Game-Labs Forum

Solution for Empty Portbattles?

3 minutes ago, troody said:

who lied to u? u mean the whole swedish nation? cause a single person cannot decide anything in our nation....?

and by the way: its a game, if u take it too serious, get a life...

And that is why swedish diplomacy is untrustworthy. If your diplomat says a, but the council votes b, your diplomats have 0 trustworthyness.

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

So you mean that one thing in nassau where i asked you if the deal is canceled now since too many spanish got into the port. When you said yes we attacked

What is the other time?

How about the time you and sveno  both said, we have no plans to attack the pirates, we just want some pvp out of Morgans Bluff ? then took other ports in the area

How about the time , you said you were turning Georges town back to neutral the next day, you were just looking for a fight ?, surprise surprise ,that didn't happen either

your so petty after I pulled you on it, you went for planB's  ports the next day.

Edited by FurQ
mispell
  • Like 2

*grub grub grub* but I'm not! I was slightly overweight when I started playing Naval Action.. Now? I'm eating popcorns daily and are dangerously obese!

EDIT!: *grub grub grub*

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If there was port timers than your clan would set it to your clans prime time so how would they be flipping your ports when your asleep?  If it's not your clans ports than you shouldn't have to worry about it.  Let some other person worry about there ports if they can't defend it in other what ever time it's set in than that is there problem not yours

since wype and 2 servers, none problem betwen nations, no nightflips, all ok, it said all.

28 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I just grab popcorn reading messages from FurQ, full of tears :lol:

Just pointing out the truth dude, it's an odd concept for some to grasp I know, as this forum has never been a place where truth has been prevalent, probably caused the lol, my bad.

27 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Took the liberty to rephrase. There's a very distinction between losing and not winning. 

I think the worry is that if a group wins, they have the capcaity to then build the "better ships" as it were. the Losers lost and aren't able to build nearly as many "better ships," ultimately making the next encounter of battle against these 2 groups that much more lopsided.

But if Combat marks can continue to be converted to Victory marks, I wouldn't see a big issue here.

My worry is that if the Devs did in fact bring "Navy" ships that were copies of current ships just with "better stats" then we wouldn't see non Navy ships in battles anymore, UNLESS Navy ships also had a Battle Ratting increase as well as a prohibitive cost. The cost would need to be leveraged with the options of "do we build 5 new Oceans, Or upgrade an existing Ocean to a Navy Ocean." Something like that

Even before all this Jazz, I'd think we need to test BR limits, we need Our whole Ship Line to at the very least get a Battle Rating adjustment across the board, and we need to look at all the ships and find where we can balance these ships to make all (or just more of them) of them the "right choice."

• Like 1

The only permanent solution to this and almost all other problems with this game is bigger population and that's only going to come with more content.

Some have argued that the battle IS the content. Well, tic-tac-toe has battle content to line up 3 x's or o's. But this has limited appeal. The richer the content, the more people want to be involved.

Ports have to have needs -- Needs that can be satisfied only by other ports that players must either conquer or trade with. Sure our capitols will buy violins, ivory, and historical artifacts but that only gives a gold profit. Who cares. But if the citizens of our capitols required luxury goods to be happy and stay productive, we would be forced to meet their needs. Another example: ports that produce food supplies. Does anyone actually farm them? But if famine conditions hit another port or we needed extra food for a military campaign these ports would become important.

I know some of you do not want to ever have to trade but unless the economy and trade becomes important, none of us are going to have any lasting role in this Naval Action.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Farrago said:

The only permanent solution to this and almost all other problems with this game is bigger population and that's only going to come with more content.

Some have argued that the battle IS the content. Well, tic-tac-toe has battle content to line up 3 x's or o's. But this has limited appeal. The richer the content, the more people want to be involved.

Ports have to have needs -- Needs that can be satisfied only by other ports that players must either conquer or trade with. Sure our capitols will buy violins, ivory, and historical artifacts but that only gives a gold profit. Who cares. But if the citizens of our capitols required luxury goods to be happy and stay productive, we would be forced to meet their needs. Another example: ports that produce food supplies. Does anyone actually farm them? But if famine conditions hit another port or we needed extra food for a military campaign these ports would become important.

I know some of you do not want to ever have to trade but unless the economy and trade becomes important, none of us are going to have any lasting role in this Naval Action.

I can't make so much +1 as i want for this. You absolutely nailed it. @admin should read that.

16 hours ago, Christendom said:

Frankly it sounds like what you and Sveno are talking about is basically a lobby system for PBs.No sailing, no time wasting....no fun.

Really. I think you're reading things into my posts that aren't there. That game is already coming anyways, it's called NAL. Flipping a port for a PB you don't intend to fight is the same thing for the defender as sitting in ports, waiting for flag purchase window to be over because you simply cannot react in time if you're doing anything else but waiting.

Are you enjoying sailing around in your ship with no enemy in sight?

oh that's right... it's not something done against your nation, so it's cool.

5 hours ago, admin said:

the desire to come to defend ports and attack ports might be reignited if victory marks can only be received by being on the conquest leaderboard and no other way. New types of the same ships should be introduced (for example Navy Issue Ocean with better stats) that is only available through victory marks. And victory marks should only be received by winning port battles and holding the first (and maybe second and third place)

this just reinforces the fact that you have made this huge open world that has no purpose. perhaps ports need to be of more importance to the economy. in fact work it out in such a way that the main source of the economy is from ports. make it so that no gold is given from sinking ships. everyone will hate it but it will solve your problem. they only get gold from killing an enemy if the ship is captured and not sunk. last I checked ships didn't make money doing damage to enemy ships back in the gap. I would only approve of this idea if port battles are set by BR limit and if the clan in control of the port can set the BR for that port. 25vs25 is to much. let it be possible for the clans that want it. but let it be changeable for the clans that done want it. besides it makes the game more of a sandbox. 

