Game-Labs Forum

Nerf or Re-balance the Wasa

5 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Those type of comments make you a troll... or the pot calling the kettle...

I think you need to revisit your posts and make up your mind.

Thanks for the reminder to reread my posts. Now I can say unequivocally that I did not advocate nerfing your (or my) Wasa. However, if I complete a 4th rate mission in my Wasa, it should yield less reward than if I was sailing my Connie because despite the game currently (incorrectly IMO) rating those two ships equal BR, they are not currently equal ships.

And now, I'm dropping this on my end. I just hope we can continue improving the game and one way I think the game can improve is with consistency in how BR is assigned to ships. You disagree because I guess that idea threatens -- you think -- your Wasa. [shrug]

1 minute ago, Farrago said:

Thanks for the reminder to reread my posts. Now I can say unequivocally that I did not advocate nerfing your (or my) Wasa. However, if I complete a 4th rate mission in my Wasa, it should yield less reward than if I was sailing my Connie because despite the game currently (incorrectly IMO) rating those two ships equal BR, they are not currently equal ships.

And now, I'm dropping this on my end. I just hope we can continue improving the game and one way I think the game can improve is with consistency in how BR is assigned to ships. You disagree because I guess that idea threatens -- you think -- your Wasa. [shrug]

Yeah it's just my Wasa, you can't have it... Get out of here :lol:

8 hours ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

It's a shame that you can't read...but with this response...I understand that your dimisnished cognitive abilities are severely limited and that those taxes for public school were mostly wasted.  You should strongly consider a lesser game such as minecraft...they have all kinds of crayons that they can use to explain it to you.

So only because you claim the most OP ship in game does not need nerfing and that you don't even use it, i should accept both as hard facts? Still being retarded i see... If you can only enjoy tha game with a OP ship then maybe you are the one bad at the game and should look for something simpler in terms of gameplay? Your user name is well chosen, no doubt.

4 hours ago, Malachy said:

It looks like the Connie is gettin a buff soon. They alluded to it on facebook

I hope so, i really prefer the connies looks and history and still not buying your "connie is superior to wasa", when everyone agrees Wasa is OP and people that used to sail frigates in OW play all Wasa now... When that duel with redii happend, please link the replay to me, i'm really interested in that.

Did they mention what kind of buff?

7 hours ago, Farrago said:

Um, please take a moment to read what I wrote.

Don't bother with them mate, they're just a bunch of losers that enjoy spamming Wasa in PvE. It is amusing tho, how the people that are against the Wasa nerf, are not even denying it is OP ( probably because they know they would look even more stupid doing so ) but are instead just telling people to deal with it... 

5 hours ago, Landsman said:

I hope so, i really prefer the connies looks and history and still not buying your "connie is superior to wasa", when everyone agrees Wasa is OP and people that used to sail frigates in OW play all Wasa now... When that duel with redii happend, please link the replay to me, i'm really interested in that.

Did they mention what kind of buff?

No, it was in the post about the real Connie being refit and they said Connie refit was coming to NA as well. The Connie is superior if you know how to use her. If you don't know how to sail her (read: take advantage of her shot bouncing abilities) you will get your ass handed to you by a wasa. Of course I've been fighting first rates, bellona and other lineships in connies for the years it's been in game so a wasa doesn't seem all that tough in comparison. 

Edited by Malachy

7 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Of course I've been fighting first rates, bellona and other lineships in connies for the years it's been in game so a wasa doesn't seem all that tough in comparison. 

So this is basically all about you bragging and boasting about your skill and experience in constitution more than a actual balance comparison between the 2 ships? Fair enough, i guess.

10 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Connie refit was coming to NA as well

Cool, can't wait to see it. Hopefully for Legends aswell...

5 hours ago, Landsman said:

Don't bother with them mate, they're just a bunch of losers that enjoy spamming Wasa in PvE. It is amusing tho, how the people that are against the Wasa nerf, are not even denying it is OP ( probably because they know they would look even more stupid doing so ) but are instead just telling people to deal with it... 

