Game-Labs Forum

Solution for Empty Portbattles?

4 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Lol...Look man... This isn`t World of Warships.

Losing a valuable SHIP, defending or attacking a port which only  cause COSTS, is not motivating.It is waste of time. That is the whole point of this thread. You grind missions nowadays only to pay TAXES for ports which are not valuable. This makes sense to you?

If i have to lose a ship, then it needs a proper reason., and in my opinion ports need to be valuable again.

I know, World of Warships has a healthy playerbase with thousands of players playing every day. Naval Action EU has 500 at primetime peak, Global not even half that amount.

You state another reason why Naval Action fails, ships costs too much time and money. Why should anyone fight if you loose too much? Since devs abadoned the durability system we didnt get more battles anymore, only less. Only a few forum-heros were happy about capping now worthy ships while the sheeps just ragequit (happened mulitple times in battles for me while hunting) You can even ask for ransom because ships are too worthy to fight with and players pay! The game lacks to focus on what is good in it. Only the combatinstance excels, everything else is less than 'meh'.

A healthy Naval Action shouldn't need to force you to be at some economy hotspots. With a healthy playerbase you should fight battles overall the place. Economy hotspots are just the unicorn-plaster on a big stabbing wound you will bleed out eventually.

34 minutes ago, Cortez said:

No. Players are playing the game, game needs to keep players in the game though, through CONTENT. And there is no much of it right now.

That might be true. Off topic, but true.

For more content, and something looking like, I hope, to previous flag mechanism, could it be possible to have at least a first attempt of raids?

35 minutes ago, Cortez said:

You grind missions nowadays only to pay TAXES for ports which are not valuable. This makes sense to you?

lol wtf?!?!?!

then abandon these ports that cost u too much! no one told u to keep as many ports as possible....

i know that this system works more properly with a healthy plaxerbase but so far its still a beta. but u can use the ports as neutral harbours as well.....

24 minutes ago, troody said:

lol wtf?!?!?!

then abandon these ports that cost u too much! no one told u to keep as many ports as possible....

i know that this system works more properly with a healthy plaxerbase but so far its still a beta. but u can use the ports as neutral harbours as well.....

Well that is the whole point :)

Not gonna abandon a port when nobody attacks, but when somebody attacks and i think" uhm, nah, not worth fighting" :P

This whole thread is about empty portbattles..You forgot?

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I know, World of Warships has a healthy playerbase with thousands of players playing every day. Naval Action EU has 500 at primetime peak, Global not even half that amount.

You state another reason why Naval Action fails, ships costs too much time and money. Why should anyone fight if you loose too much? Since devs abadoned the durability system we didnt get more battles anymore, only less. Only a few forum-heros were happy about capping now worthy ships while the sheeps just ragequit (happened mulitple times in battles for me while hunting) You can even ask for ransom because ships are too worthy to fight with and players pay! The game lacks to focus on what is good in it. Only the combatinstance excels, everything else is less than 'meh'.

A healthy Naval Action shouldn't need to force you to be at some economy hotspots. With a healthy playerbase you should fight battles overall the place. Economy hotspots are just the unicorn-plaster on a big stabbing wound you will bleed out eventually.

You probably miss 1 most important difference between WoW and NA. A ship losing in Wow is cheap, in NA it is not.

In WOW you practically lose nothing, in NA People quit because losing 1st rate or several 1st rates.

Now, once again, if you want to motivate People to fight portbattles, then ports Need to be valuable, they Need to have a meaning, otherwise there is no Point in Conquest in this game atm.

the desire to come to defend ports and attack ports might be reignited if victory marks can only be received by being on the conquest leaderboard and no other way. New types of the same ships should be introduced (for example Navy Issue Ocean with better stats) that is only available through victory marks. And victory marks should only be received by winning port battles and holding the first (and maybe second and third place)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, admin said:

the desire to come to defend ports and attack ports might be reignited if victory marks can only be received by being on the conquest leaderboard and no other way. New types of the same ships should be introduced (for example Navy Issue Ocean with better stats) that is only available through victory marks. And victory marks should only be received by winning port battles and holding the first (and maybe second and third place)

But that would mean winners keep winning and losers lose double.

It would increase risk of losing ships more, so less pvp.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp
  • Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

It is if you think before you do stuff and not just do stuff.

Listen, rediii, if it's one thing you want is a fair fight. 

What you are doing is not skill, it is being the server bully. We have a fresh fleet that wants to train to become better. If you ask me, you are afraid. And you want to kill it in the bud. Smart, maybe. but fun? No. Sweden is emptying the server right now. And yes, I blame you and your fellow Swedes for this. 

You really can't stand the fact others might become strong enough to give you a real fight. So stop yelling about organising. And give others a chance to become organised and give you content. Right now you are killing it. GJ.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

RvR is not about fair fights

Also if you want to train your fleet why attack sweden first and then think we dont attack back? Its what I call stupid.