37 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

. I would only approve of this idea if port battles are set by BR limit and if the clan in control of the port can set the BR for that port. 25vs25 is to much. let it be possible for the clans that want it. but let it be changeable for the clans that done want it. besides it makes the game more of a sandbox. 

good thing that the admins don't NEED your approval. I thought you didn't care about dots on the map anyways.

10 hours ago, admin said:

the desire to come to defend ports and attack ports might be reignited if victory marks can only be received by being on the conquest leaderboard and no other way. New types of the same ships should be introduced (for example Navy Issue Ocean with better stats) that is only available through victory marks. And victory marks should only be received by winning port battles and holding the first (and maybe second and third place)

I agree, but by giving it just stats will not make it desirable. Make it look all black with red sails. Get it? Don't underestimate the power of skins. Also, have visual representation of how ships look. Almost every book or mode had 0 description of what it does, same with ships. This is a big problem. Give people eyes first then add extra stats. 

Edited by George Washington

When you say flipped you mean Hostility to have a PB right? Because flipped to me means you already lost it...   Anyway.. No thanks... The attacker already invested time and resources in raising the Hostility on what might or might not have been an intentional d=misdirection. Why does he need to pay a fee? Misdirection and being sneaky is part of warfare. The fact that you have a bunch of whiners that are mad the enemy fooled them is not the games fault.

19 hours ago, DesMoines said:

I think i had see a post with idea for take town.

Flags must return to take "Town of Regions" and after we take all Town of a region we can take (try) Capital of Region... This idea is forgot? Flag gave some actions in this game. Hostility isn t bad idea...but for all towns it s just too repetitive, boring and inefficient for counter a Hostility UP...

If you give some actions in NA...probably more players will play more often. A game can t be BUS vs BUS...or go to Aion or Swotr or all others who have try to do that...never work.

The first thing is..FOUND PLAYERS !!!! Give them some thing you have delete... (Paint, Ship, Tempest Battle...Langage pack or others...) BUT NOT FOR SVERIDGE ...give them only popcorn (joke of course)

Maybe it was this post? Very raw proposal ...

All ports are capturable, we also still have regionports. Clans (and nations?) can ally (even from other nations perhaps?). Lordprotector can set the hours when the ports are available for attack. No neutral ports that need to be set to another condition, just the map as it is now.

What about having the flags used to attack the small ports, not the regioncapitals? They can still cost a lot of money or resources or combat marks or all of those together?

The ports attacked with a flag will be contested (if the attacker wins), which means production(?) in that port gets lowered (50%, 70% 100%?)(for a certain time perhaps or as long as it isn't recaptured?).

Only one flag per day can be used against a certain region? So it would take atleast 4 days of fighting, before 'sudden death', or 'matchpoint' comes into play.

Everybody knows where the fight is going to be, there are several chances to intercept, defend and counterattack, there is time to assemble a countergroup (be it: relocate ships, make alliances, etc.). It is in everybodies interest (both attacker and defender) to fight the next battles (to get full controle again for the defenders or to push on and advance for the attackers).

Should the attacked port be empty (no defenders), than the attackers don't get any rewards (make the rewards dependend on br or something? dividing something through zero doesn't work). The port goes into contention and production (or something else) gets lowered (for both attackers and defenders), both nations/enemies/defenders can still enter and use the port (so the attacker has free use to dock up, teleport, etc.). Consider it hostility?

Defenders can try to kick the attackers out (they cannot craft/buy a flag while their enemy/attacker has an active flag against one of the other ports in the region, and vice versa?)(the hours set by lordprotector are not reset). (Maybe, if the defenders, for some reason where not able to defend, they can craft a counterflag now? The attackers know this, they also know in which timezone this counter-attack might occur, they see the flag.)

To be able to actually capture those ports, the attackers would need to capture more of them (or all) before they can go for the regioncapital in a 'real' portbattle. If the attackers win, they take over the region (they already occupy the other ports, defenders lose acces to them at this point and the new lordprotector can set a new timezone if he so desires).

It would make the fights/fronts move slower, it would be obvious to spot the dangerous areas (not for an hour or two, but for the next several days), pvp'ers and pirates maybe act as mercenaries, etc. The playernumber will always be a problem, a zerg is hard to stop, atleast maybe you have more time to organize against it?

On 24.10.2017 at 1:55 PM, admin said:

New types of the same ships should be introduced (for example Navy Issue Ocean with better stats) that is only available through victory marks. And victory marks should only be received by winning port battles and holding the first (and maybe second and third place)

Those stats should be only insignificantly better, tho... some sort of prestige versions more than straight better. Giving the strongest RvR nations even stronger ships doesn't really sound like it would end very well... #snowballing #balance #swergproblems

Edited by Landsman

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

And unfortunately the losers dont have any mechanic to counter the zergs. So they keep being a lot of small nations against one big nation. And always is easier to organize only one nation than several ones.

Currently, there is no way to unite against a common enemy. And thanks to that, big nations can do with great freedom what they want. 

Aye - Which is where the Foreign Clan Alliances would be a great addition for all of us.

• Like 1