Image result for loser

18 hours ago, Rigs said:

I got killed by Wasa, buff me and nerf everyone else :rolleyes:

No need to be a toxic scum.

Lucky this forum isn't moderated. I would remove low effort spammers from "suggestions" on sight and with a warning/ban.

Edited by Tenet

8 hours ago, Landsman said:

Yes, thanks. I'm not sure why I got involved. I am usually better at ignoring the trolls without actually using the ignore button. There are 3 or so whom it's time tho.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Landsman said:

So this is basically all about you bragging and boasting about your skill and experience in constitution more than a actual balance comparison between the 2 ships? Fair enough, i guess.

Cool, can't wait to see it. Hopefully for Legends aswell...

Most people don't master any ships. If you take the time to really learn how to sail them, you would be amazed what they can do. The stats are but a small part of their true abilities. Why do you think there are still lots of connies out there? When the Agamemnon came out people said "omg it's gonna make the Connie obsolete!" Oddly enough, it never did and neither will the wasa. If they buff the Connie fine, if not I'm fine with that too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Most people don't master any ships. If you take the time to really learn how to sail them, you would be amazed what they can do. The stats are but a small part of their true abilities. Why do you think there are still lots of connies out there? When the Agamemnon came out people said "omg it's gonna make the Connie obsolete!" Oddly enough, it never did and neither will the wasa. If they buff the Connie fine, if not I'm fine with that too. 

What do you master sail?

35 minutes ago, George Washington said:

What do you master sail?

Every ship has its quirks. Most of them can perform well beyond the statistics, but requires intimate knowledge of how to position your sails and how the ship will respond to your inputs. It's one of the reasons I like this game. For example, there are lots of blokes who sail surprises, some really decent players,  but only a few who have mastered them, liquicity, Werwolf, couple others. Those who mastered them, and put hundreds of hours in them are the ones who can fight them to their true potential. The average player uses a ship for awhile and moves to the next new thing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Every ship has its quirks. Most of them can perform well beyond the statistics, but requires intimate knowledge of how to position your sails and how the ship will respond to your inputs. It's one of the reasons I like this game. For example, there are lots of blokes who sail surprises, some really decent players,  but only a few who have mastered them, liquicity, Werwolf, couple others. Those who mastered them, and put hundreds of hours in them are the ones who can fight them to their true potential. The average player uses a ship for awhile and moves to the next new thing. 

I am not impressed. Surprises have everything you need to win pvp and if you work in a pack they are deadly to any ship. Front/rear guns, fast turning response that always helps you to angle and deflect shots, quick reload and very fast wind angles make these ships perfect and easy to master. I want to see a guy who can do all that in Trinc or Endy. Oh wait, these ships can't be compared to Surprise, so we are back to the only best pvp / gank ship - Surprise. Problem here is devs do not balance ships right, so all the best sail the best and there is no variety. This makes game boring. 

Both Wasa and Indefatigable being 250 BR is a colossal joke. As soon as BR actually matters again, it will be very important to get these BR mishaps in order.

and big LOL @ the people who don't want their toy nerfed because they don't realize they don't even have an advantage because everyone else is  also using the Wasa.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Lets add a 13knt 2nd rate with 12 chasers, and lets give it better turn/armor than the buc! Those who don't like this need to just adapt to change!

This is what Wasa OP deniers sound like.

You forgot to make available for just a few combat marks, so everyone can easily grind out as many as they need

29 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I am not impressed. Surprises have everything you need to win pvp and if you work in a pack they are deadly to any ship. Front/rear guns, fast turning response that always helps you to angle and deflect shots, quick reload and very fast wind angles make these ships perfect and easy to master. I want to see a guy who can do all that in Trinc or Endy. Oh wait, these ships can't be compared to Surprise, so we are back to the only best pvp / gank ship - Surprise. Problem here is devs do not balance ships right, so all the best sail the best and there is no variety. This makes game boring. 

The surprise is a good ship, and has a few unique characteristics that make it the ship of big PVPers. 