And I thought sveno just wanted nice fights? Basically you punish us for giving you nice content? Disgusting.

We were prepared to give you nice fights. But that will only happen if you want to have fun. You fun will otherwise be shortlived and soon you will complain about empty servers. While YOU caused this. 

redii, your powerkick is an illness you should have checked out. Because you are really on an unhealthy powertrip.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp
  • Like 3

this situation wouldn’t be a problem with more players to fill the map.  Just about every problem with the game right now is a symptom of simply just not having a full server.  

Please don’t add premium or better ships to the “winners” in this game.  It’s already difficult for the lesser nations to compete with the Zerg ones ones without alliances.  You’ll just drive even more players away.  

We need more players, less servers, less nations and clan alliances.  

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Cortez said:

You probably miss 1 most important difference between WoW and NA. A ship losing in Wow is cheap, in NA it is not.

In WOW you practically lose nothing, in NA People quit because losing 1st rate or several 1st rates.

You didn't read the quoted post. I didn't miss it, i pointed it out.

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

You just dont understand the game. Ask bernadotte in this topic, war isnt fair

Also I and sveno have different oppinions more than you think probably. imagine it like a good cop bad cop situation. Im the bad one that thinks we shouldnt give ports back, max make it neutral so we dont cut anyone off from ressources.

In my oppinion you chose a ultra hard, impossible, nation without a capital to have the best rvr experience you can have. You attacked sweden when you were ready and failed, no problem there, sweden will also fail pretty soon hopefully

Also in my oppinion, if sweden is too nice again we just dont get anything out of it. We destroy noones fun. We deliver you the rvr experience devs wanted to implement with new nations. If you fear that you lose a war vs sweden go into diplomatic talks. Its part of rvr. 

Atm I think sweden was too nice to everyone. Pirates hated you more than us on saturday and joined us because of it. We made a mistake by being too nice and therefore motivate no alliance against sweden aswell as just to not come to portbattles because we give the port back anyway or just stop conquering. So now im just hello kitty you all lets take everything you have so people are actually willing to unite against sweden in a proper way.

If not and you lose too many battles then you'r hello kittyed, sorry dude. :D Don't choose a impossible nation if you can't handle losing your ports. (which is still far away man, the hardcore rvr nation is already crying after 2 lost OW battles)

Hey LV!  Your long lost twin brother? He's over here! ;)

Buster 

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 2

Navy versions of ships I do not think are good for the game...ateast not right now.

I see the appeal for them, but they either need to be so incredibly expensive that it really hurts to lose them, or so hard to acquire that ultimately either way you don't see a lot of them.

But powercreep comes in and eventually you'll always have people only sailing those ships, we already have that problem right now with hvy rattle, pfrig, Wasa, Ocean/vic.

29 minutes ago, Cortez said:

I suggest to remove USA. You agree?

Sure, though I don’t play the US anymore so I doubt your comment has the desired effect.  I don’t have the affinity for pixel nations that others have in this game, someone might say that affinity harms it more than benefits.

I’d say with the current map the US has a right to be there during this time period, more so than nations like Prussia, Poland, Russia or even DK.  If we’re going for accuracy that is.  

I am a proponent of making the map smaller and cutting off most of the US except for perhaps Florida makes sense and there would be no reason to have them as a nation.  

7 hours ago, Alado said:

more fun, is that 10 guys capture 20 empty ports while the rest sleep

If there was port timers than your clan would set it to your clans prime time so how would they be flipping your ports when your asleep?  If it's not your clans ports than you shouldn't have to worry about it.  Let some other person worry about there ports if they can't defend it in other what ever time it's set in than that is there problem not yours.

18 minutes ago, Christendom said:

this situation wouldn’t be a problem with more players to fill the map.  Just about every problem with the game right now is a symptom of simply just not having a full server.  

Please don’t add premium or better ships to the “winners” in this game.  It’s already difficult for the lesser nations to compete with the Zerg ones ones without alliances.  You’ll just drive even more players away.  

We need more players, less servers, less nations and clan alliances.  

Paint Chest is a great reward.  Make certain ships that might be great for OW but not used in Port Battle the rewards.  Niagara and a few other ships could be put into that place.  Hell even the Prince is more an OW ship than port battle ships.  There could be flags, sails and paints though that you can only get through PvP/RvR (make them the same thing point wise) that you can only get with marks from them.

35 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no reward for showing up against a force you prob won't win against other than the reword of keeping your port.  We see this all the time on Global when we do port battles.  Certain nations loose a few and than refuse to show up and fight.  Though right now it's not the RvR Nation that has the Victory marks for conquest, it's the biggest carebear nation that is grabbing up empty AI owned ports not player owned.   Why should they be rewarded on PvP/RvR against AI?   

