 9 battles WTF.
    7. Ai moral 1 % bug ("is back not as bad as before") but gets stuck on it even when you slam it take a few times to get past/or you have to kill all crew walking dead style .... Trinc, Conny, Aggy i have seen this happen ver ai.  May be across board but not played many smaller ships.
      1. This should have been a 3 or 4 shot kill. was 10
        1. Take a note at how many more muskets I have ver AI and didn't do crap to him.
    8. Need to un-nerf the crying carebear bow chasers,  Can't stop AI from running out of bounds once you get into 4th rates if they have any distance on you.
      1. Side Note: I think They died to being out of bounds needs to be confirmed tho
    9. Seen a lot of ships on edge of screen that don't have sails.  but when i turn mouse to look at them the magically appear. 
      1. This is draw render problem versa ratio of screen size. we Think 
      2. May can duplicate this if i pull screen across 2 or 3 monitors. Didn't test tho
    10. Cannon Hits not Showing up on Side of boat (Random not showing hit marks) 
      1. sorry no screen Shot.              
    11. Had a Boat Sailing under water, it was a trinc i think, f11 it.   Had to board it lol \. good thing i teach scuba.
      1. I will look for screen shot i sure i have one.
      2. May be a one off as Computer was doing crazy thing and had to reboot shortly after.
    12. The G key for boarding sometimes(a lot) dose not work when it pops up, have to move mouse around looking from every direction while hitting G to make it work.  When pops up you should be able to board then and not have to do the Screen looking thing. (This a bug from Naval Action that never was Fixed)  
    13. Still No way of getting crew back if you are a Boarder or AI snips them off you.
    14. Something Still wrong with Boarding. We were unable to test a lot with No way to get crew back.
      1. The fact that you removed press gang from Naval action for the carebears needs to be rethought out..
      2.   Carebears not understanding manual sailing or unable to maintain speed should not be a factor in Arena(Legends).
        1. Do not fall for this again
        2. Quickly separating, then eliminating the weakest link is a Sound tactic, in a even/(Every) fight, So you now have an advantage.
        3. Better to play with the/a Group, than by your self.
          1. other words stay "together" problem solved
      3. Rum only prolongs death for carebears and forces Boarders to spend more time on a board.  Not like you can't find five thousand vids of how not to get boarded. If you suck at it.
        1. And another 5000 on how to board, so you can get better at it.
        2. I got boarded by a player with only officer Marines and unprepared and I was able to protect my self until help arrived and was able to beat him with out side help. Took a long time,  But to a Boarder Time is your enemy.
          1. Sailing off alone is easiest way to DIE
      4. AI are more of a threat from boarding (and losing) than Humans are with the instant board with 70-100 prep, they don't bitch and cry when they lose a ship to AI on the forums like they do when its a real player.
        1. But it Happens a lot
      5. Suggestion: Quarter master officer.  Press gang 15% of crew left max out at 50% lvl 7.
        1. Rum is a Carebear buff. End of story.  Never add this, don't even think about it.
        2. Carebears that bitch about rage boarding need to learn to Sail better. A boarder will lose 99% of all fights in a heads up brawl fighting lesser ship(s).  A fact that many boarders will never talk about.
        3. 5a006bab56c27_mKmr3gA-Imgur.gif.d656371aa7e919e441974b2c55f4fd44.gif I need to make some new ones.  This not even a good one.  Guess I could show how to keep it above 3.5 in ever boat.  But who has Time for that.
        4. Everyone that bitches about this, that I have capture, I prob have video proof they didn't do this or Did it wrong.
          1. Or were out numbered/Shot nothing but Chain the whole fight 
    15. Fort v2 AI will sail up on Beach
    16. Fort V2 AI DO some crazy Stuff getting around the sand bar from South.
    17. Note: God mode for AI in fort map.  Saw this once on last AI over weekend. Saw once.
    18. Ships Sailing on land Fort map
    19. Boats Sunk with Sails still up up.
    20. Will admit getting threw 1st slot on all Ships Sucks real bad.
      1. That said, after you get the 2nd and 3rd slot open you are a god vers AI.
    21. Still Captain Rank after opening up 3rd Rate with about 60-70k unspent xp on lower Ships,  Only 4 ships left Guess I got to get the Santy to get 5 officers.
    22. Chat bug still around can type and hit enter but nothing shows up.  If you close Global the bring it back up what you typed will appear.  Had a green dot.
    23. Rudder Still a little to weak in Fatable, Trinc, Mercury
      1.   The connie and aggy Were spot on 2 to 3ish red/yellows a match in Basic no slots. :D
    24. Basic Guns for the Connie and Aggy were/are Fine.  Was ruff but doable
      1. Trinc needs 9pds med on top or maybe low lvl carro's  it to week to have so many bounce.
    25. Randomly missing Crew (I didn't catch this some1 else did and I looked at all my SS and found he was right)
      1. Adding up what is boxes number not add up.   
        1. SS1 -1
        2. SS2 -16
        3. SS3 another -1
        4. Have a few more most i saw was about 20 off
  4. General
    1. Patch Notes.  We all know some of you have looked at this.  But not adding things fixed on notes page for player base to test is helping no one.  Again if you want to be covert or sneaky about fixes that is fine but PM a few of the ones that are really trying to help you, so we can test certain things.  This is a Major problem you have with regular NA and a Practice that should not happen.
    2. Need Clan Support,  but for the love of god limit it to about 3 or 4x max group size so if it 6 max size for a group no more than 24ish. If 25 is planed maxed for a group, then  75 max players in clan may be a bit much. I Personal feel and think if you plan on 25 groups 60-75 in clan will work but no more.
    3. Need a way to convert xp on maxed out ship(I sure this is in pipe for paying something)  Right now I have more than enough xp to get a santy across all my ships.  Would have been helpful so I could have skipped the tric cannon bug.  
      1. Once a boat is maxed out,  From that point on all xp generated should go in to the general pool from that boat.
    4. Non-Full Windowed screen you have to resize window after every load screen, or mouse will not line up right, with mouse click.  After Battle over
      1. This may be a larger problem than you think, had to tell 4 people how to fix this over the weekend.
        1. If in Full screen its not a problem only in window mode.