But the surprise also has distinct weaknesses aswell like its paper mast, low caliber guns and virtually no hull curve. A good hermie/pfrig captain can chop a surprise's mast in half in a single broadside. So the surp isn't the end all be all of 5th rates. Its just a good choice until we get more ships with similar profile/chaser setup 

This is unlike the Wasa which stat by stat out performs the other 4th rates in most areas and has maybe 2 exploitable weaknesses which is mast thickness and slightly less armor thickness compared to connie (same as agga) . But if a consti/aga gets into a mast duel with each other the TTK is still pretty equal if not in the wasa's favor given its 32-24 size cannons over 24-18s or 24-12 of the consti's.

As for the thickness, its the same as the agga so its not really UP there. A wasa will out pen the connie if both are angling with its bigger guns, so the thickness advantage of the connie is pretty much negated.

The wasa actually is the end all be all of 4th rates, it's simply better than any other. It's like when people thought the agga was going to make the connie obsolete but it didn't. Except this time the wasa actually is making every other 4th and most 5th rates obsolete. That's why every other ship you see in OW is a wasa.

I can't even count how often I've seen Surprises get sunk in PVP because of those paper masts. One solid 18pd or 24pd broadside carefully aimed at the mid section and there goes 25% sail HP and a rigging shock preventing them from avoiding the next broadside that will take the second mast.  The Wasa simply has no such weakness.

3 hours ago, George Washington said:

I do know folks that do all that in trincs and connies (the endy is just plain trash but some folks are die hard fans). I can name at least half a dozen, Sir Robert Calder, Connie. Myself, Connie or trinc. Vile executioner, Connie or trinc. John loring, regular frigate or Connie. Blackjack  Morgan, Connie or Trinc. All of these folks can beat a surprise with their preferred ship with one arm tied behind their backs. A surprise is forgiving, but it's hardly the end all of a pvp ship. Usually the surprise Is the ship noob pvpers try first, get their butts handed to them and then they move onto something else. Very few people who sail surprises or any ship are even halfway decent with them. Even fewer are good and fewer still have mastered them.

Edited by Malachy

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The surprise is a good ship, and has a few unique characteristics that make it the ship of big PVPers. 

But the surprise also has distinct weaknesses aswell like its paper mast, low caliber guns and virtually no hull curve. A good hermie/pfrig captain can chop a surprise's mast in half in a single broadside. So the surp isn't the end all be all of 5th rates. Its just a good choice until we get more ships with similar profile/chaser setup 

This is unlike the Wasa which stat by stat out performs the other 4th rates in most areas and has maybe 2 exploitable weaknesses which is mast thickness and slightly less armor thickness compared to connie (same as agga) . But if a consti/aga gets into a mast duel with each other the TTK is still pretty equal if not in the wasa's favor given its 32-24 size cannons over 24-18s or 24-12 of the consti's.

As for the thickness, its the same as the agga so its not really UP there. A wasa will out pen the connie if both are angling with its bigger guns, so the thickness advantage of the connie is pretty much negated.

The wasa actually is the end all be all of 4th rates, it's simply better than any other. It's like when people thought the agga was going to make the connie obsolete but it didn't. Except this time the wasa actually is making every other 4th and most 5th rates obsolete. That's why every other ship you see in OW is a wasa.

The wasa can't bounce shots at all. Every shot from pretty much any angle hits home. You can angle a Connie to bounce entire broadsides from the wasa. That's probably the wasa biggest weakness. Also the wasas chasers are highly inaccurate and have a huge spread on them. 

My opinion of the wasa is the same as my opinion of the surprise. It's a great forgiving, entry level ship for pvp but not something you will see top tier pvpers use much. I do see lots and lots of noobs and low skillled pvpers in wasa. Most of the skilled pvpers use pirate frigate over the surprise. There are always exceptions of course like liquicity and Werwolf in surprises. 

I pvp in 4th rates almost exclusively. My lineup right now is 6 connies, 3 Agamemnon and 2 Wasa. I have 1 1st rate that I capped from a swede and 3 bellona. That's all I use right there for both solo pvp, group pvp and ganking. I'll be eliminating one of the wasa shortly 

Edited by Malachy
  • Like 1