Game-Labs Forum

Pirates Mercs

From what I hear the idea of clan wars has been dropped. Wouldnt it be wise to still add it but as an exclusive to pirates?? Maybe remove rvr for the pirate nation all together in favor of pirates fighting for nationalists that are willing to build the the ships they need in port battles.  

• Like 2

Sounds good except without some sort of reputation or feedback system, I'm not sure how well it would work. For example, I play Dutch on Global. We're a small nation. But I don't think we'd ever hire someone to help in battles. But even if we did, we certainly wouldn't give them ships that could be later used against us if the mercs were hired by our enemies the next week.

Interesting since from what i hear clan wars/clan alliances is likely going to happen.

Whether it does or doesn't though (if it doesn't then I have a lot of people who will be very disappointed) there needs to be options for groups of all sizes to partake in.

I wouldn't be against a pirate mehanic of "hiring mercs" but i would prefer clans being able to ally each other in order for increased ability to support one another.

• Like 2

Allowing pirate clans to act as Privateers for nations would work out though.   What exactly is a Pirate again?  A Privateer without a job.  Take them out of the normal RvR in game and have them be allowed to higher out there clans to other nations kinda like how Mercs are handled in MWO.   If you don't want to be involved with RvR than you just don't get any Letters of Marques with a nation and be a Pirate/Outlaw.    And yes the Clan could work with one nation one week and than the next week be working for another. Hell if they can get it so they can be hired by more than one clan they could actually even work for more than one nation at a time.  Just imagine a big clan showing up and fighting on both sides of the fight.  While not fighting each other they could join say a GB vs US fight and half join each side killing the GB or US on the other side until nothing stands but the merc company....lol

Though I agree a reputation system does need to be put in the game, but this type of reputation would be more by actions of the Clan not something in game. If a clan did something as above it would prob get it where most other clans wouldn't trust them and hire them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Couldn't agree more with you.

It would allow big pirate clans to help small nations/clans fill port battles and get RvR too.  While they are on contract they can use the ports of that nation, but they can't do buildings and crafting just set up Out Post.   Since the faction is removed from RvR and having captured ports you give them perm ports like Free Towns spread out all over the place they can craft out of called Free/Town Pirate havens.   Places like Kidds, Mort and other traditonal Pirate Haven ports would be made these ports and spread all over the map and any one can use them as outpost, but only pirates can put up shipyards and production buildings.