    5. I have seen Skipping in battle.  Ship skids around real fast in open water.  It is close to end of many matches say after 30 plus min may be a memory leak.
  5. Grouping/Chat
    1. Can't tell who are AI and who are players.
    2. Hitting Tab or "M" Should have Players names in different color.
    3. No way of knowing who is online or in Global chat(ie Starting room).
    4. Can't send Private msg to anyone if they are in a Match
    5. Can't read Global Chat if in a Match
    6. No way of knowing if people are actually in a match, so that waiting may get you real players.  NOT FIXED
      1. Going to go with NOT fixed.  Waiting 30 min then having player leave.  
        1. no way to talk to player in a Match or see Who is online
    7. Grouping with higher players in bigger boats is just about useless.  You will speed an hour getting 250 xp in a cutter or brig. 
      1. No clue how to fix this, if you are able to sink a larger or better ship the reward IN NOT WORTH it TIME WASTED.
        • Players are Forced to play with friends in groups in same ships or a Waste of time for everyone.
  6. Combat/Map
    1. General
      1. Some times center bar will not take damage on every ship left. Seen this twice now no one can receive damage unless from a fort or tower.
        1. Side note:  both times been in the Fort maps not the one with Towers.
        2. I have only seen this on Fort map.
        3. Saw this a lot in Fort map V2 over weekend 10/27 
      2. Aiming point on duel deck Ships up to Indefatigable using Carros is off if firing at same time.  A mid Ship shot will put lower deck in water and upper deck will go over deck at around 100m(ish).
      3. Need/Must have a Clearer or Cleaner Combat Log.
      4. Tab For map not "M" like NA is just Stupid no way to zoom or plan attacks.
      5. At Start of Match if you turn off Guns so you can have everyone in Sailing at start of match they still don't start there and have to switch taking longer to get sails up and more wasted time.
        1. Same with Guns ver Sails at start of match.
      6. Matches that have forts or towers might need/Should have clearer goals. As just capping other main circle and skipping the forts or towers is really all you have to do.
    2. Fort map v2 
      1. If you Capture the fort, the fort will kill steal from everyone(get the kills) from enemy ships.  I am not asking for a "nerf" just maybe forts/towers can't get kills. 
      2. This seems to be the map with the "god mode" Structure problem.
      3. Fort can't always be captured.  Looks like if AI enter, then leave it hags and then no1 can capture it. 
  7. Boarding
    1. Just Fubar'ed
    2. You Can not gain crew back.....  You need Press gang NOT Rum.   Many prefer Press gang because Rum gives advantage to the one being boarded. Not the one that has all the mods and already has a MASSIVE DPS hit.
    3. IF/When you board you do not get XP for crew kills.
    4. Some thing is wrong with the boarding formula. 
      1. If i board have 100 moral 195 crew against a brig with 110 crew and I attack and only have 22 melee how in the HELL dose a Brig have 33 fire power and kick my ass. With deck guns or Brace(I get it brace should be a Stand off or break even)  but not a win versa those odds
        1. on top of that I had pikes and officer marines lvl 4 but pikes may not work either
        2. It might be putting my boarding buffs on the AI and/or visa versa
    5. Officer Marines Needs to be called muskets
      1. Work in progress
        1. Per Gamelabstv, you are going planning to add the Marines to this "DON'T
        2. Already Have a upgrade Slot for 20% That no one is going to use(or should not use) due to the DPS hit you take from useless marines in actual battle. Every crew you lose is just going to make you less effective in long run. Some version of pres gang (But I don't think rum should be added)
          1. If you can Split into Musket and Marines.
    6. If you lose a board and use mouse click to move to different boats, you can't see info on ships or boat you are in.
  8. Ships
    1. General
      1. No way to use unused XP
      2. Firing Rate of all 3 cycles front to back, back to front, and Random are significantly slower than normal Naval Action all ships test up to Indefatigable.
      3. Trinc 27070 xp needed Cony 24060.
      4. You buy a Mod for a Slot then change it you must buy it again.  IE Rudder then replace it with Sail then get 2nd slot open got to buy rudder again.
    2. Indefatigable.
      1. AI Can take out 100 crew from 500m and from anywhere if you have prep up in one volly. 
    3. Trincomalee
      1. Unplayable with Starting cannons of 9pd(Bottem) and 6 pd(TOP).....  Advantage shot(Point Blank) count 450-500 with only about 50% acutely penetrating, every match is max time 55 to 60 mins
        1. Side note: You may actually damage your ship/crew. I lost some crew shooting at a ship, but after looking at Vid not so sure  could have come from another ship shooting at me.  But would ex-plane the massive crew losses.
      2. Crew loss is unreal with AI 5 matches last 55 to 60 min, at the end of ever match less than 100 crew all 5 matches. Once saw 67 never boarded anyone. 
      3. 5 matches total of 3500ish xp 5 hours later (lowest was 266, 360,560, 792,13##(Got all 5 kills because ai hung on beach, and could not fire back)) Do Not WASTE YOUR TIME PLAYING A TRINC
  9. Visual
    1. Boats jumping up and down when stuck on land on land.
      1. Map was removed this happened on so we will see.
  10. AI or Bots (PAIN in the Ass and hope they go away)
    1. AI Shooting threw you to hit another boat.
      1. NEVER put your weak side towards ANY SHIP that is AI friend or Foe.  Yea it limits you.
    3. AI do not shoot at closer AI, if a/you(human) are less than 500m 1/2 a Square.
    4. AI v AI is like watching blind people play beer pong.
    5. Ai getting Stuck on beach
    6. AI Getting Stuck on another boat and Drops sails will not move (but will board u in a flash).
      • This is real bad When only Ai are left. max time game when this happens
    7. Friendly AI Sailing away from battle full health figure they had to much rum and decided to go to Mexico to get a Beer.
    8. Chalk Line killers
      • For some reason AI can Load Guns faster than Humans can, even when 1/2 under water and no armor or structure. And Stay that way a Long time.
      • They Can also board you with 100% prep Sinking with Marines.  While still loading Cannons 50% faster than humans can.
      • I put a Stop Watch on this before server went down,    But I would Say they can Stay afloat 10x longer than Humans can. So if you lose structure you will sink in 1m30 sec same ship will last 6-8 mins
Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 5