Though I think the conquest reward should be for difrent place.  Give every one one victory mark that went to a port battle, this for both sides win or loose.  Give the winners something like the Paint Chest.   Give the top three nations a victory mark, but the number one nation gets an extra one for winning the week.   This rewards folks that show up for port battles and it rewards the top three nations.  Though port battles against AI gives no rewards not even the paint chest.   Though I honestly would just be happy with the pain chest reward for my hard work in port battle or weekly victory of conquest.  Though anouther way to do it is bring back PvP marks and put the rewards in the shops for the RvR/PvP guys.  That way you can only get the marks from fighting other players.

33 minutes ago, admin said:

its hard to win when everyone is against you 

The problem is when they stop fighting.  Pirates on GLOBAL has been fighting this fight against the two largest nations and winning.   They stop fighting back when they loose a port or two.   Than what?

32 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

So you want to add extra benefits for being on conquest leaderboard... I am ok with that, as long as players on PvP leaderboard will get some benefits too.

Paints would be a great item to introduce that way.  The PvE'er's would buy them off the RvR/PvPers if they really really want them bad enough or they can show up to port battles and get them. I would also give them a chance in the ship wreck events again and other ways to earn them like buying a chest in the shop for PvP points.  The only ships I would put for PvP/RvR only are ships like the Niagara that don't have a place in port batttles, but can be used in OW.   

30 minutes ago, rediii said:

Would be nice if neutral ports dont count into the conquest leaderboard (you mean players, right?)

Right now the conquest leaderboard is full of, sorry, pve players. :D

Yah fighting AI's should not count or taking ports that are empty.  Maybe have contested player owned ports cost more points then an AI owned port?  Right now GB has the most ports by almost 20 more than any one else and it's just cause they are grabbing ports from AI, they haven't many of them from  contested ports, but they get the Victory marks cause of a bunch of guys running around in Mortar Brigs flipping the ports.  We don't want to grab all those dots cause they are worthless to us for one victory point I can get from doing a little PvP in the OW.

29 minutes ago, admin said:

what do you mean? neutral ports are counted in the controlled ports?

He means when a nation captures a AI owned Neutral port it should not give them a point for the port battle win.  That point should only be for contested port battles against another nation.   One nation zerging all the empty AI Neutral ports is not RvR Conquest it's PvE.   The only way another nation can beat them is to attack all those ports and the majority of the port battles will be empty.  I know my clan doesn't want another 20-40 ports we don't want anything to do with. The other thing is you loose points when a port goes back to neutral.  I think if you abandon it it shouldn't.  Now if you forgot to pay than yes it should.   Though right now with the money you can easly make it's not hard to pay for the ports. 

Specially with these guys going in with a mortar brig sitting up win from the 1st rates and killing them.  The BR difference is making it so they are making a killing.  They make more than if you solo the 1st rates missions with a 1st rate.  While I love the mortar brig but it shouldn't be used this way.  Maybe make it so that a mission can't gain hostility points unless you bring in a certain BR first.  Simply limit that BR to that type of mission.  1st rates 600+, 4th rates you need 250+, shallow 75+.   So that way it has to be at least one ship of the proper BR.

Though the best way to fix the Mortar brig thing is to do an announcement when Agro starts on a port and than they can't do it all sneaky like. I jumped into two missions this week with a simple basic cutter and killed guys doing this.  Most of them don't even put side cannons on there mortar brigs, it's just finding them when they pull missions that is a pain.

As for empty or low number port battles. I know one way they can help fix this.  Turn Pirates nation into a Privateer faction.  Allow the clans to work as Mercs/Privateers for other nations and that allows them to fill port battles of said clans/nations.  IF some one doesn't want to be invovled in the RvR than they they can just be Pirates/Oulaws and enjoy there OW pvp.   Give all pirates perm ports (freetowns/PIrate Havens) they can fight out of.   With these new nations and not a single thing done with pirates mechanics it's time they get some love.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Hey, unite and fight us then please? :)

Come on, make us all on Euro PvP really hate you and HRE :), you're really going to have to work at that as you need to get all the other Swedish clans mad at you too. TBH I don't think you've got what it takes to get everyone that mad at you, you are too nice compared to LV, when commanding a PB you sound, to me, rather Priestly.

LV's  'gift' of personal annoyance you just don't possess; I reckon he could make the Pope curse at him when he was an alter boy.

Nevertheless, it was great fun with almost endless RvR battles, aggression and salt throughout the entire player base (including other Pirates) and large ship gatherings mixed with endless venom that surpassed the requirements of game play and entered into the personal.  Good times and some not so good, but memorable never the less.

Buster (stirring his tea) 

3 minutes ago, FurQ said:

How can any of us trust you guys, you have lied to me, personally, twice !.

who lied to u? u mean the whole swedish nation? cause a single person cannot decide anything in our nation....?

and by the way: its a game, if u take it too serious, get a life...