Regarding this, just to confirm

Some group leader never get a "push able" sail button even after everyone has ready up.

Are you sure you're trying to play in group and not in division (fleet)?

5 minutes ago, slik said:

Regarding this, just to confirm

Are you sure you're trying to play in group and not in division (fleet)?

pretty sure think it was @PaladinFX @Jeheil friend from ARMED that was having this problem.  button was there he just could not click it. like someone was not or had not readied up even tho everyone had green next to their name...................... Now I can't think of his name help me out guys.  Think it started with M

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, JobaSet said:

Auto repair does not work every time after a Match. Missed this one.(Newly Added 10/26)

not sure how i missed this one hehe, I think it happen more when you win a map with points and sinks.

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

First of all: Thanks for the collection. @JobaSet

Two minor things I noticed:

1.:
Both the Cerberus and the Snow come with 18pd carronades as bow/stern chasers once you buy them. However the 18pd carronades don't show up in the outfitting tab. So after you changed them to 12 pd carronades or mediums/longs you're not able to switch back to 18pd carronades. Brig and Navy Brig also have 18pd carronades as stern chasers by default but aren't affected by this issue. I don't know if any bigger ship is affected since I didn't unlock one yet.59f329f117449_Cerberus1.thumb.jpg.6709935000e7495e81a5f0547134c30d.jpg

59f32a63425ec_Cerberus2.thumb.jpg.8f8214164f4d766e154419a959859712.jpg

2.:

59f32a9752023_Damage1.thumb.jpg.6f64dd860db261e15ff51b70f12bc45c.jpg

59f32ab4624c0_Damage2.thumb.jpg.7e0235396a173dfa9349381bf01b9d8a.jpg
Both screenshots show the exact same situation captured from a slightly different angle. The first one however doesn't show the damage indicators on the hull. As far as I'm aware this affects all ships when viewed from a certain angle. It's only that one specific perspective that doesn't show the damage though.

I reported both issues via F11 but thought it might be helpful to have them here as well.

Edited by Jeremiah Gunsmoke
  • Like 1

My previous post is a bit outdated now since Snow and Cerberus don't come with 18pd carronades as bow/stern chasers by default any longer. The 18pd carronades are still missing in the outfitting tab for both of them though. (I don't know whether this is intended or not but it seems odd. Brig and Navy Brig are still able to mount 18pd carronades as stern chasers.)

In addition I just unlocked the Renommee and she comes with 6pd mediums on her lower deck while they are locked in the outfitting tab. Not sure if this is a bug either.

Edited by Jeremiah Gunsmoke
  • Like 1

I had limited playing time this weekend but here is what I found:

Rudders - I have rudder going red multiple times each battle even with full stern and bow armor. I sent F11.

Center structure bar not taking damage - AI ships - brigs to be specific. Side shot away and multiple broadsides at close range and no effect! Also F 11.

@JobaSet I didn't know if you wanted feedback here so all the issues are consolidated or in a different thread.

Edited by DeRuyter

1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

I had limited playing time this weekend but here is what I found:

Rudders - I have rudder going red multiple times each battle even with full stern and bow armor. I sent F11.

What Boats?

Center structure bar not taking damage - AI ships - brigs to be specific. Side shot away and multiple broadsides at close range and no effect! Also F 11.

remember the map fort map i bet?

@JobaSet I didn't know if you wanted feedback here so all the issues are consolidated or in a different thread.

No worry, 

• Like 1

I have been playing with my screen setting at 2560x1080 in fullscreen, when i go into the equipment menu and a few of the other ones the top portion of those menu's are cut off, the only way for me to be able to see them is to change the resolution setting down to 1920x1080.  Not sure if this is posted in the correct place or not.

18 minutes ago, Otsego said:

Sometimes i have to repair my ship twice, i think it has something to with leaving battle early.

I have seen this too left battle after being sunk, repair then the battle ends and you have to repair again. I F11d it. 

22 hours ago, Liq said:

Can you mark AI in battle? maybe with an "*" infront of their name?

12 hours ago, Mcgee said:

I have been playing with my screen setting at 2560x1080 in fullscreen, when i go into the equipment menu and a few of the other ones the top portion of those menu's are cut off, the only way for me to be able to see them is to change the resolution setting down to 1920x1080.  Not sure if this is posted in the correct place or not.

it on list already

2 hours ago, Otsego said:

Sometimes i have to repair my ship twice, i think it has something to with leaving battle early.

it on list already

2 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

I have seen this too left battle after being sunk, repair then the battle ends and you have to repair again. I F11d it. 

it on list already

Date as at 11/24

“Full Screen” and “Windows Mode” issues with the UI.

The Game works a lot better in Full Screen mode however the ability to use Windows Mode really decreases performance. The mouse “Point n Click” not catching and unable to OPEN global chat after battle.

Battles now taking more than 5 minutes to arrange.

Press [Esc] and Control Settings. Cannot change [Tab] key for [M] key for the MAP, its locked.

From Hong Kong Ping Rate 207 and stable. NA-OW GLOBAL is 220 currently. Graphics smooth and game responds to input controls without lag. Played with up to 80 on line.

Suggestions

Would like to have a better BATTLE FINISH screen. Seems to end too quickly…

36 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Full Screen” and “Windows Mode” issues with the UI.

The Game works a lot better in Full Screen mode however the ability to use Windows Mode really decreases performance. The mouse “Point n Click” not catching and unable to OPEN global chat after battle.

When in windowed mode after leaving a battle, the mouse gets shifted and is not actually where you are clicking at

Can solve it by holding the Window bar and drag n dropping it to the same position again

• Like 1

Playing a battle yesterday I went out of the battlezone, returned within the timeframe to the battlezone but the last remaining opponent (human) couldnt damage my inner structure anymore. I could strip his outer modules but couldnt damage the inner structure after that.

Sent a report and hopefully my opponent did the same.

Boarding was still possible. It were 2 humans opponents after returning from outside the battlezone, 1 I boarded with the other I tried the damage on the inner sturcture.

Anybody else got this experience?

Edited by OlFson

Got booted from queue a number of times yesterday. Sailing an unrated ship and whenever the queue had frigates/unrated/ and or SOL waiting I got booted with an error saying there was a problem after about 3-4 minutes in queue. I was able to queue up again and if it was only unrated ships I got in the battle.